That Ish Is Spicy

by Courtney on January 7, 2012

Sooo excited for the weekend. I’m definitely ready for a little fun, a little relaxation, and a little playing catch-up with all of the things I inevitably never get to during the week. Ehh, it happens.

Last night when I got home from work, I had a HUGE hankering for certain something special for dinner. Luckily, it only took one mention of the place, Jay was on board, and we were there in no time…

Chipotle!

One of the great things about being on my new nutrition plan is that I’m already getting used to what I should look to incorporate in each of my meals. Just because I was going to Chipotle, that didn’t mean that I couldn’t stick with the plan!

I ordered my usual (Chicken Burrito Bowl) with brown rice (one scoop instead of two), black beans, and LOTS of veggies (no cheese or sour cream, a little bit of guac on the side, please!) I pretty much told them to load up on everything veggie-based that they had; this meant I also got a generous helping of their roasted chili-corn salsa

Holy crap that ish is spicy! My mouth was on fi-ahhh! Surprised smile

Jay just assumed I was being a wimp like I usually am with anything remotely spicy, but when the manager came around asking how everything was, I made sure to ask him just what the deal was. That stuff is not only made with jalapenos, but poblano peppers too. Man oh MAN!

Despite my mouth feeling like it was about 1000 degrees (okay, I’m exaggerating now), I still managed to make it through the whole bowl. Absolutely delicious.

*****

This morning, I woke up and headed on over to the gym to take a class. On my way there, I munched on a little pre-workout snack. I love my Clif Z Bars (they’re my favorite pre-workout snack) and was ecstatic when I saw this NEW Iced Oatmeal Cookie flavor at Target yesterday.

I kid you not, it tasted just like a flippin’ oatmeal cookie. SOOOO good!

(Not so good, on the other hand, is my shellac manicure that is growing out at a rather rapid rate…)

Workout

So I was originally thinking about dropping in for another Focusmaster class today, but I ended up deciding on BodyAttack instead. It’d been ages since I last took a class and I almost forgot just how amazing of a workout it is. Holy sweat buckets!

On my home, I got the urge to stop at my favorite coffee shop for a little treat. Today’s coffee flavor of choice was Mudslide. Yup, I probably don’t need to say much more than that, right? Winking smile

As soon as I walked through the door I went right to work on breakfast. I was a Starvin’ Marvin’!

Today’s breakfast included a veggie scramble made with green peppers, scallions, and tomatoes. It’s probably one of the ugliest scrambles I’ve ever made, thank you very much.

I guess that’s what I get for not paying attention. Hey, at least I didn’t burn my bagel!

I (perfectly) toasted a whole wheat mini bagel and topped it with a little peanut butter (maybe about 1 tsp per half?). It was super.

Now I think it’s about time for me to go shower because, I don’t know about you, but sitting around in sweaty workout clothes is probably one of the most uncomfortable feelings EVER. Eeeeewww.

Questions for the Morning:

What’s a workout that you haven’t done in a while that you’d like to bring back? (Now that you’ve figured it out…go ahead and DO it!)

What’s the spiciest thing you’ve ever eaten? Did you love it or hate it?

1 Khushboo January 7, 2012 at 11:12 am

Jealous you had Chipotle! I need to bring spinning back into my life- it hurts so good!

2 Shannon January 7, 2012 at 11:33 am

One of the spiciest things I’ve eaten is Pancho’s salsa. It is delicious but it is sure as heck spicy! I really want to go back soon; I haven’t been there in forever.
Shannon recently posted..New Year’s Fill-Ins

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 7, 2012 at 11:55 am

i’ve requested “extra” of that corn salsa at chipotle before too not knowing that it was so SPICY. it truly is no whimp’s salsa! i like the little “kick” it gives though.

i miss BodyPump A LOT… it looks like they have a class very similar to it at the new gym i’ve been looking at joining, so i hope to make it to the class every so often! what does BodyAttack entail? is it a Les Mills class like BodyPump?
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Night To Myself

4 Courtney January 9, 2012 at 10:34 am

BodyAttack is a les mills class but it’s nothing like Pump. It is ALL cardio and is probably one of the biggest calorie-burners of the les mills classes. It is a GREAT workout!! Lots of movement.

