When Did That Happen?

by Courtney on December 3, 2011

Happy weekend! Does anyone have any fun plans going on in the next couple of days?

Well last night was another nice, low-key evening here at the Horan household. I had some studying that I wanted to get done after work, so after that was finished up, Jay and I hit the road and headed out to grab some take-out for dinner.

“Welcome to Moe’s!”

We decided to bring our Moe’s dinner home since this particular location didn’t have our favorite soda machine, and there wasn’t much of a point in sticking around if I couldn’t play with that. Plus, we both really just wanted to slip into our cozies and chill out on the couch. Nothin’ wrong with that, right? Winking smile

I went for another Chicken Rice Bowl, which had the same toppings as usual and was actually a lot more enormous than I first realized. A lot more.

Of course, I was also supplied ample amounts of free chips and I loaded up on the black bean salsa (<—anyone tried that one yet? I love it!).

Let me tell ya…if the guacamole was free, those stacks would be totally equal, but what can I say…I’m cheap. Smile

I think I probably should have cooled it on the chips, considering the fact that I ate about 3/4 of the full bag and filled up on those rather than my rice bowl. I only got through about half the bowl, but it’s cool because now I have lunch to bring to work with me today. Score!

With dinner, Jay and I also sipped on a couple of adult beverages made with some of last week’s fun purchases. That stuff is just flippin’ delicious.

After dinner, we settled in, I caught up on a little magazine reading…

And then we decided to grab a movie from Redbox.

Has anyone else seen Crazy Stupid Love?  Jay and I both LOVED this movie! It was the perfect mix of comedy and drama, the ending was both surprising and hilarious, and, well, let’s just say that Mr. Ryan Gosling wasn’t lookin’ half bad either.

Good lord. When did that happen?!? Honestly, I’d never really been super drawn to him but there was something about him in this movie that was so attractive?!

Don’t worry, hubby…you’re still my #1!

DSCN1000

*****

This morning, I was up and at ‘em nice and early in order to get ready for a work shift that I offered to cover today. More Christmas money…more Christmas money…

I wanted to start the day off with a quick workout, so I started out with this 30 Minute Speedy Interval Run. No matter what, that workout kicks my butt every.single.time. and I love it. Breakfast was another repeat of yesterday’s, and now me and my Moe’s leftovers and headed out the door.

Have a great day everyone!

Question for the Morning:

Who are some of your favorite actors??

1 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health December 3, 2011 at 8:53 am

Oh Ryan Gosling is so gorgeous in that movie!! And I really liked him and Emma Stone together in it! One of my favorite actors is Ryan Reynolds. He is seriously so attractive and I love that he is funny :D.
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Start Your Fitness Journey Now

2 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 3, 2011 at 8:54 am

I love getting yummy food & bringing it home to enjoy on the couch… so fun!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Recipe Roundup, Part 3

3 Brandi December 3, 2011 at 9:04 am

Hmmm gonna have to get that movie and check him out! :) Have you seen Thor?? Um yeah, Chris Hemsworth is yummy in that movie and he could actually act too! I am not a huge fan of the Avengers series, but he hooked me. Plus he’s Australian. :)
I have always been a sucker for Hugh Jackman as well… I am also currently obsessed with new Robin Hood. Maybe I need to take a trip to Australia??? :)

Have a great day!

4 Khushboo December 3, 2011 at 9:11 am

I loved that movie! I normally can’t stand Steve Carrell but he also did a great job!
Khushboo recently posted..December Do’s & Don’ts

5 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill December 3, 2011 at 9:17 am

I really liked Crazy, Stupid, Love! I wasn’t expecting it to be funny, but it was! Will Ferrell is one of my favorite actors–he makes me laugh so hard!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..My Personal Meal Plan

6 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection December 3, 2011 at 9:35 am

I totally agree about Ryan Gosling (The Notebook is still one of my favorite movies), and now I really want to see Crazy Stupid Love!! Steve Carrell is one of my favorite comedians, but overall Tom Hanks will always be one of my favorites : )
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..Our Engagement Pictures

7 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine December 3, 2011 at 9:40 am

I love Moe’s! I went there last week to see the soda machine, and the Moe’s I went to didn’t have it! I was so disappointed!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Bacon, Balsamic Onion and Vermont White Cheddar Paninis

8 Heather December 3, 2011 at 9:46 am

Ryan Reynolds. enough said. swoon.
Heather recently posted..Fro Yo, it’s Cold, Yo!

9 Mallory @ It's Only Life December 3, 2011 at 9:57 am

ahh i love ryan gosling! you’re totally right, i didn’t find him that attractive until that movie either… but wow!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Fit Tips Tuesday

10 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 3, 2011 at 10:10 am

I haven’t seen Crazy Stupid Love yet, but I’ve wanted to! Good to know it’s in Redbox now. ;) Ryan Gosling is a favorite – I also love Ryan Reynolds!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Owwww…

11 elizabeth December 3, 2011 at 10:11 am

oh my gosh, i LOVE, LOVE, LOVED that movie so much more than i thought i would! the ending was SUCH a great surprise and i love when movies do that to you :) it wouldn’t be nearly as good if it wasn’t for the end – i’m glad no one ruined the surprise!
elizabeth recently posted..11 things to know at 25(ish) | relevant magazine

