Peanut Buttery Delight

Holy dark circles and bags under the eyes this morning, Batman!

It’s my own fault, since I stayed up way later than I should have watching Jersey Shore last night. Yes, apparently the crazy inside of me just couldn’t wait to DVR it and watch it tonight. Ooof.

While we waited for our trash TV to come on, I enjoyed a little evening snack while lounging in the cozies.

(creeper alert) Disappointed smile

I had a hot mug of Nutcracker Sweet tea and a rice cake topped with a smear of peanut butter and some apple cinnamon jelly. It was perfectly delicious and fulfilled any cravings I may have had.

So, needless to say, there were no workouts on the agenda for this morning thanks to my late bedtime last night. I’ve actually been using Fridays & Sundays as my rest days these past couple of weeks and it’s working out quite well, so I think I’m gonna stick with it.

Breakfast

You know, I realized something this morning…

I’m pretty sure that I have been using way less than 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on my English muffins in the morning. I only say that because I actually measured out today’s serving of 1 tablespoon (I usually just eyeball it and/or use just enough to coat the top) and my oh my was this a plate of peanut buttery delight!

This breakfast has definitely got my day off to a great start!

*****

A couple quick things…

Happy Friday!!

Question for the Morning:

Do you ever measure any servings of your food (peanut butter, crackers, etc.) or do you just eyeball it?

Comments

I usually measure out foods that are easy to go overboard on like cereal in the morning, especially granola! Oh man, ice cream is another thing I usually measure. I may try to convince myself it’s a half cup serving when I know it’s more like 2 servings! Whoever came up with ice cream as a half cup serving must be a comedian.. :-) I usually just eyeball my meal portions though and try to use smaller plates when available to keep my portions reasonable.
    Jana recently posted..Easy as Pie

2. Laura @ Backstage Balance says

Too funny – I also stayed up late watching Jersey Shore! I had to work until 9:30 and once I got home, decided I just couldn’t wait until tomorrow. And then I watched a DVR’d episode of Teen Mom 2!
    Laura @ Backstage Balance recently posted..3:30am, at work.

3. Briana says

I have a quick question. At night I have become so programmed to have a “dessert”. This isn’t a huge problem as sometimes it’s actually healthy. The only problem is that it triggers me to keep eating when I’m not even hungry! Do you ever come across that problem or if not how do you control yourself?

• Courtney says

Haha, oh DEFINITELY! That was pretty much the story of my life! Now that I’m on the new plan, that’s actually doing a surprisingly good job of keeping me in check. I’m already noticing, after only 4-5 days, that it’s much easier for me to say “NO!”

4. Laurie says

Thoughts on the Shore? I didn’t watch it yet because I was so disappointed with the Italy season (yes, I have seen every episode of every season). What do you think? Should I not give up on our little meatball friends?

5. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

I measure out my oats just so that I have the right oat to liquid ratio. I hate watery oats! I rarely measure out other things, but I do have a chart on Pinterest that shows you how to eyeball servings with your hands, which is pretty cool.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Blueberry Pierogi and Cardio Circuits

i NEVER use the amount of condiment suggested as serving size, i realized a few months ago. For someone who’s all about sauce and spreads, this REALLY shocked me. But then i was REALLY happy when I realized how many calories I’m actually saving on the things that aren’t really full of any nutrients (but full of so much flavor!)
    Heather recently posted..Create Space for Passions

• Courtney says

I don’t think it necesarily matters WHEN your rest days are…I think that’s more a matter of personal preference. I like having 1-2 rest days per week, which is very similar to what I read with NASM, too :)

Yummy! I need to start measuring, to stop the constant scooping that i do. I am curious, are you a personal trainer now? I noticed that you were studying for the exam last year : )