Girls Day Out!

Wow, talk about a fun girls day. Lots to share with you all this evening!

So a couple of you actually guessed right this morning, too…

We went to the Yankee Candle Village in Deerfield, MA!

None of us had ever been out to the flagship store and since we knew that none of the men in our lives would ever be slightly interested in going, we decided to make a girls day out of it. Definitely a great decision!

Truthfully, all of us were pretty overwhelmed upon walking into this place. I mean it seriously has everything and it is freakin’ enormous. Not only did they have about a gazillion candles in every scent imaginable, but there was also boutiques, mini shops, candy stores, and more!

Our first stop was the kitchen and man oh man did they have some fun stuff.

IMG_0382IMG_0383IMG_0384IMG_0385

The free samples totally sucked me in (as always) and also convinced me to buy an out-of-this-world vinaigrette that was out on display.

Next, we walked through some of the cute boutiques and gift shops, including one of the largest Vera Bradley displays I’ve ever seen.

I came across this adorable laptop case and came *this close* to letting my mom get it for me as an early birthday present when she offered, but as we were checking out we both thought we’d be better off leaving it behind.

I think $82.00 for a little laptop case is a little much.

As we continued walking around, we ended up in the main candle part of the store, which was full of regular candles, “dip your own” and “make your own” candles, and other candle accessories.

So.many.candles!

Eventually, we made it into Bavarian Village and “the room…”

You know, the one that snows every four minutes!

“It’s snowing!”

The girls Smile

After the snow, we wound up in the toy shop and I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I was when I came across this little guy…

I used to LOVE my Snoopy Sno-cone Machine! Did anyone else ever have one of these growing up???

After hitting just about every mini shop that there was within the store, the three of us had worked up quite an appetite, so we decided to go check out Chandler’s Restaurant, which is located right within the village store.

Unfortunately, there was about an hour wait and since we were all hungry and had already done all of our shopping, we decided to hit the road and find somewhere else to chow.

At the recommendation of the guy directing traffic in the parking lot, we ended up driving into Northampton, MA which, can I just say, is an absolutely adorable little area. It reminded me a lot of when Jay and I visited Amherst back in March – I’d definitely love to go back and shop around!

But us gals were on a mission for food, so thanks to Google Maps, we ended up at a little place called Paul & Elizabeth’s.

The place was super cute and had such a fresh, healthy menu. I loved it.

I ended up ordering the P&E’s Vegetable Burger, served with field greens, tomato, and horseradish mayonnaise (on the side) with melted Vermont cheddar.

I also decided to add some grilled red onion to my sandwich, which was an excellent addition. This veggie burger was unlike any other one I’d ever had (definitely freshly made) and was absolutely delicious. I ate about 3/4 of everything there and luckily still had a little room for dessert. Winking smile

So after we were finished, we headed back down the super-cute staircase to check out the place next door.

You guys see that little ice cream cone there next to Paul & Elizabeth’s?

Imagine my excitement when I saw THIS. Legendary ice cream? Puh-leeease…say no more!

I had never heard of Herrell’s Ice Cream, but I was sold.

I went with a double-scoop cone – one scoop of English Toffee Crunch + one scoop of Malted Vanilla.

Definitely the perfect way to end a fantastic girls day out, wouldn’t ya say? Winking smile

So what did I wind up buying today do you ask? Well…let me show you!

Candles, of course.

IMG_0425IMG_0426

A honey balsamic vinaigrette and a sample bag of Highlander Grogg coffee. I knew Jay would enjoy the Irish Cream flavor.

And finally, a new Vera Bradley coin purse. I was definitely in need of a new one.

Lots of goodies!

Phew! If you’re still with me after all of that, well then, you’re just super awesome.

Now, after a fun-filled day with mom and Meg, it’s about time for me to settle in and relax with my boys for the evening.

I hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend!

Questions for the Evening:

Have you ever visited the Yankee Candle Village store(s)?

Are you a Vera Bradley fan? What are your favorite patterns?

Comments

1. HeatherB says

Ohhh, I love Yankee Candle! I always used to go there with my mom and sisters when I lived in MA. Such a nice way to spend a girls day :)

candle stores always overwhelm my senses..i never know what anything smells like by the time i’m done! i love vera bradley but it’s so expensive… 82 dollars is a little crazy! i’m sure it will go on sale after the holidays though :)
    Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..The Boynton

3. meaghan says

Are candles @ the flagship store less expensive?? I’d like to go, but only if it’s going to save me some pennies on those candles!

