Can’t Help But Crack Up

by Courtney on January 5, 2012

Well gooooood morning! We’ve made it to Thursday…already. Anyone else finding this week movin’ rather quickly? Hey, I’m not complaining.

Workout

Being Thursday and all, I headed out bright and early (in the oh, I don’t know, 5 degree weather) for some BodyPump. Today’s class seemed super challenging, which I’m attributing to it being 2+ weeks since I’ve last taken a class. I’m still not loving the music, but I do love the burn!

Oh yeah, and to fill you guys in…remember when I took that Focusmaster class last Thursday and was contemplating joining? Well, I decided against it. As great as the class was, I just couldn’t guarantee that I would commit and make it worth my while. And even though it was a good deal, I really didn’t feel like shelling out the extra moola. Maybe I’ll do another drop in class here or there…who knows?

Breakfast

Well would ya look at that? Look what’s making a return into the breakfast rotation…

The cereal combo! Today’s bowl included (mostly) Kashi Go Lean, a sprinkling of mallow oats, loads of blueberries, unsweetened almond milk, and chia seeds.

(Shhh, don’t tell Jim about the marshmallows…I’m pretty sure they’re not a part of the plan. But it’s okay, I only used a sprinkling).

One cool thing to note, however, is that Jim did give my chia seeds a thumbs up. He’s a big fan of incorporating chia seeds and recommends consuming one serving a day. Saweeet!

And I totally forgot to mention this sooner, but aren’t these placemats pretty? They’re totally spring time, but who says you can’t decorate for spring in the beginning of January, right?

My MIL actually got these placemats and matching napkins for us for our anniversary. It was her “spin” on the cotton anniversary, which I thought was very clever. Winking smile

Pretty AND delicious. Holla!

*****

Okay, now on a totally different note before I go…has anyone seen the latest Geico commercial with Maxwell the pig on the zip line?

I’m pretty sure I get it from my dad, but anytime there’s any sort of humor with animals involved, I just can’t help but crack right up. Magazine ads (the ones with the cat and the litter box), commercials, and movies are all equally funny.

But I think between me and my dad, our favorite humorous animal would have to be the gopher from Caddyshack.

My dad even has a replica on his desk at work that plays music and dances. Absolutely hilarious!

Questions for the Morning:

What kind of humor do you enjoy most?

Are there any other animal ads/commercials/movies that are super funny?

1 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 5, 2012 at 9:34 am

I still love the target lady commercials. AND the e-trade baby commercials, especially the following:

“apparently riding the dog like a horse is FROWNED UPON in this ESTABLISHMENT.”
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..How to Beat the Resolutioners

2 Kathryn January 5, 2012 at 10:55 am

That’s my mom’s favorite commercial! Anytime she’s in trouble, that’s what she posts on FB, lol. LOVE IT!
Kathryn recently posted..2012, Here We Come!

3 Mallory @ Have your cake January 5, 2012 at 9:36 am

i love kashi go lean! so much protein and it’s so crunchy. my ex used to call it the “twig” cereal because of the little fiber pieces… he thought they both looked like and tasted like sticks. LOL.
Mallory @ Have your cake recently posted..The Required 2012 Goals Post

4 Courtney January 5, 2012 at 10:14 am

That sounds exactly like something my husband would say…actually, I’m pretty sure he has ;)

5 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 5, 2012 at 9:39 am

haha the stupid animal commercials get me, too! How long has it been since the gecko has been on Geico commericals, and he STILL amuses me. Then again, it doesn’t take much to amuse me.

