Homemade Hawaiian Pizza

by Courtney on December 13, 2011

Hey hey! So I realized today that I still have yet to show you the new red hair-do from Saturday, so here’s a little peek!

Please forgive the dumb half smile and squinty eyes. I may in fact have a set of the most sensitive eyeballs on the planet, and that sun was not being very cooperative. I currently have a mix of four different colors in my hair (my mom uses EQ Shades) and I love the fact that two of the color names are “Cherry Cola” and “Rocket Fire.” So fun, right? Winking smile

*****

After work today, I had to run over to David’s Bridal so I could pick out a dress for a wedding that we have this Saturday (holla, Meg!). I was *this close* to picking one of the dresses that I originally chose, but ended up picking one totally different that I actually didn’t even like on the hanger.

Funny, because the same thing happened with my wedding dress. Apparently I should never, ever judge a dress on the hanger?

Oh, and you’ll get to see the dress after the wedding this weekend. Winking smile

*****

Dinner

So by the time I got home, Jay was already hard at work at dinner.

Now, I need to emphasize the fact that tonight’s dinner was absolutely amazing.

Okay okay, I know. I say this a lot…either I’m just too excited about food or I’m just really good at eating good food. I’ll choose the latter.

But seriously, tonight we had pizza. And it was amazing pizza. Cody even knew that something good was happening.

Tonight, we had homemade Hawaiian Pizza.

Jay used a regular pizza crust and topped it with pizza sauce, crushed pineapple, sliced red onions, pizza blend cheese, and some ham chunks, which came from a ham steak that we happened to have on hand in the freezer.

Part of the reason we think this pizza turned out so awesome is thanks to the cooking method. Jay put our pizza stone in the oven at 450 degrees and let it heat up as the oven was preheating. He prepared the pizza on a cookie sheet, and when the oven was ready, he simply slid the prepared pizza onto the piping hot pizza stone.

It was probably our most successful, un-soggy crust to date!

We immediately dug in and a grabbed two pieces.

Hawaiian pizza is really something that I just don’t think about very often, but whenever I have it, I absolutely adore it.

In an attempt to not go overboard, Jay and I split a third piece and are both attempting to call it a night there…

We’ll see how that goes. Winking smile

Alright, I’m off to go relax for the evening…g’night party peeps!

1 Shanna, like Banana December 13, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Totally digging the new color! How fun :)

Anytime I see pizza, I immediately crave it. It’s a pregnancy curse!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Shoes-Day! Grey boot repeat, now and then

2 Molly Carter December 13, 2011 at 8:14 pm

You hair looks awesome! I’m thinking of adding a bit more red to mine.
Molly Carter recently posted..Oh What Fun It Is to Cook!

3 Blog is the New Black December 13, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Um… delicious.

4 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it December 13, 2011 at 8:17 pm

you are so pretty! the hair looks great :)

and that pizza — yum!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..A Nice Slow Morning

5 erica December 13, 2011 at 8:18 pm

i LOVE the new hair color! :)
erica recently posted..the holidays…bring it on!

6 Julie @Savvy Eats December 13, 2011 at 8:20 pm

LOVE the hair!

7 Kelly December 13, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Your hair looks so good!!! And I love love love your scarf, where did you get it?

8 Courtney December 13, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Thanks! Express, last year :)

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 13, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Love the hair!

I think I’ve only had Hawaiian pizza once or twice. Trying to make it at home sounds like a good idea!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Holiday Gift Guide: Gifts for Girly Girls

10 Kelsey December 13, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Love the hair color! When I had red hair, I love it, but I hated how fast it faded.
Kelsey recently posted..B-Sides: I’m Kind of a Mac

11 Courtney December 13, 2011 at 8:46 pm

That is one downfall to red hair…its the fastest shade to fade!

12 Ashlee December 13, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Love the hair color and the names :) I get Honey & Brandy Highlights in my hair, I like the names hehe

Did you see that Price Chopper has a Buy 1 get 3 free on their pizza dough this week. I went and got some and it worked out to $0.50/dough. They are delicious and they freeze well.
Ashlee recently posted..Christmas Card

13 Courtney December 13, 2011 at 8:45 pm

That is in fact dough #1 of the 4 that I got from Price Chopper yesterday. Talk about an awesome deal, right??