4. Deb says

Hi Courtney! I have never commented on your blog (although I read it DAILY), but I live in MA and actually work in the Amherst/Noho area, and let me tell ya…for a newbie you picked great places to go, but you should definitely come back, everywhere there is great! I love Paul and Elizabeth’s…and omg Herrell’s homemade whipped cream is to DIE for. Glad you had a good day in Mass!! And again, love your blog!!! :)

5. Katie says

I haven’t been to a Yankee Candle Village Store, but I used to work at Hallmark and I was in charge of the Yankee candle section. I can still name every scent just by smelling it and not seeing the name lol.

I actually have been to that Yankee Candle store. I went to college in Northampton…. Paul & Elizabeth’s was a definite favorite. There are SO many great restaurants there. I am so jealous. I keep trying to talk my husband into a weekend trip to Noho but we haven’t made it yet. :(

What an AWESOME day! I live in MA and the Yankee Candle Village is legit. So much fun! Is that a “Christmas by the Beach” candle? Perfection in scented form!
    Heather recently posted..Sometimes

I’ve only been in the Yankee Candle store in the KOP Mall and every time I leave with the biggest headache ever. Too many scents at once! The flagship store looks a lot more spread out so I could probably tolerate it better. 😉

I loved the Snoopy Snow Cone machine! We had one growing, too!
    Krissie J recently posted..Feeling Festive

Ah, so fun! Sometimes it’s so nice to spend the entire day with your girls and not having to worry about a pesky husband asking how much longer you will be in each store. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.
    Lauren recently posted..I Must Have Been Nice

10. Kate says

Looks like you had a perfect day! My birthday is on the 13th so my mom & my sisters are meeting me there next weekend for a girl’s day/birthday lunch. Now I an even more excited to go!! Its been a few years since I’ve been & it looks like they added a bunch of stuff. Thanks for the preview!

Yes! I’ve been to the YC store many times. Did you find the clearance room there? And the Dylan’s Candy Bar shop??

We live in Boston, but my husband and I got married in Northampton (he went to UMass Amherst). I love the area!

Unfortunately, I am not a Vera Bradley fan. This is kind of a running joke for me and my husband since his sister keeps buying me VB bags for my birthday and I never said anything and now it’s too late and awkward to say anything!!

oh my goodness, can I please just say that I used to go to the Yankee Candle Village EVERY December on my way to visit family Christmas week?! As a kid, it is literally the greatest experience. They decorate it so well and make it feel like a fairy tale.
    Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Get Off My Internets

Ahh I was right with my guess :) like I said before…love that place. I went to school in Amherst and was actually visiting home in Lee today, what a coincidence to read that old post. I used to work at those outlets…..small world :)
    Jacqui recently posted..Detoxify

14. Michelle B. says

I had the snoopy sno-cone maker too! I have many fond memories of cranking that thing for hours to get a dixie-cup sized sno-cone :-)

I didn’t know this store existed!! Are the candles less expensive there?? I love Yankee Candles, I wish I had a billion dollars to buy them all the time lol.

Wow what a fun day!!! And the food – amazing! A burger and ice cream is a perfect day of eats to me 😉

I always wondered what Vera Bradely is? When I went back to NY over Thanksgiving, my husban’ds best friend’s girlfriend said that Vera Bradely, The North Face, and Uggs were the top 3 things a girl wants in NY – and I was like, who’s Vera Bradely? I guess it’s a East Coast thing?!

17. Shannon says

Yes, I have been to the Yankee Candle Store before. It’s very nice in there. If you go again, eat at Chandler’s first before shopping. It usually gets crowded around 12:30-1.

I love Vera Bradley- I only have 1 wallet from her collection (pretty blue) but I don’t mind; I like it a lot.

18. Amanda says

I LOVE the Yankee Candle Flagship store!!! There is so much to shop for there, I usually spend $80 + on all the stuff there. There is a great candy shop about 5 minutes up the road that makes their own candy their chocolate is amazing

19. Hope Frye says

Glad you had a good day in Mass!! Too bad it is a bit far from Baltimore! Glad you had fun! Paul & Elizabeth’s was a definite favorite.
    Hope Frye recently posted..Arthritis Tips

20. Ethel Delacruz says

It’s very nice in there. I have never commented on your blog (although I read it DAILY), but I live in MA and actually work in the Amherst/Noho area, and let me tell ya…for a newbie you picked great places to go, but you should definitely come back, everywhere there is great! Paul & Elizabeth’s was a definite favorite. What a fun idea for a girls’ day!
    Ethel Delacruz recently posted..Swiffer Mops