A Very Important Shout Out

by Courtney on December 14, 2011

Before I get into anything about my morning, I have a very important shout out to give, for a very important person.

SOMEbody is getting old today, turning the ripe old age of 24…

Last year, I got all sorts of sappy on him, so this year I think I’ll just keep it simple. He’s a pretty darn fantastic “little” bro.

DSC00408

He always knows how to make me laugh, and I love him to pieces.

DSCN0238

Happy Birthday, Dan! Smile

(FYI: The picture above was from a a couple of years ago when we were on vacation in Myrtle Beach and out to dinner at Dirty Dick’s. If you’ve ever been there, then you know why I had to blur out what is actually written on his hat. Highly inappropriate…but hilarious, indeed!).

*****

Workout

Holy crap. Remember that circuit workout from yesterday? Good lord am I sore today. Especially the bee-hind, thanks to all those squats. I really need to go out and invest in a foam roller…

I laid off the weights today and kept to some cardio, in the form of the running version of my Pyramid Treadmill Run. It’s always a doozy, but I love it.

Breakfast

I was feelin’ the oats today, folks.

In today’s mix:

• 1/3 cup Coach’s Oats (<—so delicious!)
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla SunWarrior protein powder
  • 1/2 thinly sliced banana, whipped in at the end
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • cinnamon & nutmeg

I topped my oats today with a freshly opened bag of Love Grown Foods Raisin Almond Crunch granola and a spoonful of my new favorite jelly.

I actually don’t usually like the addition of protein powder in my oats, but today it turned out really well. Hopefully it’ll help tide me over for a while.

Unfortunately, I have to leave for work in about 10 minutes and I have nothing ready to bring with me to eat. Gosh darn it…gotta jet!

Question for the Morning:

Got any very important shout outs of your own today? Feel free to share!

1 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it December 14, 2011 at 9:20 am

aw, Happy Birthday to you brother! My dad is turning the big 6-0 on Sunday… I have to get some stuff together to mail him today! (He lives in FL, I live in CT)
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..A Nice Slow Morning

2 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 10:15 am

Thank You!!!!

3 Hope December 14, 2011 at 9:21 am

Happy Birthday to your brother!! :) Those oats look really delicious today. I need to bring oatmeal back into my life. Maybe tomorrow morning.
Hope recently posted..Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken…

4 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 10:16 am

5 Khushboo December 14, 2011 at 9:22 am

Happy birthday to your bro! The gutter portion of my mind is curious about what is written on the hat!
Khushboo recently posted..How to enjoy exercise…or at least not hate it!

6 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 10:18 am

WOO HOO THANK YOU!!! I honestly dont remember what was written on my hat, something about sheep i know that lolol

7 Shannon from Healthiful Balance December 14, 2011 at 9:26 am

Happy birthday to your brother!
Your breakfast looks delish :D
Shannon from Healthiful Balance recently posted..Snack Bars To The Rescue

8 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 10:23 am

Thank you!!!

9 Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files December 14, 2011 at 9:43 am

happy 34th to your brother!
You’re breakfast looks delicious this morning!
Chelcie @ Chelcie’s Food Files recently posted..WIAW-food on the go

10 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 10:00 am

woah woah woah, slow down now, 24!!! i cant be wishing 10 years of my life away, but thank you!!!!!

11 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 10:01 am

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOUUUUUU
CHECK OUT THE SIZE OF THOSE THUMBS!!!!!!

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 14, 2011 at 10:04 am

Happy Birthday Dan! :) His comment up there^^ makes me giggle. HA!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Gingerbread Protein Dough

13 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 10:24 am

Thank You!!! 49ers aint no good!!! GO JETS

14 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 14, 2011 at 11:15 am

You’re welcome! :) Enjoy the day.
Oooo, ouch! I’m goint to let that slide since I am a Jets fan as well. I can’t bash on them…. I have a pecking order- 49ers are on top though. For your birthday I’ll say it “J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!”
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Gingerbread Protein Dough

