Raspberry Almond Gems

Raspberry Almond Gems – a family favorite! (see recipe below)

I’ve had quite a few requests for these little goodies ever since I first posted about them a week ago.

Lucky for you, I copied down the recipe from my mom when I was over there this weekend, so you don’t have to wait any longer.

These have LONG been a favorite in my family, so hopefully they’ll turn out to be just as popular for you and your family. Smile

*****

Raspberry Almond Gems

Prep Time: 10 minutes + 2 hours chill time + ~20 minutes dough rolling

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

• 2-1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 egg yolks, beaten
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
  • 1 cup seedless red raspberry preserves
  • Confectioners’ sugar

Directions:

Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Add beaten egg yolks and almond extract to flour/butter mixture. Blend until fully incorporated. Form dough into a ball, flatten into a disc, then wrap in wax paper. Chill for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll dough out on a floured surface, into about 1/4-inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter of your choice to form cookies. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes until just barely golden. Remove from cookie sheet to a cooling rack; cool completely.

Stir 1 cup of red raspberry preserves (this makes it easier to spread) in a small bowl. Place 1-2 teaspoons of preserves on one cooled cookie and sandwich with another. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. ENJOY!

Comments

1. dee says

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :) my little cousins will be coming over thursday for some really last minute baking and i know they’ll love making these! These cookies will look so pretty when gift boxed!! I’m so excited! :)

Hi Courtney! These look delicious. I’ve been kind of in a baking slump this year, between a busy schedule and work obligations, but I can’t WAIT to try this recipe! It definitely motivated me to try it out this year :)

Allison

3. JN says

Hey Courtney – I was wondering what kickboxing workout you did yesterday (if it’s a DVD)? I’ve been trying to find a good one. Figured I’d post the question here since yesterday’s post is full of contest entries and would have gotten lost, I’m sure. Thanks! :)

• Courtney says

Haha, good thinking! I did the 10lb Slimdown Xtreme kickboxing video. Unfortunately, it’s not currently available since Exercise TV is no longer, but I did hear that it’s going to be on QVC sometime in January!

• JN says

Ok, I really like that one! I was bummed that I missed my opportunity to get it from Exercise TV, so I e-mailed Chris Freytag and she told me about QVC in January too. Guess I’ll have to be patient and wait! :)

4. Nicole says

These look great, thanks for sharing the recipe! They remind me a lot of Linzer Tarts, which I absolutely love! How would you say that they compare?