My New Favorite Subject

by Courtney on December 26, 2011

Okay, so this new camera is just way too fun. I am in LOVE!

As it turns out, I have a new favorite subject to photograph…

I think I’ve taken about a gazillion pictures of Cody so far today. He’s just so stinkin’ cute – not to mention a whole lot easier to photograph now.

Luckily, I managed to do a little bit more than just snap photos of this little guy all day. I enjoyed being a little lazy and playing some catch up; I had to make a couple quick returns to Target, restock on some groceries, and stop back home to pick up my laptop that I forgot there yesterday.

By the time I got home, Jay and I were hungry for dinner, so he actually took care of everything while I worked on packaging up all of the goodies for my giveaway week winners. (I’m still waiting to hear from one more person!!)

Dinner

Tonight’s dinner was totally delicious, and it was all courtesy of that talented hubby of mine. When Jay and I dated during high school, one of his favorite things to make was pierogies. I had never heard of pierogies before he introduced them to me, but I quickly learned that they are quite a delicious little item.

Tonight, Jay sautéed up our onion and potato pierogies with some fresh garlic, Garlic Gold olive oil, and tiny cubed ham. We had one more ham steak in our freezer, so Jay cubed it up teeny-tiny (which totally made me think of the ham they used to serve at Ponderosa – anyone else with me??) and added it to the dish.

On the side, we also had some fresh green beans which were also sautéed in some garlicky deliciousness.

After dinner, we attempted to make some sense of the living room (since it looked like Santa’s sack had been dumped right in the middle of it). It’s a work in progress.

Then we had a few games of fetch…

Still cracks me up every.single.time. :)

After fetch, it was time for a little dessert…

Oh candy-coated caramel apples, how I adore you.

I loved the fact that they were mini – it made it seem more reasonable to finish the whole thing on my own. ;)

Now it’s time to get ready to head back to reality tomorrow. Man, it comes back so soon, doesn’t it?

Okay, okay. I promise, I’ll chill on the Cody pics now. I just couldn’t resist that last one.

Hope everyone had a great day!

1 RunEatRepeat December 26, 2011 at 8:34 pm

The one with the pink thing in his mouth is my favorite!
RunEatRepeat recently posted..What a Beach

2 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill December 26, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Totally know what you mean about Santa’s sack being dumped out in the middle of the room! We did some major cleaning today and now things are slowly getting back to normal!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Louboutins for Holiday Cheer

3 Lisa December 26, 2011 at 8:38 pm

If you like pierogi out of a box, you should try them homemade!!

4 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 26, 2011 at 8:42 pm

That picture of cody in the air is hilarious! I’ve taken way too many pictures of my pet as well. Glad you love the camera!

5 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 26, 2011 at 8:59 pm

It took me quite a few hours to pack away all of our Christmas gifts — it’s a task for sure!

I love the mid-air action shot of Cody!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Christmas Re-Cap

6 Jackie @ That Deep Breath December 26, 2011 at 9:01 pm

That caramel apple looks delicious…I have a serious craving now!
Jackie @ That Deep Breath recently posted..A Very Merry Christmas

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 26, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I haven’t had pierogies in ages! My mom used to make them. :)

And I don’t blame you for all the pet pics … if I had a pet to photograph, I would totally do the same thing! Every time I go home to visit my mom, I take about a million pictures of her dog! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A Christmas Bingo Game

8 Molly Antos December 26, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I recently got a nicer camera myself (Canon Rebel T2i) and LOVE taking pictures of my dog. It’s a great way to play with different settings and be assured you’ll get a great result (because the subject is so adorable!). Have fun with it :)

9 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine December 26, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Pierogi are amazing! My Polish relatives make them from scratch and they are absolutely amazing!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Lighter Baked Potato Soup

10 Courtney December 26, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Definitely no such thing as too many pet pics. Keep them coming! Your camera takes really great pictures! :)
Courtney recently posted..It’s a wonderful life

11 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 26, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I’m totally loving that Cody action shot hahaha. Once I start snapping photos of my dog, I end up with a zillion pictures afterwards. The cuteness is hard to ignore!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Back to Reality

12 Courtney December 26, 2011 at 10:38 pm

What a cute kitty! And isn’t organizing the best feeling? :)
Courtney recently posted..Christmas 2011!

13 Khushboo December 26, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Having the hubby cook for you sounds like the perfect end to the holiday weekend! Hope the transition back to reality isnt too rough ;)
Khushboo recently posted..A feAstive Christmas

14 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 26, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Oh my gosh, the one of him midair is awesome!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..A glimpse

15 Karlee @ BringingBackBalance December 27, 2011 at 4:42 am

Cody is such a great model :P Now that I am at my parents house, I can’t stop talking about my dog on my blog haha. They are just sooo adorable!

Have fun with your new camera! I am excited to see some new pictures.
Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..Going to Bed with a Stink Bomb!

16 MizFit December 27, 2011 at 6:17 am

oooh I WANT THOSE APPLES TOO.

I mightcould create them in my own kitchen.
hmmmm :-)
MizFit recently posted..The personal post: call & response.

17 Shannon December 27, 2011 at 9:50 am

He’s so stinkin’ adorable! I love your cat. :)

I think I’ve had pierogies before; don’t they have potatoes in them? If those are pierogies, those things are delicious!

I took a lazy day too, and watched movies and ate junk food. Probably not the best thing that I should be doing but…it was fine by me.

18 Nicole December 27, 2011 at 10:33 am

Love the pic of Cody in mid air! Too cute!!

19 Ashley @ Freckles & Spice December 27, 2011 at 10:57 am

I was introduced to pierogies by my bf too! He has an eastern european background and grew up eating fresh made ones. And I love them now! I’ve had so many handmade ones from this family on xmas this year! Yum!
Ashley @ Freckles & Spice recently posted..Christmas Day 2011

20 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter December 27, 2011 at 11:11 am

You can take as many pictures of Cody as you want :) He is a rock star!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..A Merry Christmas in 2011

21 Laura @ Unchartered 20s December 28, 2011 at 1:57 pm

OMG i love the mid air pic of Cody! hahah cracking me up!
Laura @ Unchartered 20s recently posted..December Wrap Up