A Look Back at 2011

by Courtney on January 2, 2012

I think this post was easily one of my favorite posts to put together. Last year, I put together a 2010 Review post and I had such a blast doing it that I figured I’d do it again this year.

2011 was a VERY busy year for me; lots of traveling, lots of celebrating, some personal struggles, and some major life changes. Here’s a look back at a month-by-month review of some of some of my major highlights in 2011!

January

Jay and I celebrated our First Wedding Anniversary.

I found out I have some major allergies.

I celebrated my 27th Birthday with (almost) all of my best friends.

February

We finally finished and revealed our major kitchen remodel.

Attended an awesome blogger dinner at New World Bistro.

March

We celebrated St. Patty’s Day with some Kegs & Eggs shenanigans.

Jay and I had some fun adventures in Massachusetts.

April

April was easily the most trying month of the year for me. My life and career definitely took a major turn this month and it was a lot for me to handle.

Luckily, it wasn’t all bad.

The blog turned one year old.

I had a super-fun Easter.

My friend Rachel got engaged.

My new free time left me baking lots of different kinds of cupcakes.

I ran my first 10K (pictured here with Ms. Heather).

May

I stepped outside my comfort zone and recorded my first vlog.

Then I did another one.

I traveled to Baltimore and had a blast at Fitbloggin’.

June

Cody hijacked the blog and shared his first-ever blog post.

I traveled to the Outer Banks and had an amazing vacation with friends.

I sold my car and sort of had a hard time with it.

July

We went on vacation to Virginia Beach and Jay and I had one of the best meals of our lives.

We continued the vacation by traveling to Wildwood, NJ and ate our weight in ice cream sundaes at The Seashell.

While we were away, Cody hijacked the blog again.

My friend Rachel asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding.

I celebrated my half birthday with a homemade half birthday cake, baked by the amazing hubby.

We hosted a fantastically fun poolside birthday party.

August

I had a blast on a weekend wine tour to celebrate Sarah’s Bachelorette Party.

I was on the road again and traveled to Philadelphia to attend the Healthy Living Summit where I met some amazing girls and even spoke on a panel about negativity.

September

I made a major career change.

I had a blast celebrating at Sarah & Jeff’s wedding.

Jay, my parents, and I traveled down to a Jets game.

I drank some beers and had a BLAST with great friends at Oktobeerfest.

October

We celebrated our friends’ Josh & Erika’s wedding and I even had the honor of making their wedding cupcakes.

We had fun dressing up for Halloween and celebrating an unexpected engagement!

November

Jay and I found two fun new bars in town.

I proudly watched my dad accept one of his greatest bowling achievements.

I successfully hosted my first Thanksgiving dinner.

December

Spent the day exploring the Yankee Candle Flagship store in Deerfield, MA with my mom and Meg.

I passed my NASM exam and became certified as a Personal Trainer.

We had a blast partying it up at our friends’ Meg & Mike’s gorgeous wedding.

My friend Kathryn asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding.

I had a wonderful Christmas and finally got a new DSLR camera!

I can’t even tell you how many things I came across while creating this post that I had totally forgotten about. That has got to be one of my favorite things about blogging – so many memories all in one place!

2011 was definitely a fantastic year…but I have a feeling that 2012 is going to be even better. Who’s with me?!?

Question for the Morning:

What are your favorite memories of 2011?

1 Lauren January 2, 2012 at 8:30 am

What a year! SO happy to have met you this past year. :) I hope our paths cross again in 2012.
Lauren recently posted..Going Out and Diving In

2 Rachael January 2, 2012 at 8:43 am

I love this look back at 2011 – what a great idea and great way to review not only the good times but your accomplishments (10k, passing your test, etc). I am not going to lie…my fav part is the Seashell ice cream picture. I grew up in northern NJ and whenever we went on vacation with my grandparents they ALWAYS took us to Seashell (i should dig up some pictures). They have the BEST homemade ice cream ever! :)

3 Shari January 2, 2012 at 8:45 am

What an amazing year you had! Wishing you a 2012 that’s every bit as lovely :)
Shari recently posted..Looking Back & Looking Forward.

4 Jana January 2, 2012 at 9:10 am

That is one thing I love so much about blog’s, it can become such a documentary of one’s life! Nothing like ending the year reminiscing and being appreciative of all your blessings! Some of the best things I did this year was get married (!) and went on my honeymoon to Jamaica in October, got promoted to my current position in July and adopted a puppy the last day of 2011 to end the year on a very high note! :-)
Jana recently posted..…Happiness and Cheer!

