Nowhere Near Being Done

Gosh, today’s lunch was awesome.

Sometimes, a big veggie-packed salad just does it for me, and today was definitely one of those days.

In the mix:

• mixed greens
  • cucumbers
  • grape tomatoes
  • red onion
  • broccoli
  • corn
  • dried cranberries
  • shredded carrot
  • 2 slices chopped deli ham
  • 1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
  • Tomato-basil vinaigrette dressing
I realized as I was packing my lunch up this morning that all of our mini containers that I usually use for salad dressing were in the dishwasher, so I did the next best thing…put the dressing at the bottom of the salad!
This way, the salad doesn’t get soggy and you have one less dish to wash. And I need to do this more often.

I packed up a few other snacks to bring with me this afternoon, including the rest of the carrot that I shredded into the salad, a pear, and a 100-calorie bag of kettle corn.

You know I love me some kettle corn. :)

And, ummm, pears right now? They are SO good!

I didn’t up packing anything for myself for dinner today, because I was too lazy this morning, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I get out at a decent hour again so I can just eat at home.

****

Quick Update: I finally got my Workouts Page organized today! Now you should be able to navigate through the different workouts a little easier, but I’m still working on going through some older posts to make sure I’ve found them all (there was actually a few that I had forgotten about!).

On another note, I had somewhat of a mini panic-attack this morning when I realized that I technically only have 9 more shopping days until Christmas and I really am nowhere near being done. Nowhere.

Every year I say that I’m going to be in top of it, and every year I inevitably wait until the last week or so. Worst part is…I’m not even positive on everything I need to buy. GAH!

Question for the Afternoon:

When do you usually do most of your holiday shopping? Are you finished yet?

Comments

i’m loving the looks of your salad! and your salad dressing idea is brilliant! i can’t believe i’ve never tried that before, but now i definitely plan on it. i’m all about not dirtying more dishes!

we usually do our Christmas shopping toward the beginning to middle of December. i just don’t think about it much before then, and i don’t like doing it TOO late otherwise i get stressed and overwhelmed. plus i hate the crowds right before Christmas!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Santa Visited Our House A Little Early!

I JUST finished my Christmas shopping! I’m sure you will be fine, just take a day off and finish in one day, that’s what I did! Great idea for the salad, I’m going to have to try that. When you mix it up do you find that all dressing gets somewhat easily dispersed? Or does it tend to stay near the bottom?
    Stellina recently posted..25 Holiday Questions

I usually have all my shopping done pretty early because I like to buy stuff over the summer and fall as I see it and think of people rather than buy a present at Christmas time because “I need to” – this year however, I am incredibly far behind. Moving really messed me up.
    Oh well, everytime I go shopping for presents it seems to justify treating myself to an eggnog latte :)
    Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Shrimp Bisque with Festive Biscuits

Great idea for the salad! I definitely should start doing that. As far as Christmas shopping goes, I did a lot of my shopping online while taking advantage of my Amazon Prime account. It really helped! I only have two more things to buy, and I think I have time to take care of them on Monday night!
    Brigitt recently posted..My Morning Coffee

That salad looks yummy! Putting dressing at the bottom is a great idea! I always bring a separate container with me. I’ll try that next time! :)

I haven’t done any shopping yet! I need to get on that this weekend!
    Hope recently posted..Simply Dressed…

6. dee says

This year, I thought I was on top of things! I had bought one gift before thanksgiving even came around! Then I knocked out a few more in early december and chucked then under the tree :) i still have a handful of gifts to buy and I just can’t seem to find them in the stores! Either I’m looking in the wrong places, or I need to give in and find it online..and there are only 9 shopping days left?! This year seems to be flying by! My gosh, thanksgiving was here and gone before I could even take it all in! Phew, thanks for that 9 days left reminder! I gotta get on it!

7. Whitney says

I’m done with my holiday shopping except for my husband! I did most of mine online so it was super easy. Hubs is making it difficult because he claims he doesn’t want anything! grrr! haha :)

8. Darcy says

I usually do most of my Christmas shopping November-ish and I just finished up today when I had some time to shop by myself. I just have some wrapping to finish up with…………
    WEll, good luck with your shopping and have a very Merry Christmas!

9. Shannon says

My mom usually shops when she finds a great deal on something that one of our family members or friends would like. Our family is all finished with Christmas shopping. YAY!

I’m pretty much done … and I did a lot of shopping online this year. Amazon.com was my best friend. ;) The only people left are my father-in-law and brother-in-law. My husband is supposed to be responsible for handling their gifts, but I’m guessing he may end up needing a little assistance. ;)
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..M&M Cookies Rock.

I’m so proud of myself ~ this year for the first time EVER I’ve already been 100% done with all shopping and wrapping since yesterday! Usually I’m still scrambling and wrapping on the 23rd… This is so much better! My goal for next year is to be done by Thanksgiving… We’ll see ;)
    Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions recently posted..Words of Worth