Already Counting Down

by Courtney on January 13, 2012

All I can say is…TGIF!

This week has definitely been a long and busy one for me and I am honestly already counting down the hours until I can be back at home, relaxing in my cozies, and most likely passing out on the couch at the bedtime equivalent to that of a five year old. Wow, I sound fun, don’t I?

Haha, well unfortunately, I’ve still got about 10 solid hours ahead of me before that can happen, and I’ve already been up ‘n at ‘em nice and early this morning. Whew!

My day started with a quick workout, in the form of my Full Body Circuit Workout. After that, I headed out for a quick shadowing session at the gym for the new job. I’m really so glad that I’m able to take advantage of these shadowing hours and am already finding them super helpful.

I also snacked on an Iced Oatmeal Cookie Clif Z Bar (aka, the most amazing things ever) this morning.

Actually, I have one of these before almost every morning workout that I do, I just don’t usually share it. So now ya know!

After shadowing, I rushed back home, showered up, and prepped some much-needed breakfast. Today is actually day 4 of my Real Simple breakfast challenge and even though there are still a couple other recipes on my radar, I had to go with something quick because I was super pressed for time. Hey, you can never go wrong with a tried-and-true bowl of oatmeal, right?

Technically, the original Real Simple oatmeal recipe included dried apricots and raisins, but since I didn’t have any apricots on hand, I had to improvise and make some substitutions of my own.

Actually, who am I kidding. I really just made my usual bowl of oatmeal with some fresh blueberries and it was pretty darn delicious. I don’t think I’ll technically count today’s breakfast toward the challenge, but I’ll just add on extra Real Simple recipe to try. No biggie.

While scarfing down this breakfast in about .2 seconds, I had somebody else giving me the total stare-down. I had zero time to play with him, so he was not a happy camper. I kid you not, guys. There is never not one of these pull tabs near him.

Sorry buddy. We’ll play later. Promise. Winking smile

Now I’m headed off to the salon for my usual Friday hours…then I’m headed BACK to the gym after that for a few more floor hours. Yup, no shadowing this evening folks. I’ll be out on the floor doing some prospecting. Oh boyyy!

It’s definitely days like today where I wished that an extra coffee (or three) would have some sort of an effect on my energy level. But, I guess it looks like it’s all up to me….ooof.

Okay. Ready aaaaaand GO! :)

1 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 13, 2012 at 9:37 am

oh man girl, it sure does sound like you’ve had quite the busy, long week! it’ll all be worth it in the end though! looks like you started out your day with some great things to help you power through the day. ;) happy friday!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Friday [Blog] Favorites

2 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 13, 2012 at 9:39 am

I love those polka dotted dishes, so adorable! And Cody’s little face looks so sad, my dog does the same thing… look of disappointment!
Have a good day!

3 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 13, 2012 at 9:43 am

Hang in there! Days like these are definitely overwhelming and exhausting, but also luckily few and far between! You are taking steps toward your dreams and goals. Soon you’ll look back on days like today and smile! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Winner Chicken Dinner

4 Hope January 13, 2012 at 9:43 am

TGIF! What a long week! I love your bowl! It’s so cute :)

5 Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 13, 2012 at 9:46 am

add coffee to your protein shake.

6 Mallory @ Have your cake January 13, 2012 at 9:55 am

have a great day! i’m countin’ down the hours too!! TGIF!
Mallory @ Have your cake recently posted..Snowy Thursday + Coconut Bars

7 Silvia @ skinny jeans food January 13, 2012 at 10:10 am

Cody: “I know I am just a CAT. But I heard you are a personal trainer now. How about being my personal trainer? it is not called ‘play time’, this is serious exercise ! You know, twice a day is much more effective than one time. I got all that energy in the morning!! Come on now, just a few milk pull burpees..”
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..What’s in your lunchbox?

8 Ryan @ PauseTheMoment.com January 13, 2012 at 10:22 am

Wow, that Z bar sounds so good. Iced oatmeal cookie!? I might have to run to the store and grab one of these…
Ryan @ PauseTheMoment.com recently posted..A Failed Attempt at Hitchhiking in Ometepe

9 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat January 13, 2012 at 10:26 am

I really want to try those bars – I baked oatmeal cookies last night instead. :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Roasted Vegetables with Farro and Kale

10 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life January 13, 2012 at 10:30 am

Gosh, you’re such a capable woman…Your days are seriously like my week.
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..Sprinkle Kind of Day

11 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 13, 2012 at 10:42 am

Wooo..busy busy! Good luck getting through the day, and just bank on the fact that you can rest up tonight. Cody is seriously the cutest cat…I’ve never seen one that plays fetch or maybe I don’t hang out around enough cats since I break into hives…oof.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Must. Get. Sleep.

12 Corinne January 13, 2012 at 10:56 am

Happy Friday and congrats on the new job opportunity! I forgot to tell you I did one of your upper body workouts the other day and it was awesomeeee! Thanks!
Corinne recently posted..sick dinners

13 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 13, 2012 at 11:08 am

sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you! Blueberries on top of oatmeal are one of my favorite toppings!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..My favorite Green Monster Smoothie

14 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 13, 2012 at 11:23 am

Wow you are super busy! Good thing you went with the oatmeal today, I find that it always sticks with me the best.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Forks Over Knives Review

15 Marykate Sinnott January 13, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Amen! I feel like I’ve been counting down to 5 p.m. on Friday since 10 a.m. on Tuesday! TGIF! TIGIF!
Marykate Sinnott recently posted..Predictions for 2012

16 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 13, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Whew! you have a busy day! :) I hope you have a great one! I am meeting some friends tonight, so I can’t wait for the work day to be over..:)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Girls Night!

17 Lindsay @ FuelMyFamily January 13, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Looks like you have a busy day! Busy days just go by quicker than slow boring ones so I actually prefer it that way!
Lindsay @ FuelMyFamily recently posted..A day in the life: food and exercise

18 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 13, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Good luck on your day! I’m ready for the weekend too – the first week back after break is always so taxing. Luckily we have a long weekend!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

19 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign January 13, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I love those new Clif Z bars! I vote that they come out with a version that has chocolate chips…oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars?! mmm
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Scenes From Sunday

20 Nikki @ Heels to Sneakers January 13, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Definitely TGIF!!!! It was a long week for me also!!

Those blueberries looked delicious! I used to out fresh fruit on my oatmeal all the time…not sure why I stopped!
Nikki @ Heels to Sneakers recently posted..Freezing Friday the 13th

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 13, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Hope you get to enjoy your weekend soon!! I get Monday off, so I’m super excited about having a lonnng break! Now if only this snow would go away!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Whatcha Reading Weekend: The Hunger Games

22 Khushboo January 13, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Although I’ve only tried the smore flavor, I’m going to go ahead and say that Cliff Z bars are my favorite!
Khushboo recently posted..Superfood or Supercrap?

23 Cassie January 13, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I live in your area, and am interested in being trained. Is that possible?

24 Courtney January 13, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Hey Cassie! Shoot me an email – sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com. I’d love to chat more with you!

25 Sarah January 14, 2012 at 10:52 am

yesterday allll i could think about ALL day was being at home, in my sweats, on my couch, under covers with tea in hand, watching a movie! Friday nights are long awaited!

26 Mac January 14, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Have you ever had Kids Clif fruit sticks? Those are the bomb!
Mac recently posted..Catch Up Time

27 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 10:31 am

No I haven’t…I’ve seen ‘em before but never thought to give them a try!