5 Lauren January 2, 2012 at 9:18 am

You had an awesome year! I’m still in love with your dress you wore at the Healthy Living Summit! Haha, so cute and colorful! Totally jealous! I love this post because there’s things I missed here and there that I got to catch up on! I love the picture with you saying goodbye you to your car. Haha and Cody’s first post ;-) Too cute! Here’s to a new year! Cheers!
Lauren recently posted..Welcome, 2012…

6 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries January 2, 2012 at 9:21 am

You had a FAB 2011! Some of my favorite moments were getting married (!!), honeymooning in St. Lucia, and starting my blog :) I hope 2012 is your best year yet, Courtney!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..My One Big Fitness Goal for 2012

7 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health January 2, 2012 at 9:21 am

Aw, Courtney you have had a great year! And while there may have been some unexpected life changes for you, I think they were ultimately for the best and you can now move forward and do things that you really love! Can’t wait to continue reading about your life and sharing some of your special moments with you!! Hope you’re having a great new year so far :D
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Wedding Date and Venue

8 Holly January 2, 2012 at 9:38 am

Good morning! I started reading your blog this summer but learned today that you ran your first 10k earlier this year. Running a 10k is one of my goals for 2012. Did you have a particular training plan you followed? How long did you train before the race? Do you think a 10k is doable by someone who can barely finish a 5k? haha Any tips would be great – I’m NOT a runner!! :)

9 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 2, 2012 at 9:52 am

I loved reading through this post! Sounds like you had quite the year!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Setting Goals for the New Year?

10 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 2, 2012 at 9:59 am

i loved this post!! i especially enjoyed reading about some of the stuff that i missed from before i read your blog earlier in the year. i’m so glad i stumbled across STSL. i love reading your posts each and everyday. cheers to a great 2012!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Happy New Year!

11 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 2, 2012 at 10:11 am

Love this! Looks like you had an eventful 2011! :)
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..My Goals for 2012

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 2, 2012 at 10:22 am

I’M WITH YA. ;) big things in 2012, lady!

aand that half birthday cake is the cutest thing I’ve seen all year (yes, it’s been a short year, but still).
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..What I Learned in 2011

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 2, 2012 at 10:30 am

Love this post; a great year overall! My favorite memory of 2011 was my wedding!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Happy New Year

14 Heather January 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

such a great year, doll face! I loved having you there with me for our first 10Ks!!!
Heather recently posted..a v. general 2012

15 Shannon January 2, 2012 at 10:43 am

Wow. It seems that 2011 was such a great year! :)

One of my favorite memories from 2011 was when my cousin and his wife got married in July. It was a pretty ceremony (small- but that’s ok) and the reception hall (at The State Room, on State Street in Albany) was beautiful, and had tasty food. The servers were friendly, and one would target my brother when they came around with their trays with appetizers. That server must have known my brother eats everything. It was funny to watch. I had a good time that night, and got a lot of sleep the next day.
Shannon recently posted..New Year’s Fill-Ins

16 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath January 2, 2012 at 10:43 am

Looks like it was a great year for you! Here’s to 2012 being just as great or better! :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Cheers to 2012!

17 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony January 2, 2012 at 10:49 am

1. Meeting the most amazing man in the world and falling in love
2. My first nephew and godson being born
3. Beginning my blog, Health, Happiness & Harmony :)

Happy New Year!
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..HHH At Its Best

18 Dusty @ Running to Healthy January 2, 2012 at 11:11 am

What a great year! Congrats on passing the NASM test and becoming a certified personal trainer.

19 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 2, 2012 at 12:35 pm

What a whirlwind year! At least the positives outweighed the negatives, and you can rock out in 2012 :)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Happy New Year!

20 Lindsey January 2, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I think it was our honeymoon – we went on a Caribbean cruise last January! I wish we were going again this year!
Lindsey recently posted..Happy New Year!

21 erica January 2, 2012 at 1:19 pm

getting married in september is hands down my favorite memory of 2011!!!

22 Kelsey January 2, 2012 at 2:29 pm

what a great year! :) I love your blog! Hope you have a great 2012!!

23 Katelyn January 2, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Looks like you had a great year! Was wondering if you knew of any plans for another blogger dinner in Albany? Would love to attend one!

24 Courtney January 3, 2012 at 9:52 am

I don’t know of any right now but I will definitely keep you in mind!