Part of a New Group

by Courtney on January 10, 2012

Alright, so I owe all of you some updates. Let’s start with my tease from this morning…

So I mentioned that I’m going to be testing out some of the quick and easy breakfast ideas featured in this month’s Real Simple. Some of you guessed that I’m working with Real Simple which would certainly be a logical guess…but not quite.

Back in November, I was approached by SOYJOY and asked to be a part of a new group of bloggers they were putting together. I’ve already worked with SOYJOY numerous times in the past and have enjoyed working with them, not only because I enjoy their products, but also because I truly appreciate the effort and dedication they’ve put into forming a relationship with me.

In the coming weeks, SOYJOY is going to be launching a new “Joytester” program, featuring five bloggers (including myself and the hilarious and awesome Janae!) who will focus on certain aspects of healthy living. My role in the group for 2012 will be focused more on the nutrition end of healthy living, whereas others will be focusing on fitness and travel. I’m really excited, not to mention honored, to be a part of such a fun group for the coming year, and I will certainly share more information with you all as it becomes available. I will be working with SOYJOY on various tasks, but my first “Joytest Challenge”  as they call it (I’ll have three during the year), is actually why I’m incorporating those Real Simple breakfast ideas…

The “challenge” is to test out some of the featured breakfast ideas from Real Simple for 5-7 days and then report back my thoughts on whether or not they could (and should) be incorporated into a healthy lifestyle. While my review of the challenge will be featured on the SOYJOY website, I will also (of course) be sharing my thoughts with all of you on here, too!

Honestly, you guys probably won’t see much of a change on STSL, unless I’m sharing one of my challenges with you, but it’s something I’m really excited about and looking forward to for 2012. :)

*****

Okay, let’s transition and talk shop food.

Mid-morning, I snacked on some roasted almonds and a golden delicious apple, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite snacks.

Lunch featured a pretty fantabulous salad that I put together last night after dinner.

Lots of fresh veggies, some leftover asparagus from Sunday, and a piece of grilled chicken. Awwwwwesome.

I’ve also got some Wasa crackers and a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss to snack on later this afternoon.

Dinner is still up in the air, since I’m still unsure on how the rest of my evening is going to go, but we’ll get to that another time. One piece of news per post, folks. ;)

Question for the Afternoon:

Which Real Simple breakfast ideas do you think I should try out next? There’s a couple I already know I probably won’t try but if I get enough requests for some, I’ll give ‘em a go!

1 Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 10, 2012 at 1:35 pm

a mushroom omelet, but with the whole egg. I don’t love egg white omelets. BTW, I am IN LOVE with Real Simple.

2 Ashley @ Freckles & Spice January 10, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Immediately I wanted to say the oatmeal with apricots and raisins, but that is too close to the same breakfast you (and I) ate. So if you want to try something new I think the minted cottage cheese looks good – I recently made something similar with yogurt, pom seeds, mint, and satsuma oranges. And Toast With Yogurt and Smoked Salmon looks really good. It would be hard for me to eat something that savory for breakfast but I love the look of it, esp for a snack or appetizer.

3 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 10, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Definitely the french toast and raspberry syrup! :) congrats by the way!! :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Drinking my calories

4 Tina @ Best Body Fitness January 10, 2012 at 2:12 pm

What a neat opportunity!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Not Just In Your Wildest Dreams

5 amina January 10, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Toast with yogurt and salmon…it would be hard for me to have salmon in the AM, but I sometimes think a non-traditional breakfast is a perfect change every once in awhile!
amina recently posted..Guilt? Negative Self Talk…

6 Jessica @ BEBT January 10, 2012 at 2:22 pm

The first one – the Apple & Cheddar Tartine – looks amazing!!! I think 1/2 of that could be a good snack too! I’m all about the apples + cheese right now. Yum. Congrats on the new opportunity! :)

7 Lindsey January 10, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Scrambled egg tacos!
Lindsey recently posted..Two Meatless Suppers

8 RunEatRepeat January 10, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Can’t you eat those waffles everyday?! I would :)
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Comparison Funk

9 Kerry January 10, 2012 at 2:41 pm

mm this looks like a fun job! trying out those great breakfasts! those egg tacos look delicious!! yummy! x
Kerry recently posted..Healthy weekly shop!

