Recipe Favorites from 2011

by Courtney on December 28, 2011

I can’t even believe it. Only three more days left in 2011. Seriously, where does the time go?

Well, with the end of one year and the beginning of another, I usually end up doing a whole lot of reflecting on some of my favorite things that have taken place in 2011. I still need to do a check in on those goals that I set for myself, but I’ll get to that soon enough.

Tonight, rather, I spent a little bit of time going through all of my recipes from 2011 and have come up with a Top 5 (or 4) of some of my favorite recipes in some of my favorite categories. Most of my favorites, ironically, have actually been some of your favorites too! Hey, you know what they say…great minds think alike.

Feel free to take a peek – maybe you’ll find something from earlier in the year that you may not have seen before!

Breakfast/Breads/Muffins

Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee

Cinnamon Chip Scones (seen above)

Pumpkin Banana Bread

Veggie Fritatta

“Wouldn’t Know They’re Healthy” Blueberry Muffins

Salads & Sides

Creamy Fruit & Tortellini Salad (seen above)

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Yogurt Dip

Dinners

BBQ Chicken Garbage Bread

Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese

Chicken, Bacon, and Ranch Mac & Cheese

Crab Cakes with Avocado-Mango Salsa (seen above)

Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

Soups, Stews, & Chili

Mal’s Easy Chili

Pumpkin Black Bean Soup (seen above)

Simple & Tasty Beef Stew

Spinach Lentil Soup

Cookies & Bars

Butterscotch Blondies with Chocolate Glaze (seen above)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups (with Frosting Filling)

Chocolate Raspberry Bars

Crackled Sugar Cookies

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cupcakes

Apple Cider Cupcakes with Apple Cider Cream Cheese Frosting

Neapolitan Cupcakes

Orange Cream Soda Pop Cupcakes

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

****

Hopefully you found something you like. :)

Question for the Evening:

What was one of your favorite recipes from 2011?

1 Shannon December 28, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Those blueberry muffins and sugar cookies look delicious! :)

2 Andrea (Run. Learn. Repeat.) December 28, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing! I love finding new recipes. This soup was one of my favorite recipes. http://www.runlearnrepeat.com/2011/12/eat-of-week-tomato-basil-and-parmesan.html
Andrea (Run. Learn. Repeat.) recently posted..Eat of the Week: Turkey and Rice Stuffed Peppers

3 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes December 28, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Awesome! Thanks for gathering your favorites! My spinach pancakes are definitely my favorite recipe from this year.
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..How Did I Get Here? – The Sequel

4 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 28, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Cool, now I’m hungry and need dessert. #yousuck #justkiddingloveyou
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..The Mom Jeans.

5 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 28, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Your cupcakes are so stinkin cute. My favorite recipe that I threw together was for Korean bbq tacos! I hadn’t started blogging at that point, so no recipe, but in the future!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Running on Auto-Pilot

6 Tessa @ Amazing Asset December 28, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Thank you for putting this together! I am definitely bookmarking this page… lots of cooking and baking to do :)
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..WIAW- Holiday and Challenges Edition

7 chelcie @ chelcie's food files December 28, 2011 at 10:50 pm

love the round up post! the cinnamon chip scones look amazing!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Getting Back on Track

8 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous December 28, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Woah so many of these sound good I don’t know where to start. Totally pinning it right now to my healthy foods board!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous recently posted..Christmas Recap – A picture is worth a thousand words

9 Khushboo December 28, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Thanks for sharing! One of my new years resolutions involves trying new recipes so this is ideal!
Khushboo recently posted..A taste of my childhood

10 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] December 28, 2011 at 11:48 pm

just revisited my 2011 goals. where did the year go!?
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..merry + bright.

11 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it December 29, 2011 at 12:07 am

all of your baked goods always look so tempting! thanks for posting the recipes!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..10 Things I Learned in 2011

12 Michelle (Better with Berries) December 29, 2011 at 12:18 am

Thanks for the recipe roundup! I want to try out more recipes in the coming new year, so hopefully some of these can give me a good head start! I’m definitely looking into trying the Spinach Lentil Soup. Somehow I have gone my whole life without trying lentils yet!

13 Karlee @ BringingBackBalance December 29, 2011 at 1:57 am

That fruit and tortellini salad sounds soo yucky, but I am going to trust you and try it out! I feel like it will be one of those meals that you think is going to be gross but then you end up falling in love with in. It will probably be my favourite meal of 2012 haha.

My fave recipe of 2011 is definitely some variation of pumpkin oatmeal. Yummmm!
Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..Cranky Karlee

14 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 29, 2011 at 8:07 am

So many yummy recipes! Thanks for posting this — there are always so many things I want to try, but of course I forget about a few along the way. The Nutella chocolate chip cookies have my name all over them!

15 Jana December 29, 2011 at 9:14 am

Everything looks so good, but I think my number one pick to try for next year is your garbage bread! There are so many variations often bread can on using your ingredient suggestions and basic directions. Can’t wait to give it a shot!
Jana recently posted..Christmas Time is Here…

16 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter December 29, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I made the cinnamon chip scones and they turned out SO good! Funny story, (to me anyway), after seeing you post the recipe of the scones I saw the cinnamon chips at Wal-mart and just knew it was a sign!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Let’s go to the movies!