My Favorite Thing About Celebrating

Heyyyyyyy there, friends!

Well, first and foremost, thank you for your major congrats on yesterday’s announcement vlog. I’ve been itching to tell you all for a few days now, so it was quite a relief to be able to share the news.

So YES! I am going to be transitioning into a full-time personal trainer at a local gym in my area. I’m still going to finish up my last two weeks at the salon, but I’ve also been squeezing in some hours to do some shadowing at the gym, too. Like yesterday morning, for example, I was up at 4:30am to be there to shadow at 5am. Caraaaaazy!

Needless to say (since I already said it yesterday) I am SUPER excited (and a little bit nervous) to get started. Ahhhhh!!

*****

Last Night’s Dinner

I’m really starting to think that one of my favorite things about celebrating is for the excuse to toast with champagne. Hehe…

Last night, we had our friends Sarah & Jeff over for dinner, who brought a bottle of champagne with them so we could toast to my new job. I knew I liked those two for a reason!

We drank our bubbly as I filled them in on the details of the job and waited for dinner to finish cooking in the oven. Speaking of dinner, it was a pretty awesome one.

I made a big, fresh tossed salad and paired it with a recipe that I’ve had in my recipe binder forever for Italian Baked Chicken & Pastina.

I only altered the recipe slightly, using a little less EVOO, a little extra chicken, and I also added in some spinach. It was super quick and easy to make – I’d highly recommend it if you’re planning on entertaining for four people.

Yum.

After dinner, we sat and chatted for another couple hours, which included some pretty deep and interesting conversations (right, guys?). We also realized that the last time they were at our house was probably for our St. Patty’s Day party. I can’t believe it’d been that long! We made a pact to make sure that doesn’t happen again. Winking smile

*****

Breakfast

Alright guys. We’re on to day 3 of new breakfast ideas.

Any guesses which one I went with today…?

Apple and Cheddar Tartine!

Guys, I am seriously hitting the jackpot with these breakfast ideas. Today’s selection was definitely on point. My only substitutions today were using a whole wheat English muffin in place of the baguette, and only one slice of cheese (which was plenty). But other than that, everything else stayed as-is.

On the side, I had the rest of my apple, since I hate it when I save apples and they turn browner than brown in about two seconds.

But really, today’s breakfast may have moved to #1 on the list so far. It incorporated my beloved sweets at breakfast (with the apple butter and the apple slices) with the melty, gooeyness of the cheese.

I really think you need to try this, like, today. Okay okay, you can wait until tomorrow.

Time to head to work…long day ahead of me today!

Question for the Morning:

What are some of your favorite ways to celebrate a big thing for you?

Apple and Cheddar Tartine – YAY or NAY for your breakfast?

Comments

Congrats on the new job! There is no better way than to celebrate with good food, good friends and, of course, some bubbly! I usually celebrate events in the same way. Any excuse for champagne is a good one, right? ;)

I really like eating apples and cheddar cheese as a snack, but I never thought to melt the cheese over the top. Looks good!
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A Very Snacky WIAW

2. Nicole says

I am definitely going to be adding that pasta dish AND that breakfast into my life! Can’t wait to try them, they both sound SO good!!

Oh, yay! So excited to see that you tried this! I bet it was great with that English muffin. I’m gonna go get the stuff at the grocery store today so maybe I can have it tomorrow or this weekend! And congrats, congrats, congrats on the new job! :) I’m excited to hear more about it!
    Jessica @ BEBT recently posted..My Relationship With Bars

For big events, I love going out to dinner with my husband. As simple as it sounds, there’s nothing like having a date night where it’s only the two of us and we order a glass of wine and toast to our life and accomplishments for our little family. I absolutely love dipping apples into cheese at fondue restaurants, so I am thinking I might really like your breakfast today! I agree with you, a perfect salty/sweet balance!
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Now I’m a Philosophizer

Since we don’t eat out too often, we will usually go out for supper to celebrate! SO its always a treat :)
    I think that breaky looks so good, going to check it out for a future breakfast for sure.
    Lindsey recently posted..Treadmill Running

6. Lynn says

Yay! Yay! Congrats!! That’s very exciting and a direction that I hope to head in soon myself :)
    And thanks for the share on those recipes, I’m actually going to borrow both of them! I’m having a get together that I think that chicken pasta would be perfect for, and then that breakfast looks good and like a change from the norm for me. I wonder how satisfying it will be as the morning wears on since it’s missing a protein? Looks SO yummy though!

When I celebrate, I have to have my family around me. The next would be close friends and my church family.

This breakfast is definitely a Yay as well! It looks really good! :)

I didn’t get to tell you congrats for your new job!! So, CONGRATS!! I know that you will do great. I am so excited for you! ;)
    Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Waiting for Tomorrow?

I love celebrating with drinks, too! Since you love champagne and sweets, I highly recommend you try to track down a bottle of St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur! They have a ton of drink recipes online, but my fave is simply mixed with champagne. It’s a bit pricey for a bottle, but soooooo worth it!
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Bookworms Anonymous

I like to celebrate different ways, sometimes a bottle of wine, sometimes a dinner at a favorite restaurant.

As for the breakfast, I’m not a big fan of cheese, anyway, and I have a really hard time adding it to breakfast, so I couldn’t do that. If I could find something else besides cheese, I’d probably try it, or maybe just leave the cheese out.
    Kathryn recently posted..School

Congrats! I watched your vlog yesterday, but I never commented :s
    Champagne always makes a celebration a little more special! I’m definitely on the celebration band wagon… I love hearing of people’s good fortune! And I like it even more if we can celebrate it! Sometimes a little effort goes a long way :)
    Miranda @ Miranda’s Munchies recently posted..Healthy Eating Plate

Congrats on the news girl!!!! How exciting and way to go already getting a job! Im sure you are nervous like you said, but it will be ok and you will adjust and be comfortable personal training clients very fast I know!

Good luck on this new journey for you!
    katie Carso recently posted..Berry Stuffed