15 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 11:35 am

ok ok ok, i can deal with that, and i dont hate the niners at all!!! i just noticed you were wearing a 49ers shirt in your picture and apparently you cant post the same comment twice on here…so i needed to change it up lolol

16 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 14, 2011 at 10:07 am

Happy bday to your brother! I just looked at the date and realized it’s exactly 4 months until my 30th bday. O-M-G.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..A taste of the tropics

17 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 10:26 am

18 Tina @ Best Body Fitness December 14, 2011 at 10:16 am

Happy bday to the little bro. Peter turns 30 tomorrow. I’m going to rag him ALL day! :)
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Make Weight Lifting Interesting

19 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 10:27 am

Thank you!! :-D

20 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine December 14, 2011 at 10:23 am

I would like to do a shout out to chia seeds… Those things are AMAZING
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Bars

21 Liz @ Tip Top Shape December 14, 2011 at 10:25 am

Aaww, happy birthday to your brother :D
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Holiday Soiree 2011

22 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 10:29 am

Best day of the year!!! Thank you!!!

23 Courtney December 14, 2011 at 10:46 am

Happy Birthday to your bro!!

We have a place like that here in Boston called Dick’s Last Resort… hilarious! My husbands hat said he liked to do naughty things while watching the Golden Girls, while mine said something along the lines of being a $5 hooker LOL!!

24 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 10:53 am

Hey! Thanks!!!

25 Ruthie Hart December 14, 2011 at 11:04 am

happy birthday dan!! And Dicks is hysterical….I kind of hated it but it was funny!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Spicy Tuscan Soup

26 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 11:26 am

thanks! :)

27 Catherine December 14, 2011 at 11:22 am

Heyy! So i (being the creepy person i am) noticed your yankee candle in the background of your picture, im actually heading to bed bath and beyond today and can’t wait to pick out some new christmas-y scents

just wondering which are your favs for the holidays?? i know you stocked up when ya went to the yankee candle outlet so i figured you’d be the best person to ask!

oh and happy birthday to your brotato chip!! i have a brother the same age, arent they just sooooo much fun?????? (haha just playing)

28 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 11:25 am

Brotato Chip, haha awesome, and they are fun!!!!!! thank you!

29 Laura @ Backstage Pass December 14, 2011 at 11:52 am

Happy Birthday to your little bro!
My shout-out today goes to my sister – I can’t wait to see her in just 7 days! She lives halfway across the country and it will be wonderful to visit with her over Christmas weekend :-)
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..BodyPump puns + That song in the VS Holiday 2011 commercial

30 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 1:30 pm

oh thaaaaank you!!!

31 April December 14, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Happy Birthday Dan!

32 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Thanks April!!!!!!

33 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 14, 2011 at 12:05 pm

ahaahah. thank you for the inclusion of the dick’s hat. I’ve been there many times and walked out with some real winner “dickheads.”

happy birthday to the brother! he’s only a month my elder.. whatcha think, Court? wanna be sisters? ;)
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Nutrition Plan Update

34 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 2:00 pm

oh man, this is an interesting one… what do you think Coop?? but thanks for the birthday wishes youngster!!

35 Courtney December 14, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I like it :)

36 Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 14, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Happy birthday to your bro!

I love a sweaty treadmill workout in the a.m.–feels OH soooo good!
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Speedy Sweaty Treadmill Interval Workout (#2)

37 TheBloggersBrother December 14, 2011 at 2:10 pm

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

38 Nicole December 14, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Maybe Santa will have a foam roller under the tree for you this year.

;)

39 Allison December 14, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Courtney, I LOVE your hair short!!

40 erica December 14, 2011 at 5:55 pm

happy birthday to your brother! hope its the best one yet!

41 Camilla December 14, 2011 at 6:50 pm

happy (belated) birthday to Dan! hope it was fab :)

42 Camilla December 14, 2011 at 6:51 pm

happy birthday to Dan! hope it was fab :)

43 April miller-rose December 14, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Happy Birthday Dan!!! :) I hope it was extra special!!

P.s love your hair colour!!!

44 Shannon December 15, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Happy birthday to your brother! :)