That Ish Is Spicy

Sooo excited for the weekend. I’m definitely ready for a little fun, a little relaxation, and a little playing catch-up with all of the things I inevitably never get to during the week. Ehh, it happens.

Last night when I got home from work, I had a HUGE hankering for certain something special for dinner. Luckily, it only took one mention of the place, Jay was on board, and we were there in no time…

One of the great things about being on my new nutrition plan is that I’m already getting used to what I should look to incorporate in each of my meals. Just because I was going to Chipotle, that didn’t mean that I couldn’t stick with the plan!

I ordered my usual (Chicken Burrito Bowl) with brown rice (one scoop instead of two), black beans, and LOTS of veggies (no cheese or sour cream, a little bit of guac on the side, please!) I pretty much told them to load up on everything veggie-based that they had; this meant I also got a generous helping of their roasted chili-corn salsa

Holy crap that ish is spicy! My mouth was on fi-ahhh! Surprised smile

Jay just assumed I was being a wimp like I usually am with anything remotely spicy, but when the manager came around asking how everything was, I made sure to ask him just what the deal was. That stuff is not only made with jalapenos, but poblano peppers too. Man oh MAN!

Despite my mouth feeling like it was about 1000 degrees (okay, I’m exaggerating now), I still managed to make it through the whole bowl. Absolutely delicious.

This morning, I woke up and headed on over to the gym to take a class. On my way there, I munched on a little pre-workout snack. I love my Clif Z Bars (they’re my favorite pre-workout snack) and was ecstatic when I saw this NEW Iced Oatmeal Cookie flavor at Target yesterday.

I kid you not, it tasted just like a flippin’ oatmeal cookie. SOOOO good!

(Not so good, on the other hand, is my shellac manicure that is growing out at a rather rapid rate…)

So I was originally thinking about dropping in for another Focusmaster class today, but I ended up deciding on BodyAttack instead. It’d been ages since I last took a class and I almost forgot just how amazing of a workout it is. Holy sweat buckets!

On my home, I got the urge to stop at my favorite coffee shop for a little treat. Today’s coffee flavor of choice was Mudslide. Yup, I probably don’t need to say much more than that, right? Winking smile

As soon as I walked through the door I went right to work on breakfast. I was a Starvin’ Marvin’!

Today’s breakfast included a veggie scramble made with green peppers, scallions, and tomatoes. It’s probably one of the ugliest scrambles I’ve ever made, thank you very much.

I guess that’s what I get for not paying attention. Hey, at least I didn’t burn my bagel!

I (perfectly) toasted a whole wheat mini bagel and topped it with a little peanut butter (maybe about 1 tsp per half?). It was super.

Now I think it’s about time for me to go shower because, I don’t know about you, but sitting around in sweaty workout clothes is probably one of the most uncomfortable feelings EVER. Eeeeewww.

Questions for the Morning:

What’s a workout that you haven’t done in a while that you’d like to bring back? (Now that you’ve figured it out…go ahead and DO it!)

What’s the spiciest thing you’ve ever eaten? Did you love it or hate it?

i’ve requested “extra” of that corn salsa at chipotle before too not knowing that it was so SPICY. it truly is no whimp’s salsa! i like the little “kick” it gives though.

i miss BodyPump A LOT… it looks like they have a class very similar to it at the new gym i’ve been looking at joining, so i hope to make it to the class every so often! what does BodyAttack entail? is it a Les Mills class like BodyPump?
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Night To Myself

• Courtney says

BodyAttack is a les mills class but it’s nothing like Pump. It is ALL cardio and is probably one of the biggest calorie-burners of the les mills classes. It is a GREAT workout!! Lots of movement.

Is it weird that I am not super impressed by Chipotle? Everyone thinks I’m crazy, but I’ve been there once and thought I could make a better mexican salad myself. Anyway, I am the biggest wimp when it comes to spicy foods! Noo spicy for me.

Ever hear of Turbo Jam?? I haven’t done that one in a while.

I love spicy foods, but I don’t like them to make my nose run, or to make me sweat! :) I can remember being in Mexico and taking a bite of something that I wasn’t too sure about and it was hot!! Oh!! It was green salsa. There, the green is hot and the red is mild… Let’s just say I quickly switched to red. :)
    Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Second run and a faster pace!

In college I took regular Yoga classes and loved the way my body felt strong and lean, while my mind felt rested!
    I am a spicy wimp, so probably anything a normal person thinks is just a little hot, I think it’s on fire! I guess the hottest thing I’ve ate was chicken and vegetables from a local Thai restaurant. The spicy scale was 1-10, and I ordered a 3. Let’s just say from then on I order a 1! Ha
    Jana recently posted..Easy as Pie

Mmm I LOVE Chipotle! The spiciest thing I ever ate was a pork green chile stew that I made. I didn’t know that serrano peppers were (way) spicier than jalapenos and added like 2 + 2 jalapenos. It was so spicy I started crying, and I normally eat EVERYTHING spicy. I had to pick out the tiny bits of peppers, drain most of the liquid, add black beans + corn + water, and recook it to make it edible.
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Dinner Like a Pauper?

6. Karlee @ BringingBackBalance says

Mmm I loove spicy food! The more hot sauce the better! I haven’t done any type of strength training, because I didn’t have access to a free gym while at home. On Monday when school starts I’ll get right back at it!
    Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..The Time I Said it Wouldn’t Happen to Me

This is too crazy! I found the same Iced Oatmeal Clif Z bars at Target yesterday, as well, and had one for breakfast this morning. One word: OBSESSED! It tasted just like a cookie :) I also love the new “Smores” flavor as well! My friends make fun of me for eating the “kids” nutrition bars haha
    Caitlin @ Southern Curls and Pearls recently posted..A New Addition..

I love that chipotle now has brown rice! You look so cute in your glasses btw! And I need to try that bar…it sounds absolutely delicious! One workout that I miss is spinning- the classes at my gym are just never at times that work with my schedule, but hopefully I can do one here soon!
    Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..My First Vlog

I agree with you on the Chipotle corn salsa – it’s freaking spicy! I didn’t realize it had all those peppers on it. No wonder my nose is always running when I eat it! A friend of mine got me hooked on squeezing a lime over my salad. You should try it – it’s super good!
    Shelly recently posted..I Can Have a Successful Friday Night!

I was totally thinking about how good that scramble looked until you called it ugly! It still looks super tasty and you can’t even tell that bagel is a mini! The whole thing looks awesome! But how do you only use a teaspoon of peanut butter?!?!?!? Just to make this comment extra long, I have a question too. I love the Chris Freytag DVD that you reviewed. Do you have any other recommendations for similar workout DVDs?
    Shana recently posted..Hot for Teacher

• Courtney says

Haha, I was thinking the same thing about it not looking all that mini in the picture…but it definitely is (hence the reason I can only use 1 tsp of PB!)

I don’t know if any of these DVD’s are very similar to Chris Freytag, but here is a post that includes some of my favorite workout dvd’s:

I actually think that the 10lb Slimdown DVD was just on sale this weekend on QVC? You might want to check it out! :)

11. briana says

LOVE body attack! I miss it terribly I took it all the time in college at Gold’s Gym, but now my new gym doesn’t have any classes. Such a bummer!

• Courtney says

Okay Amber…today, you need to go to the store, buy some bagels and peanut butter, and eat it ASAP. It will change your life. 😉