Birthday Shenanigans

Last night after I got off of work, I got to spend a little bit of time with the birthday boy!

I got word that Jay, my brother, and my dad were all down at Wolff’s Biergarten in Albany to celebrate, and since my mom and I got out of work at a decent hour, we were excited to quickly head down and join them. It was a family affair, indeed. Smile

By the time my mom and I had gotten there, Dan had already finished his “Das Boot,” which is quite a victory for most. (If you want to see what this thing is all about, you can check out when our friend Kate celebrated with one last year).

Needless to say, the shenanigans were already well under way upon our arrival.

I was pretty wiped from work, so I hung around long enough to enjoy a beer, have a few laughs, and then headed back home. Even though I was pooped, it was still great to be able to spend some time with little Daniel and the fam. Winking smile

*****

Workout

In true Thursday fashion, I woke up bright and early and headed out to the gym for my weekly BodyPump class. You know what though guys? I really just wasn’t feelin’ it today!

We’re currently doing the new release, Release 80, which I was pretty excited for after reading about it. Unfortunately, the music just isn’t my favorite and I was almost sort of bored in today’s class. I actually found myself thinking about how I would have rather done another round of Tuesday’s circuit workout instead. I think maybe it’s time for a change?

Breakfast

Luckily, no changes are needed in the breakfast department just yet…

Today was an egg, provolone, and jam English muffin sandwich kinda day and boy was it delicious.

Today’s coffee was extra tasty today too. Not sure why, but I’ll go with it!

It’s quite a windy one out there today, so hopefully I don’t get blown away on my way into work. Winking smile

Questions for the Morning:

When’s the last time you needed to “switch things up?” Either in your workout, meals, or just day-to-day life?

Comments

i would say i’m a pretty “routined” person, so i’m not one to switch things up a ton, but i do every once in awhile. i think it’s good for us mentally and physically to switch things up sometimes! i just switched up my weights routine this past week. instead of doing 3 days of full body workouts, i’m splitting into an upper body day, a lower body day, and a full body or power yoga day. i’m loving it so far! my lower body is screaming at me right now. ;)
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Santa Visited Our House A Little Early!

Firstly you’re mom is styling with that leather jacket :)! Secondly you’re new hair color really suits you! This week has seen switching up of all kinds! I have ALWAYS been a sweet for breakfast girl but this week has seen both runny eggs and avocado for breakfast…and I like it! I’ve also switched up my workout routine and brought back the swimming…I’m enjoying the change of pace!
    Khushboo recently posted..No whey!

Aww I love family outings….especially when it involves birthdays. Your mom is so pretty!
    I am obsessive compulsive so change and I are not close friends at all. In fact I beat it up every now and again. :) I do hate getting bored with workouts though. Right now I am diggin The Firm, but at the first of the year I will hit the pavement and do some running.

Have a great day!
    Brandi @ Fitness Faith and Laughter recently posted..The Importance of Talking

I always need to change it up.. seriously. I get in a rut because I find something I love, and I do it over and over and over again.

I’ll probably throw myself into a new exercise class and embarrass myself into liking it. that’s generally my go-to for switchin’ things up.
    Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Skinny Holiday Cocktails

5. Julie says

you and your brother are adorable! the last time i needed to switch something up is….right now. this semester (senior in college) seriously kicked my booty and left me with little free time: aka i hardly ever worked out and can’t ever remember not being tired. next semester i plan on training for a 1/2, getting sleep and eating better! :)

6. Shannon says

I always have to switch up my routine with an after school snack. The majority of the time, I just pick up a cookie or a brownie and stuff my face with them.

Yesterday, I had leftover spaghetti with meatballs from the fridge and it was much better than having a cookie.

i’m totally with you on the newest body pump release. i’m actually just enjoying my own little circuits a lot more than the classes and i used to swear by them! change is good, though :)

found you through fitfluential :)

Pretty hair color!

I get like that too and I find that I have to change my workout routine quite often because I do get bored. I wish I could find a solid strength training routine and stick to it. I love Bodypump but I tend to get bored w/ it sometimes too. I try to at least have a base of running/spinning and lift weights 2-3 times a week.
    Chels R. recently posted..Holiday Style Survey.