14 Ashlee December 14, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Yea we did not even need dough, but man B1G3 that is pretty good. Their dough is really good too.
Ashlee recently posted..Christmas Card

15 Stephanie @ On the Road to RD December 13, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Love the new ‘do! Not many people can pull off that color, but your rockin’ it!
Stephanie @ On the Road to RD recently posted..Q&A: Juice for Fruits and Vegetables

16 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 13, 2011 at 8:45 pm

love your hair color! you rock the reds well!

that pizza sure does look amazing. i’m like you, i never really think of hawaiian pizza, but when i do have it, i LOVE it.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Turkey Noodle Soup

17 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life December 13, 2011 at 8:54 pm

That pizza looks amazing! I actually had a similar-looking pizza in Jamaica and loved it.

Good luck on keeping it tto 2.5 slices!
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..A Christmas Play

18 Rachael December 13, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Your hair looks great and I will have to take your word on the pizza (I don’t eat meat). And I can’t help buy notice the snow in the background – I am extremely jealous!
Rachael recently posted..Testy Tuesday …

19 Kim Bee December 13, 2011 at 9:04 pm

This looks really amazing. I love my pizza stone. I just bought a pizza peel for myself as an early present so I can make my life easier. Epicurean makes one that is the bomb. And not overly expensive. Hawaiian is my fave. Sometimes we like to add green pepper to it too. Weird I know. Lol!
Kim Bee recently posted..Apple, Orange and Fennel Salad: Guest Post by Eat Yourself Skinny

20 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill December 13, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I like the change in hair color! I love Hawaiian pizza, but I never think to make (or order) it! Have a good night! :)
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..A Carrie Bradshaw-Approved Closet

21 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 13, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Cute hair! (I have photophobic eyes- they cannot handle light at all!) I feel your pain!
You two rocked the pizza tonight and congrats on the crust success!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Gingerbread Protein Dough

22 *CaNdY* December 13, 2011 at 9:12 pm

You look absolutely stunning! WoW!

Pizza looks great too! ;)

23 Lindsay @ biking before bed December 13, 2011 at 9:23 pm

You are a gorgeous red head! I love how the sun reflects the color. Gotta love a man in oven mitts:) Especially when he makes you Hawaiian pizza.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Holiday Nutty Buddy Bars

24 Jordan K. December 13, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Really love your new hair color! It’s been years since I last went red, but seeing your fun new hair has me pondering that color for myself again! :-)

The pizza also looked fantastic! I’ll definitely try the hot stoneware method next time I make pizza!

25 Carrie December 13, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Great color!!

And I TOTALLY know what you mean about seeing ugly things on the hanger, then trying them anyway, and LOVING them. I do that all the time! However it makes me a little scared that maybe the stuff I DO like on the hanger is actually really ugly on me???
Can’t wait to see the dress!

26 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 13, 2011 at 9:58 pm

That Hawaiian pizza looks yummy! My fiance and I attempted to make homemade pizza last week, but we made the crust too thick and even after cooking it for what seemed like forever, it was still kind of doughy :/. We need practice, I guess, haha.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Christmas Angels in Indiana

27 Stephanie @ StephSnacks December 13, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Loving the hair! And the pizza looks delish :D
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..Talk Fashion To Me

28 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 13, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Not sure how much I would like Hawaiian pizza. Something about ham and tomato sauce weirds me out.

On a different note, love the hair!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Holiday Soiree 2011

29 Diana December 13, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Your hair looks lovely – such a unique shade!
Diana recently posted..Thanksgiving: You Just Can’t Escape It

30 Mac December 13, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Pizza looks awesome and so does your hair!
Mac recently posted..A Caroling We Will Go

31 Courtney December 13, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I looove your new hair color! It’s such a perfect winter shade!
Courtney recently posted..Out of the hole

32 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 14, 2011 at 12:07 am

I personally love Hawaiian pizza, but some people get so grossed out by pineapples in food. I will never understand.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Ugly Sweater, Where Art Thou?

