Kickin’ Butt

by Courtney on December 12, 2011

Good morning, friends! I hope everyone had an amazing weekend. Here’s what you may have missed while you were out havin’ a blast…

Soooo, ya know, things have started off pretty pretty typical for today. Another Monday…another Monday of kickin’ butt at BodyCombat and then kickin’ some more butt at the grocery store. Just check out those savings!

IMG_0430-1

I actually had to stock up on quite a bit of baking supplies. Today is going to be the BIG cookie baking day with mom. I’m so excited!

*****

By the time I got home, I was more than ready for some breakfast, so I whipped up a quick bowl of creamy buckwheat.

I made a basic buckwheat bowl with raisins and topped it with a generous helping of PB2 and some Pure Bliss Eats granola.

It’s actually been a while since I’ve had a buckwheat bowl, but I really need to start bringing them back into the rotation. They’re so hearty and delicious, especially on a cold, wintery morning like today.

While I was eating, I couldn’t help but notice a little set of eyes peering at me from around the Christmas tree…

Looks like it’s just another Monday for Cody, too. Playing with the ornaments on the tree and talking with the birds outside. Then again, that’s pretty much every day for this little bugger.

Alright folks, I gotta jet. I’m already behind schedule and mom and I have a LOT of cookies to bake today!

Questions for the Morning:

How are YOU gonna kick some butt today? Winking smile (so cheesy, I know…but let’s go with it)

1 Heather December 12, 2011 at 8:44 am

Have a great day baking with Mom, dear! I had a very productive cookie and bread baking weekend and plan to do another cookie or two each day this week! Tis the season! :)
Heather recently posted..Meet Her

2 Lindsey December 12, 2011 at 8:57 am

Just surviving Monday ;) Have fun baking!

3 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie December 12, 2011 at 8:59 am

Cant wait to see all the goodies you bake with your mommy!
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..Weekend

4 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill December 12, 2011 at 9:01 am

I’m finishing painting my new walk-in closet and assembling a few pieces!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Boots with the Fur

5 Khushboo December 12, 2011 at 9:01 am

Have a great day with your mom- can’t wait to see what goodies u both whip up!
Khushboo recently posted..My “wild” weekend

6 Jackie December 12, 2011 at 9:10 am

I’m goning to blast through this work day and then kick my butt with some BodyPump and Zumba!!!!!!

7 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers December 12, 2011 at 9:10 am

Body Combat JINX, I think I’m heading to class after work! TAKE NO PRISONERS THIS MONDAY!! (unless that prisoner is a cookie.)
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Six Pack Sunday: Asheville Eats!

8 marci December 12, 2011 at 9:19 am

I have a stack of papers on my desk at work (of course I am putting aside for the morning blog reading) that i want to get ALL sorted away and dealt with by the end of the day today!! Hopefully i will kick butt in that way.. I would much rather be baking cookies – have fun!

9 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 12, 2011 at 9:30 am

I’ve just gotta get through work so I can go home and tackle a million things on my to do list!

10 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony December 12, 2011 at 9:37 am

After having to leave my first grade class early on Friday due to illness and being out of commission all weekend, I was back at the gym at 5 this morning and back at work today. :) Enjoy baking with your mom!
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..3 G’s

11 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! December 12, 2011 at 9:39 am

I had my cookie baking day yesterday and it was great! Gives me an excuse to day drink (kidding! …kinda) it was fabulous and a blast of course! Love baking marathons :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Baking Time & A More Successful Stir-Fry

12 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 12, 2011 at 9:44 am

Hah! I wish I was receiving some cookies from you; they always look so good! I’ve got a ton of stuff to do at work today, so I’ll be kicking butt getting that taken care of.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Long Run Sundays: Meat Me

13 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 12, 2011 at 10:08 am

wow, that’s awesome you saved so much at the grocery store!! i love that feeling.

have so much fun kickin’ some butt in the kitchen baking with your mom today! ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..This Week’s Dinner Menu

14 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 12, 2011 at 10:25 am

Baking with your mom- ENJOY! :) ….I’m goint to kick but and workout after school since I missed before. oops!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Nope. Not sorry.

15 sarah (sarah learns) December 12, 2011 at 10:33 am

i’m sticking to my to-do list and making crazy progress already this morning! i might even finish up all of my work early! :) that’s definitely kicking butt!
sarah (sarah learns) recently posted..an easy way to stretch your coffee dollars

16 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat It December 12, 2011 at 10:50 am

your day sounds a million times more fun than mine! work is busy busy today… lots of stress :(

gotta do it though! holidays are so soon! :)
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat It recently posted..My New Favorite Workout Top

17 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 12, 2011 at 10:51 am

Sounds like you’re in for an awesome day! My cookie baking is going to have to wait until late next week, when Christmas break starts!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Giveaway: Chocolate & Peanut Butter-Covered Pretzels

18 Maria@La_Piattini December 12, 2011 at 10:58 am

Wow those are great savings. Doesn’t using coupons make you feel so good! haha
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Weight Is A Funny Thing

19 Mary @ Bites and Bliss December 12, 2011 at 11:01 am

Whoa! Those are some serious savings! I HOPE to kick butt by going for a run after 2 months off for an injury. Fingers crossed it goes well..
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..The Easiest, Creamiest Fudge Ever. Ever!

20 Marykate Sinnott December 12, 2011 at 11:11 am

I plan on kicking butt the traditional way…Kickboxing! ;)
Marykate Sinnott recently posted..Good Things Come in…Fours?

21 Molly December 12, 2011 at 11:42 am

I finally tried buckwheat- inspired by you! So delicious… plus, up here in cold Minnesota this beats cereal any day!
Molly recently posted..Blackbird Cafe Review and an Isles Cinnamon Roll

22 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I’m kicking some Finals-butt! Last week of school–so ready for it to be winter break!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Holiday Soiree 2011

23 Rose December 12, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Have fun with all that baking, because it sounds like you are going to be doing loads. Lucky you :) .

By the way, I know this is really random but what is your favourite kind and brand of milk? :P

24 Courtney December 12, 2011 at 9:54 pm

It depends…in my cereal, oatmeal, smoothies, I usually use unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I’m not loyal to any particular brand, but it’s usually Silk). For my coffee or just for drinking (which is rare) I usually use skim milk since that’s what we keep in the house for Jay, too.

25 Brandi December 12, 2011 at 12:29 pm

A baking day sounds like so much fun! :) Have a great time with your mom..:)

26 Shannon December 12, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Getting through a school day.