Christmas 2011, Part 2

by Courtney on December 26, 2011

Talk about a lazy morning! Or, I suppose I should say afternoon now…

Jay and I decided last night that we were not going to set an alarm for today (we both have the day off). Well, no alarm = a wake up time of 10:00am – about 10 hours of much-needed sleep. The extra sleep was definitely necessary after our long day yesterday – let me fill you guys in on where we last left off!

After about an hour of waiting, my camera battery was finally ready to go. SO exciting! I basically spent my entire day playing around with it…

Cookies

Rye Bread Dip (YUM)

My Chocolate Saltine Bark

Family

Mom & Dad’s photo album I made for them for their upcoming trip

Goofy faces

The Christmas Dinner table

Each of us got a Mrs. Prindable’s Gourmet Caramel apple at our seat (another one of mom’s QVC purchases).

Eventually, dinner was served…I just LOVE our Christmas day lasagna!

I loaded up with lots of everything.

I swear, it was one of the best batches yet!

After dinner, Jay and I headed up to Saratoga to spend some of the evening with his side of the family. As always, things were hustlin’ and bustlin’!

There was some singing of Christmas songs.

Time spent chatting with family.

And then, there was a visit from Santa! :)

Santa visits every year and it’s always so fun to see everyone (yes, everyone!) take a seat on Santa’s lap and get a gift.

Santa even commented on my new hair color this year – I was quite impressed at how observant he was. ;)

Once Santa left, Jay and I headed back home to finally have our own Christmas at home. We were both exhausted, but too excited to wait until today to have our Christmas. Plus, Cody really missed us, so we had to spend some time with our little guy.

So we changed into our cozies, settled in, opened up some gifts, and played with the Codester.

New perfume by Rihanna – WOOP!

Under shirts – so exciting (but so necessary!)

I’d have to say that Christmas 2011 was definitely a great one. So much to be thankful for, so many fun times spent with family.

Now today, Jay and I are planning on being super lazy – and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Have a great day, everyone!

Question for the Afternoon:

What were some highlights from your holiday weekend?

1 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign December 26, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Hahaha, I get Andy those undershirts every year, too! They get dingy so quickly!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Events of Christmas Eve

2 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life December 26, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Highlight of the weekend was my best friend surprising us all by showing up at our house dressed as Santa. My son was so excited!

I love Christmas! Looks like yours was great too!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..CHRISTMAS!!!!

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 26, 2011 at 1:03 pm

sounds like a great Christmas weekend!! love the photos you’ve taken so far with your new camera. ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Christmas Weekend

4 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 26, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Looks like a great weekend!! :) We also had a great weekend spending time with family.

I keep meaning to ask you … I don’t know if I missed it or what … what job are you doing these days? You’ve mentioned being at work, but I wasn’t sure what you did because I’m pretty sure you aren’t a teacher anymore. :) Just curious!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A Christmas Bingo Game

5 Shannon December 26, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Seemed like you had a busy holiday! Everyone desrves a lazy day after (ncluding me). I went to see my mom’s side of the family yesterday. Since that side of the family is big (and will get bigger in the future), my aunt’s husband set the gathering up at the Knights of Columbus hall where they live. It was really nice- all of the cousins were there at the same time for once! Everyone contributed food and caught up. I was so tired at the end that I couldn’t wait to get in the car for the two hour drive home. We stopped at my aunt’s house before we went home to see their two dogs (one of them- Big Boy- is the brother of our two dogs- Armani and Jezebel). Big Boy’s name fits himself- he’s a chubby one. He hardly gets any attention from my cousin so he was excited when all of us started petting him. He had such a big smile on his face like my sister’s dog does when he gets attention.
Shannon recently posted..Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas

6 Lauren B. December 26, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I found out on Christmas morning that I am pregnant after 3 1/2 years of trying! What an incredible gift!!!!

