Today Marks Two Years

by Courtney on January 2, 2012

Some of you may have caught on to this earlier, but today is a VERY SPECIAL DAY. Today, my friends, marks our two year wedding anniversary!

I still can’t believe it’s already been two years. On one hand, there are days where it feels like it was just yesterday that we were dancing the night away with our closest friends and family. On the other hand, there are also days that feel like it was about twenty-two years ago… Winking smile

Last year, Jay and I had a lot of fun celebrating our first anniversary, complete with flowers, dinner, champagne, and paper anniversary gifts.

This year, we’re keeping things slightly more low-key; no flowers needed, but there will definitely be some champagne later, as well as a nice dinner out a locations to be determined. As far as gifts go? The second anniversary is traditionally the cotton anniversary, but since we couldn’t really think of anything exciting to get each other (the ideas of robes and underwear were tossed around) we actually decided that we’re most likely going to buy ourselves a new comforter for the bedroom.

But the cool thing about last year’s paper anniversary gift is that it will continue to carry over year after year. Here it was last year…

And here it is now, a year later!

I’ve added a picture for each location that we’ve traveled to and added in all of 2011’s destinations.

2011 marked four new states: Massachusetts, New Jersey, Virginia, and North Carolina.

Looks like we’re doin’ a pretty good job of hitting up the east coast, wouldn’t you say?

I’d love to be able to add somewhere new on the west coast for 2012; this Las Vegas photo is lookin’ pretty lonely over there…

I *do* know that we’ll be traveling somewhere fun in 2012 (soon, too!), but it isn’t technically a state…so I’m still not sure how that one’s going to count? Winking smile

So anyway…

Happy 2nd Anniversary, Jay!

Thanks for another amazingly fun year, thanks for sticking by my side when times were tough, and most importantly, thanks for putting up with all of my crap. You’re the best. Smile

*****

Man oh man, so much to talk about today! Since I posted my 2011 Recap this morning, I never got a chance to fill ya in on my morning, so let’s hop to it…

Workout

After taking last week off (which, it’s a good thing I didn’t go since there wouldn’t have been a class anyway) I headed back to BodyCombat this morning. It was a good class and totally left my upper body burning, but didn’t seem as intense on the legs. That’s okay though…I like the upper body burn best.

Breakfast

Today called for some scrambled eggs with sautéed peppers and onions. But then I wanted peanut butter too…so, I had both.

I picked up a bag of Thomas’ whole wheat mini bagels at the store yesterday and toasted one up this morning with some peanut butter. I think I’m really gonna like these mini bagels. Yum!

Coffee in my new favorite mug was also enjoyed with a little Truvia and skim milk.

I’m not quite sure what the rest of our day his in store for us. Jay also has the day off, so we’re doing a few things around the house, and then I’m sure we’ll head out later for an anniversary dinner and (possibly?) a movie.

Either way, I’m just a happy camper today. Open-mouthed smile

1 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Happy anniversary!! I love the map idea..so cool!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..A dinner that brings good luck!

2 Lindsey January 2, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Happy Anniversary! I love the map idea, I might steal it and surprise our hubby with it for our anniversary.
Lindsey recently posted..Happy New Year!

3 jen January 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm

happy anniversary to you & jay!

4 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn January 2, 2012 at 1:11 pm

You two are so stinkin cute. I love the map idea, I might do that just for the sake of travel as a college student!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Serious Talk from Sweat

5 Shannon January 2, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Happy 2nd Anniversary! That hit on me after closing out of the 2011 Recap post after commenting.

I love that map and the pictures on the map. It’s such a good idea, and a cool one too.

Have a great, happy day! :)
Shannon recently posted..New Year’s Fill-Ins

6 Khushboo January 2, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Happy anniversary to you and Jay- wish you 2 many more years of happiness together!

7 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 2, 2012 at 1:20 pm

happy anniversary courtney!! i hope you both enjoy your special day together! :)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..New Year’s Weekend

8 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 2, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are such a great couple! Love the map idea :)
Hope you guys have a great day!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..The first Monday in 2012!

9 erica January 2, 2012 at 1:21 pm

happy anniversary!

10 Kristin @ FoodFash January 2, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I love that rather than just adding a pin, you have a picture and dated note on your adventure map. It’s going to be so fun to reminisce on future anniversaries!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Cure For The Common Monday

11 Ruthie Hart January 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm

What a special day! Happy Anniversary!!

12 Heather @ For the Love of Kale January 2, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Happy Anniversary!!! :-)

I love your calendar idea. It makes me think of the MK&A movie where they threw the dart onto where they would visit next. Haha!
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..This Year

13 Chloe@LightOnMyFeet January 2, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Happy Anniversary! I love that idea of the adventure map! I’m definitely gonna start doing that :)
Chloe@LightOnMyFeet recently posted..Earnest Eats Review + Giveaway!

