Sake Madness

Last night was so much fun!

I had our holiday work party to attend with all of the girls from the salon, which started off at a new local restaurant, Sake Japanese Steakhouse. Our reservation was for a hibachi table, which is always a great form of entertainment!

I’ve been to hibachi restaurants a few different times, with my most memorable probably being on our honeymoon in St. Lucia. They’re really such a good time, and even better when you’re in good company…which I definitely was!

Our waiter’s name was Jason (anyone else find that surprising?) and he was definitely quite the showman…not to mention a little heavy-handed on the sake!

When we got to the restaurant, I was actually more in the mood for sushi than hibachi, so I ended up being the outcast of the table. But that doesn’t mean I didn’t steal all of my mom’s broccoli and a few bites of her rice though. Winking smile

I started with some miso soup (not pictured), an order of edamame (so, so good), and a couple sushi rolls.

One California roll, one Tuna roll.

While at dinner we also did a Secret Santa exchange, as well as one of those other exchanges where you can pick a new gift or steal from someone else’s…what’s that called again?? Either way, even though I ended up getting my first gift stolen from me ($25 each to Dunkin Donuts and Panera, no less!) I still made out like a bandit – $70.00 gift card to Sephora and $5.00 to Starbucks. WIN!! Open-mouthed smile

After dinner we went back to my boss’s house and continued the party for a few more hours. I ended up having a couple drinks there and I think that mixing that with the sake at dinner has made for a little bit of an…umm…let’s just say, tired morning.

Woops. It happens. So in regards to my nutrition plan, I’m going to call last night my “cheat meal,” only because of the extra alcohol that was involved. Other than that, I pretty much stuck with the recommendations that Jim gave to me for my dinner out (yup, I asked him!).

Breakfast

I woke up immediately craving water, Tylenol, coffee and a breakfast of egg and cheese, so that’s what I did.

Egg, provolone, and jam on two lightly toasted whole grain waffles.

Exactly what I needed on this fine Sunday morning. Smile

I’m off to go do the Sunday thing…which, honestly, I’m not even sure what that entails for today! Catch ya later!

Questions for the Morning:

Have you ever been to a hibachi restaurant?

What would be your top choice of a gift card to receive?

Comments

1. briana says

I love PAnera and Sephora and would love gift cards from there. Most of the gift cards I got this year from my preschoolers was Target which I love too :)

2. Lynn says

Chinese grab bag… fun stuff!

I went to that Sake Steakhouse for New Year’s Eve this year and was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was, especially after seeing other previous restaurants in that location not last. I actually think that it’s way better than Koto… Food, portions, prices and entertainment (hibachi chefs) at Sake are all fantastic!

Sake has been around my area a long, long time. That is actually where I went for sophomore and junior homecoming! Did they toss the shrimp at you while you tried to catch it in your mouth? My husband tried and actually burnt his mouth! Fun restaurant though, I went last weekend with my girlfriends and had the edamame as well and a veggie roll.
    My favorite gift card to receive is either to banana republic, whole foods or sephora!
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Easy as Pie

1. I have never been to a hibachi restaurant before.
    2. My top choice of a gift card to receive would either be Friendly’s or Panera Bread, or Olive Garden. (I currently have a $50 gift card to Friendly’s and Olive Garden that I have to use).
    Shannon recently posted..Here’s the plan

Those are great gift cards! I always love gift cards to Starbucks or the local mall – that way there are tons of options!
    I went to a Hibachi restaurant on our honeymoon cruise last January, it was a lot of fun! But we do not have any of those restaurants where we live.
    Lindsey recently posted..AM Yoga

my husband’s family always goes to those types of restaurants. it’s fun…especially now that his cousin’s kids are old enough to be in awe of the tricks the chef does, it’s fun to watch them watch the chef. :)

best gift card? i’d love a lululemon one! or starbucks is ALWAYS a winner!
    erica recently posted..starting the year off right

Oh man, that Sephora gift card was a steal (and we call it a white elephant gift exchange)! I don’t mind going to hibachi grills, but I prefer to go to a nice sushi dinner without all of the fire and jazz. A lot of the non-American-born Asian service workers take on American names since it’s easier for people to pronounce. Then, there are people like me who were born here and have an “American” name, so I don’t find it strange at all that his name was Jason.
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Long Run Sundays: Quit Playing Games

I’ve never been to a hibachi restaurant before, but it always looks like fun! There’s actually one pretty close to me, so I’ll have to try it out!

If I could receive a gift card to anywhere, I’d probably pick Target!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Puppy Love

9. Josefine says

Hey Courtney,

I just stumbled upon your blog a few days ago and I love reading it! You’re a great writer! Im on the tone it up nutrition plan so its right up my alley :-)
    I live in Copenhagen, Denmark – so maybe Im your first Danish reader?!

/Josefine

itunes and Starbucks are always nice. I like to get gift cards for something I wouldn’t normally splurge on. Books, Music, and fancy coffee drinks are something I don’t normally spend too much money on, so a gift card is really a treat.

Holiday party looked like a blast.
    Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement recently posted..What’s THAT Smell?

I love it when they perform in front of you! Very cool. I haven’t been to one in a long time….it’s kinda expensive.
    Starbucks gift card! win indeed!
    This past November we had a contest where I work and I won a $600 gift card….being right before Christmas I would say that was the best one that I have ever received. :)
    Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Surprisingly Satisfied