Snickerdoodles Cookie Recipe

by Courtney on December 23, 2011

I don’t know about you, but I’ve got a lot to do this evening. I still have to wrap every single gift that I’ve bought, as well as make a chocolate pie and a batch of these Dark Chocolate Turtle Graham Bars. Haha, yeah…and to think that I thought I was done baking!

So while I’m baking and wrapping away with my glass of wine in my Christmas wine glass, and my Christmas tunes blaring in the background, I’m going to share one last Christmas cookie recipe with you all this evening.

I’ve had numerous requests for my Snickerdoodles recipe, ever since I first posted about them on Sunday. Since I’m giving you this last minute, you don’t get any fancy photos (not that they are anyways) this time – just a picture of them on the tray.

This is a recipe that my mom and I have been using for years – probably for as long as we’ve been baking together. I’ve definitely had my fair share of Snickerdoodles, but this recipe just always turns out great.

IMG_0962-1

Even after having them frozen for a week and letting them thaw, they’re still as soft as ever. And I would know…I had three so far today. Winking smile

*****

1 Kristin December 23, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Guess today is just as snickerdoodle day! I baked some this morning :)

2 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it December 23, 2011 at 6:22 pm

i love snickerdoodles! thanks for sharing, cant wait to try em!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..Be Kind… to Yourself

3 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 23, 2011 at 6:44 pm

I’m honestly not sure I’ve ever had a snickerdoodle! Isn’t that pathetic? haha
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Nutcracker cookies & lessons in falafel

4 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign December 23, 2011 at 7:34 pm

What does cream of tartar do in a recipe?

5 Courtney December 24, 2011 at 10:35 am

You know Laura, I’m not really sure. All I do know is that I tried making this recipe without it once and it made a HUGE difference…in a bad way! haha :)

6 Mary @ Bites and Bliss December 23, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I love snickerdoodle cookies. My first batch made was last year and I feel in love..then I found a gluten-free version! Good to know I don’t have to give them up. :)
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Snow Day on a Snowy Day

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 23, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Ah I feel your pain with the wrapping thing… I didn’t really start mine until yesterday & spent hours yesterday & today completing everything!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Christmas Kick-Off

8 Khushboo December 23, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Woah cream in tartar in baking?? Interesting! These look so yum! Even more so than Choc chip cookies, i think snickerdoodles are my fave Christmas cookie…quite a bold statement ;)
Khushboo recently posted..You know it’s the holidays when…

9 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] December 23, 2011 at 11:15 pm

good luck with the last minute baking + wrapping — it’s crunch time, but have FUN!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..mise en place.

10 Shannon from Healthiful Balance December 24, 2011 at 3:38 am

I LOVE snickerdoodle cookies! :)
Shannon from Healthiful Balance recently posted..Locks Of Love

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 24, 2011 at 7:39 am

Yum!! I have all of those ingredients except the cream of tartar! Those would be super easy to make. Thanks for the idea! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..An easy side dish and a blogger meet-up!

12 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter December 24, 2011 at 10:14 am

Hope you were able to get everything done! :) Snickerdoodle recipes are the best….and it makes a ton of cookies!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..It’s Friday!!

13 Gillian December 24, 2011 at 10:31 am

They look so yummy! You seriously have the best cookie recipes… I recently made your crackled sugar cookies and last night baked some of the Nutella Chocolate Chip — the family LOVED them.

Question: What is the best way to freeze your cookies? Do you put them in a freezer bag or a container?
Gillian recently posted..Christmas Threw Up All Over The House

14 Courtney December 24, 2011 at 10:34 am

Thanks, Gillian!
I usually use tupperware containers. I’m sure bags would work too, but I just like knowing that I don’t have to worry about crushing them when they’re in the containers :)

15 Gillian December 24, 2011 at 10:40 am

Awesome… and good point. Thanks Courtney!
Gillian recently posted..Christmas Threw Up All Over The House

16 sam December 24, 2011 at 10:28 pm

what are those green cookies? :)

17 Courtney December 25, 2011 at 3:14 pm

They’re Spritz cookies! Basically, butter cookies.
They’re amazing, haha ;)