10 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 10, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I say go for the scrambled egg taco :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Sweet potato salsa

11 marykate January 10, 2012 at 2:44 pm

This is totally random, but seeing your snack reminded me of a tip I got just recently about soaking raw almonds overnight. I tried it a few days ago and they taste SO good. They’re plumper and the literally “pop” in your mouth…And, soaking supposedly ups the nutritional value by 40% which is pretty freakin awesome!

12 Jill January 10, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I would love to see you try the apple & cheddar tartine. It seems different than what you eat for breakfast regularly.
Jill recently posted..Would You Move?

13 Casey @ OatsAndNanners January 10, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Congratulations!! I know you’ll have a lot of fun working with SOYJOY again — plus it involves testing yummy recipes. Win win. I’d definitely give the french toast with raspberry syrup a try. I’m all about the sweat breakfasts

14 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 10, 2012 at 3:00 pm

what an AWESOME opportunity!! congratulations! i’m sure you’ll have so much fun with it. i honestly haven’t tried many of SOYJOY’s products – i should at least try ‘em out! as for the Real Simple breakfasts… i gave them a quick glance, and the toast w/ yogurt & smoked salmon as well as the french toast w/ raspberry syrup both intrigued me!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Upper Body Pulse Challenge

15 Pamela January 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I think the toast with yogurt and smoked salmon looks delicious!! I haven’t had that in so long.

16 Stephanie @ afitbliss.com January 10, 2012 at 3:10 pm

That’s such an awesome opportunity! I love SoyJoy products, looking forward to hearing more about their new products.

17 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 10, 2012 at 3:24 pm

that is so cool that you get to be a part of that! congrats!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..A day in New Jersey

18 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 10, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Mmmmm, yogurt and salmon is rocking my socks off! Mmmmm! I just can’t get enough of that one!

19 JN January 10, 2012 at 4:17 pm

The apple & cheddar tartine, scrambled egg tacos, and french toast with raspberry syrup. I think some of the others are too close to what you already eat in the A.M. and, I don’t know about you, but ugh! on the salmon. :)

20 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 10, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Congrats on the new opportunity!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Plate of an 8-Year-Old

21 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 10, 2012 at 4:24 pm

My vote is for the French toast with raspberry syrup! Congratulations on an amazing opportunity!! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..No Meatball Problems Here

22 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health January 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Congrats!! That sounds like such an awesome opportunity :). You should totally try out the scrambled egg tacos..those sound good!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..My Mom’s Beef Vegetable Soup

23 janae Jacobs January 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm

SERIOUSLY, so stoked about this and it absolutely made my day to hear your voice! I had a million questions to ask you but felt awkward asking on a conference call ha. Have a great day!
janae Jacobs recently posted..Triple Tangent Tuesday

24 Shannon January 10, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Congratulations on becoming a SOYJOY blogger! :)

I like the French Toast with Raspberry Syrup idea, and the Yogurt with Grapes and Granola idea. They seem pretty easy to make, compared to the one with the salmon. Enjoy!
Shannon recently posted..An update on ‘the plan’

25 Susan @Happy Hippie January 10, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I think that the french toast with raspberry syrup looks delicious!! Maybe try giving it a twist and making it on cinnamon bread raising bread, or with english muffin halves instead of sliced bread. Either way, that one looks like a winner to me!
Susan @Happy Hippie recently posted..When Food is Colorful

26 Lauren January 10, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Congrats lady!!! What a fun and exciting new opportunity and you’ll do great!
Lauren recently posted..Night Off

27 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life January 11, 2012 at 11:36 am

Excited for you! Congrats
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..Tiny-Confession Tuesday

28 Ryan @ PauseTheMoment.com January 12, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Looking forward to working together! ;) If you ever have any travel questions, feel free to contact me!
Ryan @ PauseTheMoment.com recently posted..A Failed Attempt at Hitchhiking in Ometepe