Only Seven Minutes

Alrighty, let’s start out with some fun stuff this afternoon.

Let’s announce the three winners of my “Working Out Sucks” giveaway. Congratulations to…

Winner #1 – Karla

win1

Winner #2 – Alicia

win2

Winner #3 – Lauren

win3

**Winners: Email me at sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com so we can get you squared away!

Thanks again to everyone who entered! If you weren’t one of the lucky three to be chosen but are still interested in the book, I really would highly recommend it. You can find it on Amazon for right around $10.00, which isn’t too shabby, right?

*****

So I was super pressed for time this morning, and didn’t have too much time to get creative with the snacks. You’re definitely going to see some repeats from this week but I was super impressed with the fact that I was able to put this all together in about 7 minutes…no joke.

Just goes to show ya…eating right doesn’t have to mean taking more time. It can be done! Winking smile

Mid-Morning Snack

A cup of vanilla Chobani with blueberries

Lunch

A huge salad made with lots of veggies (cucumbers, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, broccoli, scallions, and corn) and topped with a Dr. Praeger’s veggie burger.

I also decided to go sans salad dressing and try out hummus instead. I’m pretty sure I’ve done this in the past but I can’t remember for sure. I used about 2 tbsp which was just enough to coat everything and make it super creamy. It was awesome.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

(for a little later) A golden delicious apple and roasted almonds

I’m still not quite sure what our plans for this evening include, but if they end up being low-key, then I am totally fine with that. I’m still feeling pretty tired and may, in fact, have to try to squeeze in a nap after work today. Naps are not a normal thing for me, since I usually end up waking up more groggy than I was before I fell asleep, but I am just craving some more zzz’s right now. We’ll see!

Question for the Afternoon:

How long does it usually take you to prep your breakfast/lunch/dinner?

Do you think you could give yourself more time than you already do?

Comments

There’s this vegetarian falafel place in NYC called Maoz–I looove their salads and I just get hummus on them instead of dressing. It’s healthy and so much more filling than regular salad dressing.
    Brigitt recently posted..Rockin’ Phase 1

I prep my work lunch/snacks the night before and it only takes me about 10 minutes, maybe 15 if I’m chopping my salad slowly haha. Blueberries are a standard snack for me lately, only I do cottage cheese instead of yogurt. Salads are also my standard lunch. I see lots of similarities!

I love using things other than dressing on my salads. I never use dressing unless at a restaurant since that’s usually my only option, and even then I sometimes use salsa, like at Ruby Tuesday’s (they have salsa in their salad bar). I like to use cottage cheese, hummus, or salsa as a dressing substitute.
    Caitlin C. recently posted..Rest Days, Christmas Day, and Too-Jay’s

I acutally never use dressings, I do use balsamic but that is ithe closest thing I’ll get to a dressing. Your salad looks delicious! ……I was going to have a low key evening but just found out that my sister and her two kiddos are coming over! YAY! Date night with my 2 year old nephew- Cars 2 & popcorn is totally on the menu! :) Can’t wait for my wild night!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Fajita Roasted Chickpeas –Bet you can’t eat just 48–

4. marci blumenfeld says

I am glad to see I am not the only one who has to portion out my Almonds for work – i pack a small handful almost every morning to bring to work as my snack, and a co-worker once asked me why i didnt just keep the whole jar at work… i am SO bad at self control with almonds/nuts in general!

nice job on being so speedy with packing your eats for the day! i usually try to have things on hand that are quick and easy to pack for lunches (i.e. pieces of fruit, yogurt, baby carrots, etc.), so the most work i have to put into packing my lunch is the sandwich or salad i make which i also make pretty simple most of the time. i’d say it takes me 5-10 mins to pack my lunch. when i’m not working and at home, i usually put more time into preparing it.
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Ashley’s Random Friday Morning Thoughts

Breakfast and lunch usually takes me 10 minutes to prep, snacks maybe 5 minutes. Supper during the week has to be quick, since we do not get home from the gym till almost 7pm so we aim for under 30 mins. But on weekend I will make recipes that take longer since I have the extra time.
    Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

Hmm probably about 10 minutes, depending on what I going to have to eat that day. I try to do it the night before, but it doesn’t always work out that way. If I don’t do it the night before, I have some sort of idea what I want to eat.

Salad looks super yummy! I am gonna have to get me some of those veggie burgers. :)
    Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Oh Holy Cow!

I actually enjoy making my breakfast in the morning which can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. I actually wake up a little earlier than I need to just so I can start my day relaxed while eating breakfast and watching the today show after my workout. My lunch is usually leftovers from dinner do I just pack up my lunch container when I am putting away the leftovers.
    Jana recently posted..Easy as Pie

For some reason I have never tried hummus instead of salad dressing but it sounds fantastic. Thank you for spicing up my salads next week! It usually takes me about 10 minutes to pack my husbands lunch, my lunch and make breakfast! Speedy speedy, mainly because he eats the same thing every day! LOL
    Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous recently posted..Inspiration for 2012

Breakfast is always quick – probably 5-10 minutes. Lunch is my least favorite to prepare, so I always try and do it as soon as possible after getting home from work so I don’t have to think about it for the rest of the night. Since I eat the same thing almost every day, it probably only takes me about 10 minutes, but for some reason it’s still one of my least favorite chores :-)
    Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..2012 Goals

I have to prep my breakfast & lunch the night before or else I’d never get out the door on time! If I’m preparing something a little more elaborate for dinner, I usually start prepping/chopping veggies when I get home from work & finish it up once I actually start cooking.
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Taking the Plunge

About 5 minutes for breakfast- I’m in a rush to get out for the bus in time at 7:10 am. I just pop an Eggo Buttermilk waffle in the toaster, and when it’s warm or light enough that I will eat it, then breakfast is served.

Lunch is packed in about five minutes too; I usually take turkey, a Lofthouse cookie (or some other type of dessert) and a bottle of water.

Dinner is more like half an hour or so- it depends on the meal. There is 6 of us in our family so we have to make sure there is enough for everyone!
    Shannon recently posted..New Year’s Fill-Ins