5 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 7, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Is it weird that I am not super impressed by Chipotle? Everyone thinks I’m crazy, but I’ve been there once and thought I could make a better mexican salad myself. Anyway, I am the biggest wimp when it comes to spicy foods! Noo spicy for me.

6 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 7, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Ever hear of Turbo Jam?? I haven’t done that one in a while.

I love spicy foods, but I don’t like them to make my nose run, or to make me sweat! :) I can remember being in Mexico and taking a bite of something that I wasn’t too sure about and it was hot!! Oh!! It was green salsa. There, the green is hot and the red is mild… Let’s just say I quickly switched to red. :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Second run and a faster pace!

7 Courtney January 9, 2012 at 10:32 am

I have heard of it, but never tried it. I hear it’s a great workout, though!

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 7, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Chipotle is my husband’s obsession. I think we’re going there later today, actually … but we usually get his burrito to go, and then head over to Panera for me. ;) I’m OK with Chipotle, but I don’t love it like he does!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Don’t Make Me Go Back.

9 Jana January 7, 2012 at 12:22 pm

In college I took regular Yoga classes and loved the way my body felt strong and lean, while my mind felt rested!
I am a spicy wimp, so probably anything a normal person thinks is just a little hot, I think it’s on fire! I guess the hottest thing I’ve ate was chicken and vegetables from a local Thai restaurant. The spicy scale was 1-10, and I ordered a 3. Let’s just say from then on I order a 1! Ha
Jana recently posted..Easy as Pie

10 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill January 7, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I love spicy things, but I don’t like when my meal is so spicy that I can’t even enjoy it! Either that, or I have to sip on my drink between every bite!

11 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 7, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Mmm I LOVE Chipotle! The spiciest thing I ever ate was a pork green chile stew that I made. I didn’t know that serrano peppers were (way) spicier than jalapenos and added like 2 + 2 jalapenos. It was so spicy I started crying, and I normally eat EVERYTHING spicy. I had to pick out the tiny bits of peppers, drain most of the liquid, add black beans + corn + water, and recook it to make it edible.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Dinner Like a Pauper?

12 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 7, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I’d like to start doing hot yoga regularly, but it’s just too darn $$$
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..gluten-free {oat flour} brownies.

13 Karlee @ BringingBackBalance January 7, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Mmm I loove spicy food! The more hot sauce the better! I haven’t done any type of strength training, because I didn’t have access to a free gym while at home. On Monday when school starts I’ll get right back at it!
Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..The Time I Said it Wouldn’t Happen to Me

14 Lauren January 7, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Okay now I am on a mission for that cliff bar. Oatmeal cookies are my FAVORITE.
Lauren recently posted..In Sickness and in Health…..

15 Courtney January 9, 2012 at 10:31 am

OMG Lauren, you have to find them. They are AWESOME!!

16 Michelle (Better with Berries) January 7, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I haven’t played tennis in SO long. Luckily my brother is home and it’s gorgeous outside, so we’re going to play this afternoon! Enjoy your weekend!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Dessert Detox

17 Caitlin @ Southern Curls and Pearls January 7, 2012 at 1:55 pm

This is too crazy! I found the same Iced Oatmeal Clif Z bars at Target yesterday, as well, and had one for breakfast this morning. One word: OBSESSED! It tasted just like a cookie :) I also love the new “Smores” flavor as well! My friends make fun of me for eating the “kids” nutrition bars haha
Caitlin @ Southern Curls and Pearls recently posted..A New Addition..

18 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 7, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I always forget how much I love Attack when I go!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Cotton Bowl & Modern Family Encounter!