6 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat January 5, 2012 at 9:45 am

OMG I haven’t seen that commercial yet but I’m scared to watch it here and work and burst out laughing. Definitely checking it out once I get home. ;)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Lightened Up Pumpkin Coffee Cake

7 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life January 5, 2012 at 9:52 am

I love commercials with funny kids – especially the Etrade babies. That milkaholic Lindsey wasn’t over right? I also love the Geico gecko, especially the New York one – Want to park all your vehicles? Fuhgeddaboudit!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..First WIAW of 2012

8 Jana January 5, 2012 at 9:57 am

I love the Geico commercial with the pig who
“Wee wee wee’s” the whole ride home. Ha I totally forget the whole purpose gir the pig, but it makes me crack up every time!http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=8F_G2zp-opg
Jana recently posted..Puppy Love

9 Lindsey January 5, 2012 at 10:00 am

I love that gopher, I had a stuffed animal when I was younger that looked just like him! And Caddyshack was a favorite movie of mine when I was younger too!
Lindsey recently posted..I Heart Coffee

10 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health January 5, 2012 at 10:01 am

Hahahahah that is too funny. You have to see these animal pins that I found on pinterest- they literally made me laugh out loud and my roommate was questioning my sanity ;)
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..New Strength Workout for the Whole Body

11 Courtney January 5, 2012 at 10:13 am

LOL…I just went and repinned all three of those. They are GREAT!

12 JN January 5, 2012 at 10:01 am

LOL, I just saw this commercial for the first time this morning. I loved the first one, and this one is just as annoying with the “Weee, weee, weee!’ all the way down the zip line. :)

13 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 5, 2012 at 10:09 am

I LOVE animal humor. it is probably my favorite. Or hilarious dancing!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..My Dog Will Cut You.

14 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie January 5, 2012 at 10:20 am

The target lady always cracks me up!
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..WIAW

15 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 5, 2012 at 10:21 am

I love animal humor too – I actually love those commercials with the rapping hamsters.

16 Ashley @ Freckles & Spice January 5, 2012 at 10:28 am

I love cereal combos, especially with like an entire pint of blueberries.
That pig commercial actually drives me nuts. I’m all for funny animals, but that noise just makes me cringe.
Ashley @ Freckles & Spice recently posted..Trading in the Bench for the Beside

17 Elizabeth January 5, 2012 at 10:29 am

I can’t tell if you think 5 degrees is cold or not :P It’s -20 where I live right now! Which really, really sucks ….

18 Tina @ Best Body Fitness January 5, 2012 at 10:52 am

That commercial cracked me up too! Love that pig.

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 5, 2012 at 10:56 am

Those commercials crack me up, too!

20 Kathryn January 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

Hmm, my favorite animal commercials would be the Bush’s Baked Beans with Duke the dog, who’s always trying to see the secret family recipe. However, my favorite commercials right now involve the Allstate Mayhem guy, with this one being my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thzUR_mq6OY

21 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony January 5, 2012 at 11:52 am

I haven’t had a bowl of cereal in such a long time! Time for me to bring it back into my rotation too! :)
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Gimme S’more

22 Kristin @ FoodFash January 5, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Ohhh I’m probably going to have to be on the hunt for Mallow Oats this weekend! My week is speeding along as well, and I’m totally not complaining :)
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Twenty Twelve Hair

23 Hope January 5, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I seriously love that Geico pig! I had no clue that they made another commercial with him. Thanks for posting :)
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Our Engagement Pictures…

24 Khushboo January 5, 2012 at 1:21 pm

After all the festivities I was dreading going back to full-on work this week…thank goodness it has flown by..although scarily fast!
Khushboo recently posted..On the rebound

25 Kim January 5, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Oh my goodness, please tell me that you’ve seen those old Blockbuster commercials with “Carl and Ray” the guinea pig and rabbit???
They are hilarious! I thought they were so funny, my parents bought me talking Carl/Ray stuffed animals one year lol.
Kim recently posted..Peace Out, 2011

26 erica January 5, 2012 at 2:30 pm

i love that commercial!!! weeeeeeeeee! weeeeeeee! cracks me up all the time. hahaha.
erica recently posted..starting the year off right

27 Shannon January 5, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I think it’s weird that Maxwell can say “weeeeeeee” at a high pitch, but when it comes to normal speaking voice, it is extremely deep. When that change happens on those Geico commercials, I get freaked out each time. :(

I still like the Aflac Duck commercials and the woodchuck GEICO commercial. When the Aflac Duck became a Macy’s parade balloon, I was so estatic!
Shannon recently posted..New Year’s Fill-Ins