Santa Was VERY Good To Me!

by Courtney on December 25, 2011

Merrrrrry Christmas,everyone!! I hope that everyone is having a great day!

So far, my Christmas weekend has been absolutely fantastic. Now that the excitement of Christmas morning has settled down a bit and everyone is currently distracted by their own goodies, let me fill ya’ll in!

Yesterday afternoon, Jay and I headed over to his aunt’s house for a Christmas lunch.

His aunt had also made a pretty killer cocktail, which she called a “Poinsetta.” Apparently, it was made with cranberry juice, vodka, and champagne. Whatever it was, it was delicious…and I did my fair share on contributing to its disappearance. Winking smile

While we were there for lunch, Jay and I kept sneaking into the other room to try to catch some of the Jets game…

Turns out, I think we would have been better off not watching. Oh goodness gracious.

After lunch, we headed off to church and then over to my parents’ house.

Since it was just the four of us (my brother was on his way home from the Jets game) we kept things simple with a snacky sort of “dinner.”

Lots of munchies were had, including quite a few pieces of this. I couldn’t stop myself, honestly. It had to be removed from my hands. Ooof.

Fast-forward to this morning – Christmas morning!!

Jay and I were up bright and early to get our Christmas day started. First thing, we headed over to his parents’ house.

His parents know me too well…can’t you tell? Winking smile

There was also plenty of lotto ticket scratching happenin’!

I think Jay and I ended up winning about $10. Hey, better than nothing, right?

His mom also got us the adorable little Charlie Brown tree, which had some gift cards hanging off of it. It’s so stinkin’ cute!

After we left my in-laws, we headed back over to my parents’ house again for Christmas breakfast. It wouldn’t be Christmas without our favorite breakfast!

christmas 2011

Of course, mimosas were also necessary. Smile

This Overnight French Toast is just the best. I think this may have been about our 15th year having it on Christmas morning (we’ve been using the same recipe that I got in my home & careers class since 7th grade).

After breakfast, it was time to open stockings and presents!

As usual, there were plenty of shenanigans between me and the brother.

IMG_1029-1

IMG_1037-1

Santa didn’t forget about Jay – he got some fun goodies, including pitching lessons and a new vacuum for our pool.

Saweeet!

I think Mom & Dad also loved our big gift to them – they’re going on their first all-inclusive vacation to Jamaica in April, so we got them a private, candlelight dinner on the beach for while they’re there.

I remember seeing a few couples doing the same thing when Jay and I were on our honeymoon in St. Lucia, so I think they’re really going to enjoy it. Smile

Now I must say…I don’t know what I did right this year, but Santa was very, VERY good to me!

My house is going to be filled to the brim with this saying. Winking smile

A new Coach bag. Looooove it.

New Uggs…and I didn’t even ask for them this year! Apparently my original tan ones were lookin’ a little too scrappy.

Then there was a little excitement that took place…

I was SHAKING I was so excited…

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!”

I *finally* got my “Big Girl” camera! The Canon Rebel T3!

I’ve been asking for this camera for a couple of years now, but I honestly did not expect that it was going to be a reality. OMG OMG OMG!

I am SO excited to start playing around with it…unfortunately, I have to wait for the darn batter to finish charging. Wouldn’t you think they’d give you the battery fully charged so the super-excited recipients can start playing with it right away?!?!?!

Hey, I’m totally not complaining. Smile

Time to get back to the fam…and hopefully get started playing with my new camera soon!

**I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas and that Santa has been very good to you!**

1 Becka December 25, 2011 at 1:55 pm

BEST. GIFTS. EVER. Coach purse? Uggs? Camera? AWESOME!! Merry Christmas :)

2 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes December 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Ohhh that poinsetta cocktail sounds great! Enjoy that camera :D
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Well-Tabs: A Slap In The Face To The Mentally Ill

3 Sana December 25, 2011 at 2:00 pm

You are going to LOVEEEE the camera <3
Sana recently posted..A Message from My Brother to Megan

4 Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie December 25, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Merry Christmas!! Rebels are the best cameras! You got awesome gifts! Enjoy them!
Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie recently posted..A Surprise Package

5 Kristin December 25, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Aww what a lovely Christmas! Merry Christmas to you and your family :) hope the rest of your day is wonderful!

6 Amy December 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Merry christmAs Courtney!!!! Looks like you’re having a wonderful day :)

7 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 25, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Merry Christmas! Ahhh I want one of those cameras sooo badly, so I’m happy you got one! I hope the rest of your day is filled with greatness :)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Day and Night

8 Claire December 25, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Merry Christmas, Courtney! Your appetizer spread looks identical to ours here in Illinois. We did a big dinner yesterday and I’m sure we will do the same today! The camera!!!! That is super exciting for you, I’m sure! Enjoy it!! Merry Christmas to you and your family :)
Claire recently posted..Keeping Eve-Eve Tradition

9 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I got the SAME EXACT camera!!! Wooohoo Santa was awesome to us ;D Enjoy it! I’ve already taken 23098423942 pictures. Haha, Merry Christmas!

10 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 25, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I got the SAME exact camera!!!! I freaked out!! I’ve already taken 239482394823 pictures. Prepare to be amazed / obsessed!! Merry Christmas :D

11 Cindy December 25, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I got that camera for Christmas too! Mine just finished charging and I’m about to take 1000 pictures of everything!
Cindy recently posted..Bullfighting in Spain

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 25, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Wow, you really did get lucky this Christmas!! What awesome gifts! I want that camera … and the purse!! ;)

Merry Christmas, Courtney!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..An easy side dish and a blogger meet-up!