12 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance December 3, 2011 at 10:19 am

Last night I watched Crazy Stupid Love too! Will and I both loved it– it’s so refreshing to know that there are still lovey movies like that out there :)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Arm of Bleach

13 Claire December 3, 2011 at 10:35 am

I also watched crazy stupid love for the SECOND time last night with my girlfriend. Something about Ryan IS different in this movie…he is SO handsome. I watched it the first time with my boyfriend, so I didn’t get to let loose on my excitement, so it was fun watching it with a girlfriend. Ryan Gosling has always been #1 for me ;-) haha. It’s those eyes. I could go on and on…lol
Claire recently posted..Barf Bag

14 Michelle B. December 3, 2011 at 11:02 am

I’ve never had Moe’s but now I need to look up if we have one nearby. That looks delicious!

I wish we had rented Crazy Stupid Love last night! We were trying to decide between that and 30 Minutes or Less and we decided on 30 Minutes or Less. I wasn’t impressed. Now I’ll have to fit in both Crazy Stupid Love AND The Help next weekend :-) I’ve been waiting for The Help to come out at Redbox for a while!

15 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life December 3, 2011 at 11:11 am

I love low-key Friday nights! I am going to have to try Moe’s out….

Have a great weekend!
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..They’ll Feel Like a Million Bucks

16 Suzanne Spray December 3, 2011 at 11:38 am

haha! I felt the same way about Ryan Gosling after I saw that movie, too! Two words: mysterious and sexy! (Oh, and probably a little too young for me!)
Suzanne Spray recently posted..SOUP recap

17 Faith December 3, 2011 at 11:41 am

Oof – I’d put any restaurant that offered free guacamole out of business.

18 Julie December 3, 2011 at 11:45 am

I LOVED Crazy Stupid Love. So many fun plot turns and twists with an awesome cast…one of the best movies I think I’ve actually seen all year, and that’s saying a lot since rom-com’s usually don’t have that much, ummm “substance?” hahaha.

Favorite actors looks wise are Ryan Gosling (wowzas), Jake Gyllenhal, Ryan Reynolds, James Franco, Patrick Dempsey and Leo (not as much a fan of his looks anymore, but he’s a great actor)

19 Chelcie of Chelcie's Food Files December 3, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I LOVED crazy stupid love! I’ve seen it twice, ryan gosling is the most beautiful man I’m obsessed!
Chelcie of Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..For the love of Oatmeal-Post Recap

20 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 3, 2011 at 12:31 pm

My best friend is in LOVE with Ryan Gosling! The entire time we watched Crazy Stupid Love (which I DO love) she just stared at the screen with googly eyes… pretty funny stuff!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Friday Friend Fun Time

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 3, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I really like Ryan Gosling, too. And I really REALLY like Christian Bale (from the newer Batman movies). Ever seen the old Disney movie “Newsies?” Christian Bale starred in it, and I LOVED the movie in middle school! I think I could still sing all the songs! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Could this post BE any more random?

22 erica December 3, 2011 at 9:52 pm

omg, i LOVED newsies!!!

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 4, 2011 at 10:42 am

Haha glad I’m not the only one! ;)

24 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life December 3, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I watched Crazy, Stupid, Love with my boyfriend last night and we both loved it too. He wasn’t looking forward to watching a chick flick, but we were both pleasantly surprised by how good it was, especially the ending!

Nothing fun for the weekend here, unless you consider studying for finals to be fun. Two more weeks until I get a month off! :)
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Christmas Card Success

25 Shannon December 3, 2011 at 1:55 pm

That’s funny. My sister just finished watching Crazy, Stupid Love an hour ago. It was kind of funny in some parts.

I LOVE Moe’s. I especially like their mild salsas, chips, and Mini Masterpieces. :)

My favorite actors are Angelina Jolie (she was fantastic in Salt), Jennifer Garner, Tom Cruise, Channing Tatum, Amanda Bynes, and Rachel McAdams (she was so good in Morning Glory, and her role in The Vow looks really good too).

26 Diana December 3, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I ask myself that about Ryan Gosling all the time – when did he start looking like that?!? That movie is SO cute, and I love that they included a twist, so unusual for the rom-com!

After living in New England for 4 years, I’m a big fan of actors with Boston accents…Marky Mark, marry me.
Diana recently posted..Thanksgiving: You Just Can’t Escape It

27 erica December 3, 2011 at 9:54 pm

some of my favorite actors are robert downey jr., orlando bloom, and johnny depp!
erica recently posted..OTV and video confessions

28 Alysha @Shesontherun.com December 3, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Lol- me and the BF just got done watching this movie tonight (no joke). Besides being envious of Emma Stone’s hair (it’s the perfect shade of auburn red), I developed an even bigger crush on Ryan. I think I’m gonna have to watch the notebook again!
Alysha @Shesontherun.com recently posted..Deep Fried Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese

29 Laura@mypurposefullife December 6, 2011 at 8:29 am

I loved that movie! Ryan Gosling looks great in it (duh), and I loved that it was the perfect movie to satisfy my love for romance-type (read: chick flicks) movies, but my boyfriend still found funny and enjoyable to watch. :)
Laura@mypurposefullife recently posted..A Festive Weekend