7 Courtney December 26, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Oh my gosh! CONGRATULATIONS, Lauren!!! Now that is, by far, one amazing Christmas present :)

8 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill December 26, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Sounds like a wonderful holiday weekend! We also had lasagna for dinner and it was delicious! Those candy apples look yummy…great idea for a place setting!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Ho, Ho, Ho!

9 Khushboo December 26, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Love that you had lasagne for Xmas! As cheesy ad it sounds, I really loved spending with my family who I don’t see enough at all!
Khushboo recently posted..A feAstive Christmas

10 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 26, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I slept for about 10 hours last night too… definitely much-needed!

11 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy December 26, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I’m going to spend today being lazy too! It’s only fitting after the busy weekend..and too much food :).
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..A Glimpse of Christmas 2011

12 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 26, 2011 at 3:54 pm

We had lasagna for Christmas dinner yesterday too. I always look forward to that meal so much!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..A glimpse

13 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter December 26, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Loved part 2 of Christmas! Especially with the new camera photos. Great pictures! Cody always cracks me up….cat’s have such personality. So glad that you had a wonderful Christmas. :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..A Merry Christmas in 2011

14 Lauren December 26, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Enjoy the new camera! I got one this year too and I’ve been so obsessed. Glad you are taking the day to come down from the Christmas high. We did the same thing and it felt glorious. :)

15 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health December 26, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Wow, it looks like you had a fantastic Christmas!!! And guess what, I got a canon rebel t3 too!!! :D I’m so excited! Now, my fiance and I are in Tennessee in the smokey mountains…I can’t wait to hike and use my new camera to take some pretty pictures!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Christmas Celebrations

16 Courtney December 26, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Ahhh, camera twins!! Do you feel like it’s going to take you forever to figure it all out? Haha…I want to take a photography class or something now!

17 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health December 26, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Oh my gosh yes!! I totally want to take a class. I really need to go through all of those cd’s that were with it!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Christmas Celebrations

18 Gillian @ The Greener Bean December 26, 2011 at 5:39 pm

So jealous of that new camera! The highlight of my Christmas was finding out that my uncle and his girlfriend are engaged! He’s 44 and we really thought he was never going to settle down, with such an awesome gal, to boot :)
Gillian @ The Greener Bean recently posted..Christmas with the Campbells

19 Stephanie @ StephSnacks December 26, 2011 at 6:19 pm

I was so lucky this Christmas.. I received everything and more that I could ever want. I love seeing all of my family and friends in one room–it’s such a special time of year!
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..WIAW

20 Kellie @ Compelled To Do So December 26, 2011 at 7:21 pm

It looks like you had a jam-packed and fun holiday!

How is the new perfume? Does it magically turn you into Rihanna when you put it on? If so, I am totally buying it!
Kellie @ Compelled To Do So recently posted..Three Things That Would Annoy You

21 Courtney December 26, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Hahaha, oh definitely. You should hear my singing! ;)

22 Meg Trimarchi December 26, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Just caught up on some STSW blogs and I gotta say, and I can tell you got a SUPER nice camera just based on how clear and awesome your recent pics are! So exciting! Also, I loved the pic of you and Sarah on Christmas. : )

23 Shayla @ The Good Life December 27, 2011 at 9:29 am

What a wonderful Christmas you had!! :)

On that Jamaica album, is that a young picture of your parents?! If so your mama was (and still is!) gorgeous – just like you ;)

24 Courtney December 27, 2011 at 9:32 am

Hahaha, no, that’s the stock photo that came in the album. But that woman is quite pretty, isn’t she? ;)

25 Shayla @ The Good Life December 27, 2011 at 9:36 am

Haha whoops!! Now I feel like a dork – she is pretty and there’s a slight resemblance!

Btw, your pics on your new camera are gorgeous!! Really makes such a difference…hmmm perhaps that’ll be on my Xmas list for next year ;)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Our Christmas Eve Holiday Treats!