19 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 7, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I absolutely cannot do spicy foods! I’m a major wimp too & will have to down like 3 glasses of water to get through a few bites!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Taking the Plunge

20 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 7, 2012 at 2:33 pm

whenever I get chipotle for dinner my mouth is always on fire! I love spicy foods though so I really don’t mind:)

21 Kellie Wagner January 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Zumba! I took it over my Thanksgiving and Christmas break and want to work it into a regular schedule. It’s crazy popular at the gym right now. It’s hard to even get a place to dance! :)
Kellie Wagner recently posted..Favorite Books of 2011

22 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health January 7, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I love that chipotle now has brown rice! You look so cute in your glasses btw! And I need to try that bar…it sounds absolutely delicious! One workout that I miss is spinning- the classes at my gym are just never at times that work with my schedule, but hopefully I can do one here soon!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..My First Vlog

23 Haley @ Fit, Young, and Fabulous January 7, 2012 at 3:02 pm

I looovee it Spicy! I like the burn (;

Chipotle looks SO delish! There is not one on my side of town, but there is a Moe’s! Dinner tonight? I’m thinking so! (:

There isn’t a workout class that I would like to bring back, but there is one I would love to try! Hoop Dancing! Hoolahooping as exercise?! I’m in!! (:
Haley @ Fit, Young, and Fabulous recently posted..Froyo Makes the World Go ‘Round

24 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness January 7, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I’ve never been to Chipotle, but dang that looks so good!!!!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..Believe

25 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 7, 2012 at 4:38 pm

That looks delish!
I. A huge wuss when it comes to spicy though!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Motivators & Inspiration

26 Shelly January 7, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I agree with you on the Chipotle corn salsa – it’s freaking spicy! I didn’t realize it had all those peppers on it. No wonder my nose is always running when I eat it! A friend of mine got me hooked on squeezing a lime over my salad. You should try it – it’s super good!
Shelly recently posted..I Can Have a Successful Friday Night!

27 Shana January 7, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I was totally thinking about how good that scramble looked until you called it ugly! It still looks super tasty and you can’t even tell that bagel is a mini! The whole thing looks awesome! But how do you only use a teaspoon of peanut butter?!?!?!? Just to make this comment extra long, I have a question too. I love the Chris Freytag DVD that you reviewed. Do you have any other recommendations for similar workout DVDs?
Shana recently posted..Hot for Teacher

28 Courtney January 9, 2012 at 10:22 am

Haha, I was thinking the same thing about it not looking all that mini in the picture…but it definitely is (hence the reason I can only use 1 tsp of PB!)

I don’t know if any of these DVD’s are very similar to Chris Freytag, but here is a post that includes some of my favorite workout dvd’s: http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/2011/05/20/my-favorite-workout-dvds/

I actually think that the 10lb Slimdown DVD was just on sale this weekend on QVC? You might want to check it out! :)

29 briana January 7, 2012 at 6:07 pm

LOVE body attack! I miss it terribly I took it all the time in college at Gold’s Gym, but now my new gym doesn’t have any classes. Such a bummer!

30 amber January 7, 2012 at 6:28 pm

OK believe it or not I have never had a bagel with peanut butter. Yours looks quite tasty and I will be giving that a try soon. Enjoyed your post.
amber recently posted..Circus Party Birthday Box Giveaway

31 Courtney January 9, 2012 at 10:17 am

Okay Amber…today, you need to go to the store, buy some bagels and peanut butter, and eat it ASAP. It will change your life. ;)

32 Michelle @ Blogitness January 8, 2012 at 9:44 am

Clif Kid bars are seriously the best. I don’t care if they say kid on them or not; I will continue to eat them!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..Showing Some Steeler Love!

33 Courtney January 9, 2012 at 10:16 am

Amen, sista! ;)

34 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 8, 2012 at 10:05 am

Gotta love chipotle! I’m not sure what the spiciest thing I’ve had lately is – I haven’t really been eating alot of spicy stuff maybe I should step it up a notch.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..I Had A Green Monster and a Gym FAIL

35 Katie @ Plates and Paste January 8, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I miss taking Zumba classes! My fav instructor moved away though so need to find another good one.
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Hands Need Exercise Too