Two In The Books

Okay…I’ve got two healthy meals in the books for today and I swear I’m already feeling better!

Oh hello there, good lookin’. Winking smile

Last night, I put together a big ‘ol salad to take with me for lunch today. I threw in everything I could find in our veggie drawer:

• romaine lettuce
  • cucumbers
  • grape tomatoes
  • red onion
  • shredded carrots (SO much better than diced, IMO)
  • dried cranberries
  • a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
  • a piece of cubed up grilled chicken
  • Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing (2 tbsp)

I also packed up a golden delicious apple, some almonds, and an unphotographed Clif Z Bar.

Definitely time to load back up on the good stuff again! I’ve also been chugging water like it’s my job, which is helping a LOT.

Tonight, Jay and I are having company over for dinner (our friends Joe & Kate, who we actually have not seen since Kate’s birthday party!) so I’m pretty excited about that. On the menu: Healthy Baked Chicken Parm with my homemade sauce. I think at this rate, I’m going to turn INTO my homemade sauce pretty soon. Mmmm Mmmm!

Question for the Afternoon:

Do you have a favorite or “signature” meal to make when company is over or when you attend a party?

Comments

This might blow up in my face someday, but I love trying new recipes when people come over. I usually stick to my usual stuff when I’m cooking for just me, so it’s a nice change when others come over. So far, it’s been a success 90% of the time. Not bad 😛
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Back to Reality

2. Shannon says

My dad usually brings coleslaw and my mom brings brownies to parties or another dessert that would be something different than cookies, cupcakes, etc. One time, she brought her eggnog cake- and let me tell you, that thing is quite tasty. :)

I usually make scalloped potatoes and cupcakes! But I just got a cake ball pan for XMAS so I’m pretty sure those will be making quite a few appearances, and I can’t wait!
    Sam recently posted..Oreo Pee

Golden Delicious apples are probably/most definitely my favorite apple. Especially when they soften up a little bit. SO sweet.

My grandma’s homemade sauce is made of fairydust and sprinkles. Swear to God. I love that it keeps the acidity!

I usually have finger foods when I have company over, or go to a friends house. I love to make pinwheels (with flavored cream cheeses, spinach, etc), chicken salad with crackers, or homemade hummus.
    Marty recently posted..Biscotti Triple Play

Your salad looks so fresh and delicious :) I don’t really have a signature meal, I think having people over or going to parties is an opportunity for me to try something new – I definitely do have my favourites though!

I haven’t had a salad in far too long. FAR too long. I really need to get to the grocery store!!

I always make my special chocolate cake for company. It’s always a huge hit, and it’s not rare for people to tell me it’s the best they’ve ever eaten!
    Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Peppermint Bark