by Courtney on December 28, 2011

Technology and I are not getting along too well today. Not at all. I’ve been experiencing some blog-related issues (slow loading time, taking me 5+ attempts to even get a post up) and I’ve been about *this close* to throwing in the towel. UGH. SOO, major apologies if you’ve been experiencing some severe lag time and/or other crap here on STSL. Hopefully things will get straightened out soon and this post will be a little more kind to my frazzled self. And if not? Well hey, at least I’ve got some awesome food to eat today!

Anyway…I totally forgot to mention this morning’s workout earlier today. Let me fill ya’ll in!

I know how much you all love pinning stuff now (oh wait, maybe that’s just me…) but I figured I’d put a little something together for this morning’s treadmill intervals.

high intensity intervals

Pin It

Nothing crazy. It’s been a while since I’ve done just some plain ‘ol intervals like this, so it felt good. Actually, no, it felt hard. But that’s a good thing, right? Winking smile

I followed up my sweaty intervals with my Quick Abs Circuit and called it a day.

Lunch

This morning as I was waiting for my amazing breakfast to cook, I got a sudden, major craving for a sandwich. Luckily I had the time, so I put together a winner.

sandwich

Three slices of deli turkey, a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion on two slices of whole wheat bread.

It was awwwwwesome.

Other snacks packed up for the afternoon: baby carrots, almonds, two prunes, and the other half of my banana from this morning’s oats.

Thanks to last night’s dinner, I’ve also got some tasty leftovers packed up with me to have for dinner later on.

I packed up a big ‘ol serving of spaghetti squash and topped it with a leftover piece of chicken…and lots of extra sauce, of course. ;)

I’m already excited about digging in!

Time to get back to work…catch ya later!

Questions for the Afternoon:

If you had to give up one piece of technology (i.e., smart phone, computer, etc.) what would it be?

Would you consider yourself “addicted to technology?”

1 Chels R. December 28, 2011 at 2:07 pm

It’s sad…I can’t live without my phone. And my iMac here at work…they really have me spoiled at the j.o.b.

I would gladly give away my computer at home though…it’s outdated. I wish I would carry the iMac home with me. It’s awesome.
Chels R. recently posted..Bodypump & other guilty pleasures.

2 Whitney December 28, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I am definitely obsessed with technology from my garmin running watch (I feel like I “can’t” run if it’s not charged) to my iphone and my ipad!! eek :)

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey December 28, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I’d give up the TV. Does that count?
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..a day of whole foods

4 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life December 28, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I hate to say it, but I think I am addicted to technology. If I forget my iPhone at home, I feel like I forgot my arm or something. I wouldn’t want to give up any of my gadgets, I love my iPhone, iPad and Macbook. I’m also a bit of an Apple addict! :x
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Just Like That

5 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries December 28, 2011 at 2:16 pm

i’m sorry about your technology frustrations. i’ve totally been there and it really does put a damper on things! i would honestly say i’m pretty addicted to my laptop, especially since i’ve started blogging. as for other pieces of technology such as my phone or the tv, i really don’t use that often and would hardly say i’m addicted to them.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #14: Best Meals To Help Cure A Food Hangover

6 Khushboo December 28, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Sad truth of life: I am a technology addict and feel like my life comes to a halt when I can’t access internet/my phone! I cannot wait to get back to intervals when my ankle gets back to normal!
Khushboo recently posted..A taste of my childhood

7 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List December 28, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I ate a huge salad the past two days…my body needed some greens!! yum. Now I kinda want a cookie. ;)
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..my eating disorder – today

8 Shannon December 28, 2011 at 2:29 pm

That looks like great food. Now I’m getting hungry again. :(

1. I don’t know if I could give up a piece of technology but if I had to…probably the television. I could watch my TV shows online, and read the Times Union instead of watch the news on TV. That would be extremely difficult, though.

2. Yes- I am addicted to technology; I fit it into my schedule.

9 erica December 28, 2011 at 2:34 pm

i think i’d give up tv (and rely on watching shows on my computer! lol)

i’m totally addicted. if the internet is down, or i don’t have my iphone with me, i feel lost. terrible. i know.
erica recently posted..christmas day part 1: hawaii 5-O edition

10 Sarah December 28, 2011 at 2:45 pm

how did you make the chicken? it looks delicious!

11 Courtney December 28, 2011 at 6:04 pm
12 Alicia December 28, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I’m totally addicted to technology, but if I had to give something up it would definitely be TV. :-)
Alicia recently posted..lazy holidays

13 Mallory @ Have your cake December 28, 2011 at 3:23 pm

i could live without tv! except i am addicted to the bachelor/bachelorette.
Mallory @ Have your cake recently posted..Merry Christmas!

14 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! December 28, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Im addicted to technology FOR sure. I would give up TV cuz i could watch stuff on the computer (netflix, hulu, etc) does that still count ;) haha that is a tough one!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Return of Egg n’ Jelly & Banana Granola Cookies

15 Jana December 28, 2011 at 3:31 pm

That is a tough one, but I think I would give up my computer. Now that I have my iPhone, I could probably do without anything else since that baby does it all! However, I absolutely can’t stand the feeling of being addicted to technology. I would much rather not stare at a computer when I could be enjoying the company of an actual person!
Jana recently posted..Christmas Time is Here…

16 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen December 28, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I feel ya! I woke up to internet problems which turned out to be my work computer’s firewall blocking my home router which was only figured out after 45 mins of tech support. Blog stuff stinks though because there is no tech support! I have mini panic attacks every time something blog related happens. Hope you get it figured out!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Raw cherry chocolate hazelnut balls

17 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 28, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Those leftovers look delicious!

If I had to choose, I’d part with my smart phone instead of my computer but I’m definitely addicted so it would be a struggle!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..French Toast Casserole

18 Patty December 28, 2011 at 4:17 pm

If I was gonna give up some piece of technology forever it would be the tv. Though I have forgotten my phone before which drives me crazy for the first couple hours (seems silly to be so addicted to it) but after awhile its nice not being bothered with it. I like unplugging from technology once in a while.

19 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter December 28, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Holy cow that is how I felt when I was trying to start my blog! And still feel that way sometimes….;) A couple of days ago I was just about to put a post up and the wi-fi went down! Thank goodness it saves it in the drafts. :)
What could I do without tech wise?? Hmmm that would be a hard one, but there are days when I could go without my Iphone.
I am addicted to my DVR!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Back to the grind

20 Lena @Fit on the Rocks December 28, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I’m good with not having a tv. I have one, but I never turn it on. I could occasionally do without my cell phone. I always freak out when I leave it at home, but it’s kind of nice not to have to be accountable to anyone for a little while!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Holiday Food is Trying to Kill Me

21 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill December 28, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I’m definitely addicted to technology, but I try to take frequent breaks and avoid being connected all the time. It’s a challenge!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..A Peek Into My Closet