33 Khushboo December 14, 2011 at 12:20 am

Love your hair- really suits you! Hawaiian pizza never crosses my mind either but this has spurred a craving…and this is coming from someone who isn’t normally a ham fan!
Khushboo recently posted..How to enjoy exercise…or at least not hate it!

34 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 14, 2011 at 3:13 am

Eeeeee pineapples! Fan, right hurr.

Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Five Steps to Stay Fitfluential During the Holidays!

35 Hope December 14, 2011 at 8:11 am

I love your red hair! It suits you beautifully! :)

That pizza looks delicious minus the ham. I don’t eat ham. We registered for a pizza stone so after hearing how great it worked with your pizza, I cannot wait to try it! :)
Hope recently posted..Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken…

36 Kristabel@RaceReady December 14, 2011 at 8:41 am

Nice job on the pizza. And I am impressed if you got away with just 2.5 slices, I know I could not have stopped there. :-)

37 Tina December 14, 2011 at 8:42 am

I love your hair color! I love your hairstyle also,

Do you have any layers? I’m trying to grow my hair out but debating on chopping it. You make me want to keep mine long but also trying to grow out these layers is a pain!
Tina recently posted..Pushing through and a recipe

38 Courtney December 14, 2011 at 8:46 am

Thanks! I have some long layers, and it’s also slightly angled in the front :)

39 Dee December 14, 2011 at 8:55 am

2 things – one. i love your hair color! i had to pin it my style section because it’s so fierce! :) two. LOVE hawaiian pizza! this one looked SO yummy!

ps. can’t wait to see the dress!
Dee recently posted..La di da

40 christina December 14, 2011 at 9:42 am

Your hair looks SO GOOD!
christina recently posted..What I’m Loving Wednesday

41 Freya December 14, 2011 at 9:55 am

hehe, I hoep you don’t mind, but I just pinned that pic of your hair – I ADORE that colour!

42 Courtney December 14, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Haha, not at all! Thanks, Freya! ;)

43 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! December 14, 2011 at 9:59 am

LOVE your hair, and gosh that pizza looks GOOD. hawaiin is my favorite!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Swimming Deer and A Day Of Good Eats

44 Stellina December 14, 2011 at 11:07 am

Love the hair!! You can totally pull off any color, looks great :)

45 Brandi @ Fitness Faith and Laughter December 14, 2011 at 11:40 am

Hair looks good! :) I have only recently added color to my hair. I just added a little bit of caramel highlights and I also let my best friend in the entire world do it for me. I told her not to jack my hair up! :) She said I can’t believe your letting me touch your virgin hair!
I am so gonna try that pizza! I have been into the cauliflower crust, but it doesn’t last as long. (fresh wise)

Later!
Brandi @ Fitness Faith and Laughter recently posted..It’s A Good Morning!

46 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 14, 2011 at 12:06 pm

omygosh! why have you not done this sooner? loove the new color.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Nutrition Plan Update

47 Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions December 14, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Your hair looks great! Your story about your wedding dress makes me laugh ~ I thought my wedding dress looked completely stupid on the hanger, but luckily I was at the point in my dress-trying-on that I was just trying anything and everything, and I fell in love!
Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions recently posted..Words of Worth

48 Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts December 14, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Oh, yum. I think I know what I want for dinner tonight …

LOVE your hair color! I am getting mine done tomorrow, so you’ve given me some ideas… :)
Kerry @ Half Healthy, Half Nuts recently posted..Me and My Heart Rate

49 Tracy December 14, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I love your hair color! I am taking baby steps adding red in my hair. I am using papaya now, but it still looks very blonde. Do you or your mom have any suggestions about adding a bit more red without looking like Bozo?lol

50 Amy December 14, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Your hair looks great. When I wore my hair red I used those 2 colors mixed with Brandy from Shades EQ I love the shine it gives too.

51 Shannon December 14, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I love the new hair color. It looks great on you! Don’t worry about the picture; my school pictures always come out like crap because I can never ever smile.

The pizza looks delicious.

52 Crystal C December 15, 2011 at 10:02 am

LOVe you’re hair color!!!! It looks so good!!!!!!!!!

53 Angie @ hair.by.angie June 7, 2012 at 3:08 pm

i know this is an old post, but OMG your hair LOOKS SO GOOD!!! I just had to comment :)