Homemade Hawaiian Pizza

Hey hey! So I realized today that I still have yet to show you the new red hair-do from Saturday, so here’s a little peek!

Please forgive the dumb half smile and squinty eyes. I may in fact have a set of the most sensitive eyeballs on the planet, and that sun was not being very cooperative. I currently have a mix of four different colors in my hair (my mom uses EQ Shades) and I love the fact that two of the color names are “Cherry Cola” and “Rocket Fire.” So fun, right? Winking smile

*****

After work today, I had to run over to David’s Bridal so I could pick out a dress for a wedding that we have this Saturday (holla, Meg!). I was *this close* to picking one of the dresses that I originally chose, but ended up picking one totally different that I actually didn’t even like on the hanger.

Funny, because the same thing happened with my wedding dress. Apparently I should never, ever judge a dress on the hanger?

Oh, and you’ll get to see the dress after the wedding this weekend. Winking smile

*****

Dinner

So by the time I got home, Jay was already hard at work at dinner.

Now, I need to emphasize the fact that tonight’s dinner was absolutely amazing.

Okay okay, I know. I say this a lot…either I’m just too excited about food or I’m just really good at eating good food. I’ll choose the latter.

But seriously, tonight we had pizza. And it was amazing pizza. Cody even knew that something good was happening.

Tonight, we had homemade Hawaiian Pizza.

Jay used a regular pizza crust and topped it with pizza sauce, crushed pineapple, sliced red onions, pizza blend cheese, and some ham chunks, which came from a ham steak that we happened to have on hand in the freezer.

Part of the reason we think this pizza turned out so awesome is thanks to the cooking method. Jay put our pizza stone in the oven at 450 degrees and let it heat up as the oven was preheating. He prepared the pizza on a cookie sheet, and when the oven was ready, he simply slid the prepared pizza onto the piping hot pizza stone.

It was probably our most successful, un-soggy crust to date!

We immediately dug in and a grabbed two pieces.

Hawaiian pizza is really something that I just don’t think about very often, but whenever I have it, I absolutely adore it.

In an attempt to not go overboard, Jay and I split a third piece and are both attempting to call it a night there…

We’ll see how that goes. Winking smile

Alright, I’m off to go relax for the evening…g’night party peeps!

Comments

Love the hair color and the names :) I get Honey & Brandy Highlights in my hair, I like the names hehe

Did you see that Price Chopper has a Buy 1 get 3 free on their pizza dough this week. I went and got some and it worked out to $0.50/dough. They are delicious and they freeze well.
    Ashlee recently posted..Christmas Card

2. Jordan K. says

Really love your new hair color! It’s been years since I last went red, but seeing your fun new hair has me pondering that color for myself again! :-)

The pizza also looked fantastic! I’ll definitely try the hot stoneware method next time I make pizza!

Great color!!

And I TOTALLY know what you mean about seeing ugly things on the hanger, then trying them anyway, and LOVING them. I do that all the time! However it makes me a little scared that maybe the stuff I DO like on the hanger is actually really ugly on me???
    Can’t wait to see the dress!

2 things – one. i love your hair color! i had to pin it my style section because it’s so fierce! :) two. LOVE hawaiian pizza! this one looked SO yummy!

ps. can’t wait to see the dress!
    Dee recently posted..La di da

Hair looks good! :) I have only recently added color to my hair. I just added a little bit of caramel highlights and I also let my best friend in the entire world do it for me. I told her not to jack my hair up! :) She said I can’t believe your letting me touch your virgin hair!
    I am so gonna try that pizza! I have been into the cauliflower crust, but it doesn’t last as long. (fresh wise)

Later!
    Brandi @ Fitness Faith and Laughter recently posted..It’s A Good Morning!

Your hair looks great! Your story about your wedding dress makes me laugh ~ I thought my wedding dress looked completely stupid on the hanger, but luckily I was at the point in my dress-trying-on that I was just trying anything and everything, and I fell in love!
    Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions recently posted..Words of Worth

7. Tracy says

I love your hair color! I am taking baby steps adding red in my hair. I am using papaya now, but it still looks very blonde. Do you or your mom have any suggestions about adding a bit more red without looking like Bozo?lol

8. Amy says

Your hair looks great. When I wore my hair red I used those 2 colors mixed with Brandy from Shades EQ I love the shine it gives too.

9. Shannon says

I love the new hair color. It looks great on you! Don’t worry about the picture; my school pictures always come out like crap because I can never ever smile.

The pizza looks delicious.

Trackbacks