13 chelcie @ chelcie's food files December 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm

looks like you had a wonderful christmas! I got a new cannon camera also! i was so excited!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..From my Inbox!

14 Courtney December 25, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Merry Christmas Courtney! Glad Santa was good to you! Btw your new hair color is gorgeous in the sunlight!
Courtney recently posted..It’s a wonderful life

15 Cynthia (It All Changes) December 25, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I agree with the battery charging. I have a teenage girl camera but hated the wait for the battery to charge.

Can’t wait to see what you take pictures of first. :-) Merry Christmas.
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Tea Gift Winner

16 Shari December 25, 2011 at 5:18 pm

What a lovely holiday weekend you’ve had!! :)
Shari recently posted..Tuesday’s Tunes: Holiday Edition.

17 J @ ... semplicemente j ... December 25, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Happy Holidays!

This has been a wonderful Christmas … I feel happy and blessed!
J @ … semplicemente j … recently posted..… a truly beautiful Christmas …

18 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 25, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I have the T3 and my brother’s gf got it for Christmas this year too! You’re going to love it, it’s an awesome “starter” DSLR :) Yay!
Sounds like a great Christmas!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Christmas cheer

19 Khushboo December 26, 2011 at 12:24 am

What a wonderful Christmas and your family are pretty sweet gift-givers! After seeing your tweet about the Rebel, I was going to say whoever gave that to you did well…but looks like everyone did REAL well! MErry Christmas!
Khushboo recently posted..You can always count on Dr. Google

20 Karlee @ BringingBackBalance December 26, 2011 at 4:24 am

You must have been a really good girl this year… Santa was very nice to you :) You are going to have a great time with that camera! You deserve it too.

Merry Christmas to you and your family :)
Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..Up Hill Both Ways

21 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign December 26, 2011 at 9:20 am

That is so awesome that you got a new camera! You are going to love it!

22 Heather December 26, 2011 at 11:14 am

HOOOOORAY :)
Heather recently posted..Simply Saturday

23 Mary @ Bites and Bliss December 26, 2011 at 11:15 am

Dang, he was very good to you!! Glad you had a merry Christmas!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..How to Convince Someone They’re a Millionaire

24 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 26, 2011 at 11:52 am

You’re a lucky girl! Enjoy your camera :)
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Five Things Friday

25 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 26, 2011 at 11:57 am

Looks like you had a fantastic Christmas! Enjoy your new camera!

26 Jana December 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm

What a fun Christmas! I can’t wait to see how your pictures change with the new camera. You’ll have to share the tips and tricks you learn along the way!

27 Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut December 26, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Horray for new cameras! I got a Nikon d3100 for Christmas and I am so so so excited! Just imagine how much more awesome your bloggy is going to be!! (how intimidating and unfair to all the other bloggers? ;-) )
Merry Christmas!
Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut recently posted..{WIAW #10} A Peanutbutter Day

28 Shannon December 26, 2011 at 1:02 pm

That is so cool! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas. :)

I got a babycakes Cupcake maker with a recipe book, tips, and a frosting bag, a 19” TV with Modern Family season 2 and Body of Proof season 1 DVDs, some clothes, a Kindle case for my Kindle, some gloves, a pair of Dearfoam slippers (probably the softest slippers ever), and a couple books (the parody of Goodnight Moon, Goodnight iPad- it’s hilarious, as well as a book on the puppeteer who made up the helium balloons for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade).
Shannon recently posted..Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas

29 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter December 26, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Wow! some really great gifts! Especially the camera. :) Sounds like you and Jay had a fun and busy Christmas…:)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..A Merry Christmas in 2011

30 mollie December 26, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I got the rebel t3i in st. Maarten before they even came out on retail stores in the US this spring. Love it!!

31 Courtney December 26, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Wow, really? That’s awesome! :)

32 Faith December 26, 2011 at 8:40 pm

i got my first big girl camera for Christmas too- I love it!

33 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 27, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I got the same one for Christmas! My battery came fully charged. ;) Now when we have blogger dates we’ll both be equally dorky with our obscenely large cameras lol
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..I guess I’m just on a blogger meet-up spree!

34 Emily @ Relishments December 27, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Congrats on the new camera! We just bought a Rebel T3i at the beginning of the month and though I still haven’t really learned how to use it, I’m loving some of the photos I’ve taken. Enjoy!
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..December CSA pickups

35 Natalie @ Hello Natalie December 28, 2011 at 12:03 am

I got a camera too for Christmas (but I got it a wee bit early!)

Enjoy playing with it!!
Natalie @ Hello Natalie recently posted..diy: glitter wine bottles

36 Ashlee December 28, 2011 at 9:21 am

Love the excitement! I got the same camera from my hubby for Christmas I could not believe it! I have been having a blast playing with it :)
Ashlee recently posted..Cookie Monday

37 jessica December 29, 2011 at 12:53 pm

You know your coach is FAKE right? At least get a fake bag that is a replica of their own design. And just FYI coach never covers their handles in plastic.

38 Courtney December 29, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Yup! I sure do. Honestly, I don’t really care whether it’s fake or real…I still think it’s super cute. Plus, it was a gift, so it’s the thought that counts, right? :)