14 Maria@La_Piattini January 2, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Aww Happy Anniversary to you and Jay! This was such a cute post. I love that paper anniversary gift idea- may steal hehe!
Maria@La_Piattini recently posted..Welcome 2012

15 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Happy anniversary! My guess is DC with the “it’s not a state” reference ;)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..My favorite cardio & strength workouts

16 Dusty @ Running to Healthy January 2, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Happy Anniversary!!

17 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 2, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I loooove that map idea Courtney!! So cool :)
And happy anniversary!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..My Goals for 2012

18 Elaine Mundy Pry January 2, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I love your blog …so positive and upbeat. My husband and I just celebrated our 13th anniversary. We have a happy and successful match. I wish you as much happiness as I have enjoyed.
EMP

19 Jaima January 2, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Happy Anniversary! I celebrated by making your chocolate nutella cookies. Holy yum!
Jaima recently posted..EDitorial: Fear

20 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy January 2, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Happy Anniversary! I love your first year anniversary gift!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..New Year, New Beginnings

21 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 2, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Happy anniversary! Lord knows those poor men have to deal with a lot from us ladies!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..roasted green cabbage

22 Molly January 2, 2012 at 2:25 pm

congrats on two years!
Molly recently posted..Arrowhead Mills

23 Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) January 2, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Happy anniversary! :)

24 Jennifer@knackfornutrition January 2, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Happy Anniversary!! Mazel mazel mazel! Y’all are adorable together!
Jennifer@knackfornutrition recently posted..New Years Day

25 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 2, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Love the idea of the traveling gift! Happy Anniversary!

26 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 2, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Happy Anniversary! Love the first photo; so cute!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Happy New Year

27 Paige @ Running Around Normal January 2, 2012 at 3:10 pm

I LOVE that map idea, Courtney! That’s really neat :)
Happy anniversary!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..It’s So Bare!

28 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath January 2, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Happy Anniversary!! :) You guys make such a cute couple!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Blog Publicity

29 Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life January 2, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Happy anniversary girl!!! Are you baking anything delicious for your special day?

I love the idea of an adventure map! I might try and get one going for me and my husband! Super cute idea!
Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..New Years Resolutions

30 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes January 2, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Couples should not be this adorable ;)
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..In Which I Make An Old Lady Cry

31 Mary @ Bites and Bliss January 2, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Happy anniversary! I love the map idea. So cute. :)

32 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 2, 2012 at 5:12 pm

happy anniversary you two!! wishing you many more years of happiness:)

33 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health January 2, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Aww, happy anniversary to you two!!! I hope you have an amazing evening celebrating together :D
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Wedding Date and Venue

34 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness January 2, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Happy Anniversary! The adventure map is such a cute idea!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..2012

35 Jana January 2, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Happy anniversary! What a great idea of getting a new comforter for the cotton anniversary! I really like your paper gift as well. What a fun way to reminisce your travels without even opening up a single photo album !
Jana recently posted..What’s to come in 2012?

36 Nicole January 2, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Happy anniversary! Love the map, it’s a great way to reminisce! I recently did something similar, with a mounted and framed world map and push pins. It’s so fun to look at and remember the fun places we’ve traveled to!

37 Alysha @shesontherun.com January 2, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Happy Anniversary! I love the map idea.
Alysha @shesontherun.com recently posted..Kitchen Makeover

38 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 2, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Happy 2nd Anniversary! That map idea is so cute, but you definitely should try to get in on the West, especially if you’re ski/snowboarding people ;)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Happy New Year!

39 Ellie@Fit for the soul January 2, 2012 at 8:21 pm

awww happy anniversary, you two!! :D What a cute couple you guys are, and I love your hair from your wedding!! Even though I’m not married yet (will be in 2months), I already feel like my fiance and I have known each other since forever, too. Weird how that works huh?
And that map idea is so genius!!! I think I will “steal” that idea in the future :P
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Grateful for New Beginnings

40 Sara @ RunnerWife January 2, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Happy Anniversary!!!! Enjoy the day! Love the map idea – I may have to steal that in 6 months! :)
Sara @ RunnerWife recently posted..Garminless Run

41 Tina @ Best Body Fitness January 2, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Happy 2 years! And I still love the travel idea. I’m pushing a similar notion onto Peter after all our travel together this year. I want to keep it up!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..A New Addition To The Family

42 Karlee @ BringingBackBalance January 3, 2012 at 2:45 am

Congrats on your 2 year anniversary!

I love your map idea! I may have to steal it :P
Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..Eat My Balls!

43 Sabine January 3, 2012 at 7:34 am

Happy 2nd Anniversary, Courtney, and all the best wishes for 2012!! Make your dreams come true!

I am looking forward to reading about your “life’s adventures” on your blog, to trying some of your recipes and to feeling inspired by the workouts you do!
Thanks for sharing with us! :)

44 Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly January 3, 2012 at 8:54 am

Happy Anniversary to the both of you! Hope you two enjoyed your special day together :)
Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly recently posted..All I Want For Chrismukkah

45 Laura @ Unchartered 20s January 4, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Aww happy anniversary!!

PS… i remember you making that gift which means I’ve been a reader for a year!! haha ..happy anniversary to.. us? jk creepy :)

46 Courtney January 5, 2012 at 10:19 am

Haha, not creepy at all!! I’ve definitely been seeing you around here for a while now ;)
Thanks so much for reading!! xoxo