Birthday Shenanigans

by Courtney on December 15, 2011

Last night after I got off of work, I got to spend a little bit of time with the birthday boy!

I got word that Jay, my brother, and my dad were all down at Wolff’s Biergarten in Albany to celebrate, and since my mom and I got out of work at a decent hour, we were excited to quickly head down and join them. It was a family affair, indeed. Smile

By the time my mom and I had gotten there, Dan had already finished his “Das Boot,” which is quite a victory for most. (If you want to see what this thing is all about, you can check out when our friend Kate celebrated with one last year).

Needless to say, the shenanigans were already well under way upon our arrival.

I was pretty wiped from work, so I hung around long enough to enjoy a beer, have a few laughs, and then headed back home. Even though I was pooped, it was still great to be able to spend some time with little Daniel and the fam. Winking smile

*****

Workout

In true Thursday fashion, I woke up bright and early and headed out to the gym for my weekly BodyPump class. You know what though guys? I really just wasn’t feelin’ it today!

We’re currently doing the new release, Release 80, which I was pretty excited for after reading about it. Unfortunately, the music just isn’t my favorite and I was almost sort of bored in today’s class. I actually found myself thinking about how I would have rather done another round of Tuesday’s circuit workout instead. I think maybe it’s time for a change?

Breakfast

Luckily, no changes are needed in the breakfast department just yet…

Today was an egg, provolone, and jam English muffin sandwich kinda day and boy was it delicious.

Today’s coffee was extra tasty today too. Not sure why, but I’ll go with it!

It’s quite a windy one out there today, so hopefully I don’t get blown away on my way into work. Winking smile

Questions for the Morning:

When’s the last time you needed to “switch things up?” Either in your workout, meals, or just day-to-day life?

1 Faith @ For the Health of It December 15, 2011 at 9:15 am

I switched up my workouts last night by running outside with a couple coworkers instead of inside, alone on the treadmill. So much fun!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Some foods just don’t need to be healthy.

2 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 15, 2011 at 9:22 am

i would say i’m a pretty “routined” person, so i’m not one to switch things up a ton, but i do every once in awhile. i think it’s good for us mentally and physically to switch things up sometimes! i just switched up my weights routine this past week. instead of doing 3 days of full body workouts, i’m splitting into an upper body day, a lower body day, and a full body or power yoga day. i’m loving it so far! my lower body is screaming at me right now. ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Santa Visited Our House A Little Early!

3 Jackie December 15, 2011 at 9:32 am

I need to switch things up NOW! because I haven’t been to the gym in weeks. Arrrg!

4 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 15, 2011 at 9:34 am

I feel that way about my workouts right now actually. After spending 3 months focusing on nothing but running, I’m struggling to feel “into it” now. I’ve done no more than 3 miles at a time now because it just seems too boring. I think I need to switch things up!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Coconut cashew crusted salmon

5 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat It December 15, 2011 at 9:34 am

i’m going to switch things up today and stop being a treadmill rat! planning on some 30 day shred and elliptical.

glad you had a good time with your fam! :)
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat It recently posted..Brown Sugar White Chocolate Toffee Cookies

6 Hope December 15, 2011 at 9:37 am

Sounds like a fun birthday celebration! I love your hair! It looks so pretty! :)

I usually stick to a routine. I’ll sometimes switch things up every once in a while.
Hope recently posted..Simply Dressed…

7 Khushboo December 15, 2011 at 9:53 am

Firstly you’re mom is styling with that leather jacket :)! Secondly you’re new hair color really suits you! This week has seen switching up of all kinds! I have ALWAYS been a sweet for breakfast girl but this week has seen both runny eggs and avocado for breakfast…and I like it! I’ve also switched up my workout routine and brought back the swimming…I’m enjoying the change of pace!
Khushboo recently posted..No whey!

8 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles December 15, 2011 at 10:10 am

I need to switch some things up for sure- I’m such a creature of habit! I always in a rut it seems- Hey, it’s comfortable that way. :)
Last night looks like a boat load of fun! Family affairs are always the perfect way to celebrate!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Gingerbread Protein Dough

9 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! December 15, 2011 at 10:30 am

I switched stuff up with my eating about a month ago, I just needed a change, I get in food ruts a lot.
PS, I am loving your hair that color!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Dinner Smorgasbord & Details About My Training

10 Brandi @ Fitness Faith and Laughter December 15, 2011 at 10:46 am

Aww I love family outings….especially when it involves birthdays. Your mom is so pretty!
I am obsessive compulsive so change and I are not close friends at all. In fact I beat it up every now and again. :) I do hate getting bored with workouts though. Right now I am diggin The Firm, but at the first of the year I will hit the pavement and do some running.

Have a great day!
Brandi @ Fitness Faith and Laughter recently posted..The Importance of Talking

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss December 15, 2011 at 11:03 am

I always need to change it up.. seriously. I get in a rut because I find something I love, and I do it over and over and over again.

I’ll probably throw myself into a new exercise class and embarrass myself into liking it. that’s generally my go-to for switchin’ things up.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Skinny Holiday Cocktails

12 Julie December 15, 2011 at 11:13 am

you and your brother are adorable! the last time i needed to switch something up is….right now. this semester (senior in college) seriously kicked my booty and left me with little free time: aka i hardly ever worked out and can’t ever remember not being tired. next semester i plan on training for a 1/2, getting sleep and eating better! :)

13 Stellina December 15, 2011 at 11:39 am

I get bored so quick with everything, but I also like to be routines. Its a constant struggle haha!
Stellina recently posted..25 Holiday Questions

14 Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony December 15, 2011 at 11:54 am

With workouts I usually switch up my routines every couple of weeks, but with food it’s whatever I’m craving at the time! :)
Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony recently posted..12 Days of Christmas

15 Shannon December 15, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I always have to switch up my routine with an after school snack. The majority of the time, I just pick up a cookie or a brownie and stuff my face with them.

Yesterday, I had leftover spaghetti with meatballs from the fridge and it was much better than having a cookie.

16 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 15, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I’m being forced to switch things up now because my gym is no longer opening at 4:30 in the morning which means I have to switch to being an afternoon worker outer. Boo.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..bah humbug

17 Sam December 15, 2011 at 12:36 pm

i’m totally with you on the newest body pump release. i’m actually just enjoying my own little circuits a lot more than the classes and i used to swear by them! change is good, though :)

found you through fitfluential :)

18 Olivia @unleashingmymind December 15, 2011 at 5:36 pm

I need to switch up my breakfast. I have been having oats every single day for who knows how long :p
Olivia @unleashingmymind recently posted..Christmas Miracle

19 Chels R. December 16, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Pretty hair color!

I get like that too and I find that I have to change my workout routine quite often because I do get bored. I wish I could find a solid strength training routine and stick to it. I love Bodypump but I tend to get bored w/ it sometimes too. I try to at least have a base of running/spinning and lift weights 2-3 times a week.
Chels R. recently posted..Holiday Style Survey.