The Most Popular Choice

Well good mornin’! Happy Wednesday to ya’ll!

Before anything else, I first wanted to say thanks to all of you guys on the feedback from last night’s post about my 2011 goals. It’s always fun to do a little bit of reflection, isn’t it? Even better when some of those reflections are positive ones!

NOW, I need to skip right to today’s breakfast because it’s too awesome to hold out on any longer. Yesterday, I asked you guys to help me decide which Real Simple recipe I should test out today, and it turned out that the most popular choice was…

IMG_0655-1

Scrambled Egg Tacos!

All I can say is…thank goodness you guys chose this recipe because it completely exceeded my expectations. WOW!

IMG_0671-1

I only made  a few minor adjustments to today’s recipe…

• 3 egg whites instead of 2 eggs
  • sprayed the skillet with PAM instead of using butter
  • I warmed the corn tortillas in the skillet after the egg whites were done cooking for about 15 seconds on each side
  • no cilantro – didn’t have any on hand

IMG_0660-1

I typically like SOME sort of sweetness in my breakfast (hence the jam on my egg sandwiches) and believe it or not, I was still able to squeeze in a teeny bit today in the form of my salsa. Newman’s Own Pineapple Salsa is the bees knees, folks. Slightly spicy with a hint of sweet and a ton of flavor. It’s the best.

IMG_0658-1

And even better yet, I know this recipe may look like it would take a while to make but honestly? It only took me six minutes. Six minutes! And before I knew it, I had a healthy, delicious breakfast ready and waiting.

IMG_0652-1

You may, however, want to add in an extra minute or two for cleanup…

IMG_0669-1

They got a little bit messy, but were worth every last dribble. Now I’ve got to figure out which new recipe to try tomorrow, but I’m not gonna lie…I really want this one again. Winking smile

*****

I haven’t gotten a chance to get a workout in yet today, since I had a little bit different of a morning than usual, so I’m hoping I’ll be able to figure something out for later. If not, no big deal.

Gotta run, BUT, I do have something to fill you all in on later today…

Questions for the Morning:

Are there any goals you set for yourself in 2011 that you are proud of accomplishing? Any that you still need to work on?

Scrambled Egg Tacos…YAY or NAY for your breakfast?

Comments

1. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

Those scrambled egg tacos look really good. I make breakfast burritos sometimes but I’ve never thought to make them into tacos. I love Real Simple’s recipes, I used one for dinner last night!
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A Trip to Trader Joe’s

Starting a blog was on my list in 2011. It maybe took me until the last week of the year to do it, but so far I am very glad I took a chance and made one! I am almost always a sweet breakfast girl, but I actually think I would crave the egg tacos for dinner! My husband would even like those :-)
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..No Meatball Problems Here

I am happy you tried those, they were my top choice! I need to try them now too :) I am more of a sweet breakfast person too but every once in awhile its nice to switch it up and go savory.
    Lindsey recently posted..Love Languages

4. Courtney says

Those tacos look yummy!! I love Newmans pineapple salsa too! Sometimes for dinner I’ll mix it with shrimp and veggies then serve it over brown rice. Yum!

5. Melissa says

What type of corn tortillas do you use? I’m always apprehensive about tortillas/ wraps because they tend to be high in calories.

• Courtney says

I bought Chi Chi’s brand, which I found at Price Chopper. Each tortilla is 60 calories, so two is the same as having an English muffin

YAY! for scrambled egg tacos! Nothing beats scrambled egg tacos especially on a saturday morning after a late night and you can’t forget a cup of coffee to go along with it!

Running Hood to Coast was a goal for 2011 that didn’t happen; so I am shooting for this year!

I would totally eat the scrambled egg tacos! The only thing we can’t have in the house is avocado (toxic to birds so we don’t ever take the chance) so whenever we go out, I make up for it and get it on everything lol

So far my goals for 2012 are good. I have kept a food journal and followed my fitness every day goal. Got a long way to go but it’s a good start!
    Angie @ Losing It and Loving It recently posted..Get It Guide, Shine from Yahoo!

Scrambled egg tacos for breakfast….YAY!

2011 Goals I am proud of accomplishing…When I had almost lost my life, they had said I’d never exercise again, and I am now both doing cardio as well as weight lifting, and it is best shape I’ve ever been in!

2011 I still need to work on…Becoming healthy. I was recently diagnosed with both hypoglycemia and hypotension, as a result of my surgery, so my goal is to continue to strive to balance and stay healthy in every respect. :)
    Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Routine Changes

9. Nicole says

That breakfast looks incredible, what a great idea!! Have you ever tried the peach salsa from TJs? It’s one of my faves – SO good!

My goal in 2011 was to run a 5k. I ran three! This year, I am doing what I call the 12 challenges of 2012. January’s challenge is a month of vegan eating! As far as breakfast is concerned, I am with you-it always needs to have something sweet!
    Shana recently posted..Out with the Old

Trackbacks