Quick Abs Circuit

Good morning! How’s everyone doing this morning?

Well, you didn’t miss much last night around here. I ended up spending my evening enjoying a combination of studying, magazine reading, TV watching, and just some straight-up chillin’. It was fantastic.

Dinner was on the easy side, thanks to some leftover Turkey & Veggie Soup that needed to get finished up.

I’m sad that this soup is gone. I think I may need to cook another turkey. Then again, maybe I’ll just keep it easy this time and use some chicken.

Jay, on the other hand, has been asking for chili-topped potatoes ever since we had them last week. I honestly think he’s a bigger fan than I am! So I cooked him up a baked potato and topped it with boatloads of chili and cheese.

I’m not gonna lie…I sorta wanted to trade with him. Winking smile

*****

Workout

Last night before heading to bed, I checked to see whether or not my Exercise on Demand channel was still available. To my surprise, it’s actually still here for the time being, so I decided to put it to use while I still can.

Of course, when I went to turn it on this morning, my favorite upper body video was now gone (GRR!) so I picked my other favorite and ended up completing a little mish-mash of things:

Originally, I was going to go back to the TV to find an abs workout, but I decided to just do my own instead, which looked a little something like this…

quick abs circuit

Nothing crazy, but it got the job done. I performed one set of each move, working from the top of the list to the bottom, with about 30 seconds of rest time in between each move. I then went back and repeated the circuit once more, working quickly with minimal rest time (had I had more time, I would have done a third set as well).

*****

Breakfast

I brought back an old favorite today, my friends…

The triple cereal combo bowl.

I used about 1/2 cup each of Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Kashi Island Vanilla, and Mom’s Best Mallow Oats (which I bought yesterday and did not realize they had marshmallows in them – talk about a fun surprise!)

In addition to almond milk and banana slices, my cereal also got a little jazzed up with some shots…

CHIA shots, that is. Winking smile

I was sent some of these Chia Shots to try out a while back and I really think that they are such a great idea. They come in little, portable packages, making it super easy to bring on the go. I love having them already portioned out, too.

I used about half of a package in my morning cereal and plan on using the rest today at lunch. I love my chia seeds!

As a side note…has anyone else noticed the abundance of Chia Pet commercials lately? I’ll tell ya, you can always tell it’s Christmas time when the Chia Pets come back front and center. I say, skip the pet…just gimme my seeds. Winking smile

Time to do the work thang – catch ya later with a new cookie recipe!

Questions for the Morning:

• Ab workouts – love ‘em or hate ‘em?
  • Chia seeds – love ‘em or hate ‘em?
  • More than one cereal at a time – love it or hate it?

Comments

• Courtney says

You know what Jordan, that is such a valid question. Apparently I was too distracted to even read the name of the cereal. I saw the toasted parts and thought it was more like a kashi heart to heart. At least its delicious AND was only $1.99 for the box 😉

chia shots sound awesome! I love chia seeds, what a cool idea!
    I’m so happy that exercise tv is still on for the time being..my friend and I were thinking of writing a letter to exercise tv complaining! Not sure if it would make a difference or not..
    chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Tis the Season

Ab workouts – LOVE ’em! Love that burn!
    Chia seeds – love ’em! I love the extra little crunch they give along with the “good for you” nutrients and healthy fats.
    More than one cereal at a time – I honestly have never tried this! I don’t buy a ton of cereals (other than oatmeal), so I usually only have one or two cereals on hand at a time. I keep wanting to try it out though!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Crazy Circuits

3. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

I recently got a stability ball and am looking for workout that incorporate it so I am totally saving your an circuit for future refrence.
    Christmas is totally chia pet season, it seems like they only show those commercials during Christmas. Do people actually get each other chia pets as gifts? Such a strange gift idea. I agree I’d rather eat em than plant em.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Sushi, Shopping and Studying

4. Holly says

I love ab exercises! I love them On Demand – those are really good. On that subject, I think On Demand is ending Dec 31. So get your fill until then!

I was excited the On Demand channel for Exercise TV is still there, too! I love doing abs workouts, but only if they actually make me sore the next day. I really should get back into pilates. When I combined that with my regular cardio I actually almost saw a 6-pack forming!

I never have time to eat cereal in the mornings. :(
    Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Sunday Turkeyfest

• Courtney says

A couple of great exercises: standing cable row (at the gym) or a ball dumbbell row (my favorite). Use a stability ball and lean forward on it, knees on floor. While balancing, use dumbbells to perform rows. Its a great stabilizing/starting exercise for the back.
      Hope that helps!

6. Helen says

Who really likes doing ab workouts? lol I don’t like it but I do love how I feel after I do them. I feel like I accomplished something. I actually have never tried chia seed nor have I ever mixed cereal. Both look good so I definitely will have to try it!

7. Michelle B. says

Love ab workouts, haven’t tried chia seeds (but want to!) and when it comes to cereal, the more the merrier! Especially when it includes quaker oatmeal squares. I like mixing those with some Kashi toasted berry crisp.

8. Shannon says

I have never done ab workouts, eaten chia seeds or mixed two cereals at the same time. My answers to the questions are…I don’t know.

Trackbacks