Any Guesses?

by Courtney on January 14, 2012

Last night, I had probably one of the best things that could have happen for me, happen. I didn’t have to go back to the gym after working at the salon! It turns out that it was going to be better for me to go a little longer today and not worry about yesterday, which was an absolute miracle because as the day continued on yesterday, I was losing steam FAST.

So once I got home from the salon, I did exactly what I had planned to do: change into my cozies, curl up on the couch in a blanket, and just relax. By the time Jay got home, he volunteered to go and get the dinner that I was planning on getting when I would have been on my way home…

It looks as though Chipotle is becoming a part of the new Friday routine? Winking smile

I rolled with another chicken burrito bowl, which Jay did a fantastic job of ordering for me (he says I make my orders too difficult…I say he’s absolutely right crazy). Thankfully, this one wasn’t nearly as spicy as the last one.

He also made sure to load up on the condiments. Smart man he is.

The guac was tasting extra delicious last night!

While we were eating dinner, we caught up on some of our DVR’d shows from during the week, including One Tree Hill.

I’m pretty sure I’m probably one of the only people left watching this show, but I can’t help it. I’ve been addicted ever since my friend Eileen introduced it to me in college. I just love it.

All during dinner, Cody was lurking around waiting for that fetch play date that I had to bail on yesterday morning. I love how he tries to be discreet…

IMG_0747IMG_0746IMG_0748

So we played, and he had the two of us cracking up, as usual.

All tuckered out. Smile

So any guesses on what time I was in bed by last night?

9:00pm. And it was glorious. I’m such a granny.

*****

This morning, I was up nice and early to get ready to go to work. I’m not quite sure what I have in store for me today, but I guess I’ll find out soon enough!

No workout was on the agenda for today, so I got right to making breakfast.

A toasted whole wheat English muffin with banana slices and chia seeds, plus the rest of my ‘naner with PB.

Sometimes I save the other half of the banana for another time, but not today. It was lookin’ too scrumptious.

I realize this breakfast also isn’t a part of my Real Simple breakfast challenge, but since I only have two more days of that left, I’m planning on getting back to it most likely tomorrow and Monday. Today, I needed the peanut butter.

And check this out…I’ve even got a yummy new mid-morning snack to cart to work with me today and try out, thanks to my gal Alyssa.

I’ve never tried these EAS Myoplex Lite bars, but I’m sure excited to try them…especially after she said they remind her of a Snickers bar. Yes, PLEASE! I’ll let ya know whether or not she was fibbing later on…

Alrighty friends, I’m off to work. Catch ya later! Smile

1 Carissa January 14, 2012 at 8:22 am

I’d love to try those Myoplex bars…I’ll have to look for them at the store!

Have fun at the gym! So exciting!!! Doesn’t it feel great to be doing something you love?
Carissa recently posted..Room Service

2 Hope January 14, 2012 at 8:26 am

I love Chipotle! I haven’t had it in such a long time. I really think I should change that! :)

Have fun at work today! It’s always great when you do something that you love.
Hope recently posted..Happy Birthday to My Mom!!!…

3 Nicole January 14, 2012 at 8:27 am

I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30, so I wasnt very far behind you!

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 14, 2012 at 8:29 am

I was in bed at 9:10. You’ve got me beat. ;) Actually, the Husband had been up since midnight the day before (snow plowing) and he went to bed at like 8:00, I started reading, and started to fall asleep! Might as well go to bed when that happens! Have a great day!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

5 Stacey January 14, 2012 at 8:30 am

My best friend from college and I thought we were the only ones left watching One Tree Hill! Also, congrats on your new job, how exciting!

6 Lindsay@FuelMyFamily January 14, 2012 at 8:35 am

I am reading this post at 830 am and I now want chipotle for breakfast! I need to move to a city with one ASAP! Early bedtime is where it’s at, how did I use to stay up until 3 am every night in college and still function??
Lindsay@FuelMyFamily recently posted..Spiced Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies

7 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy January 14, 2012 at 8:51 am

Good luck at work today! It’s great that you get to do something you love now.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Chocolate Makes Me Feel Better

8 Kristin January 14, 2012 at 8:52 am

You are definitely not the only one still watching OTH! I absolutely love it. Also, the myoplex lite bars are amazing, but I’d recommend only eating about 1/2 at a time! They’re really darn filling. Have a great day!

9 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance January 14, 2012 at 9:03 am

Haha you are NOT alone. I’m a One Tree Hill lover at heart. I actually pumped out the first 5 seasons within 2 months haha

16 days until our birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Melt My Heart With Yoga

10 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 10:36 am

YIPPEEEEEEE!!! :-D

11 Kortney January 14, 2012 at 9:05 am

I am in lllooovvveee with one tree hill. So sad this is the last season.

12 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn January 14, 2012 at 9:07 am

I wish I could eat chipotle every day of my life. Exceeeept I can’t. #collegestudentproblems

I didn’t go to bed until MIDNIGHT. Who am I? That is both early (considering I am a night owl) and late (considering I am sick), but I woke up at 8am which I would call nothing short of a miracle.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Top 10 Style Features: Diana

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 14, 2012 at 9:08 am

I’m right with you on the granny thing. Brandon and I actually went to bed at 10:30 last night, which is late for us! Usually I’m in bed by 9:30, easily! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Whatcha Reading Weekend: The Hunger Games

14 Khushboo January 14, 2012 at 9:12 am

A protein-filled Snickers?? I’ll take it!
Khushboo recently posted..Superfood or Supercrap?

15 Michelle (Better with Berries) January 14, 2012 at 9:15 am

You are not a granny for going to bed at 9pm on Friday! Well, maybe you are, and that just means I am too :-) I always hit the hay early on Friday – then you can wake up earlier on Saturday and have even more fun weekend time!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Time for a Change

16 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 14, 2012 at 9:16 am

I love Chipotle and wouldn’t mind making that a Friday night ritual for my husband and I too! I was all about One Tree Hill and watched all the seasons until they skipped ahead a few years, after that I got lost! I couldn’t understand how they were all the most successful 22 year olds I had ever seen! Ha
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Winner Chicken Dinner

17 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 14, 2012 at 9:23 am

Courtney, that is too funny, I’m actually rewatching ALL of OTH on Netflix right now. I’m on season three and it’s definitely bringing back some memories :)
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Forks Over Knives Review

18 Mac January 14, 2012 at 9:28 am

Your Chiptoles looks terrific! I used to watch OTH religiously when I was in college, but then it got to drama filled and what is with all of them graduating from college and getting ridiculously good jobs asap? Now instead of OTH, I get sucked into other junk show LOL!
Mac recently posted..January Grub Club

19 Kierston January 14, 2012 at 9:43 am

OMG…I discovered these MYO bars last year!!! They are soooooo delish! My faves are Cinnamon, Chocolate PB and Double Chocolate. Heck…they are all so good!!!
Kierston recently posted..My Ultimate Goal + Some Exciting News!!!

20 Brooke @ Exercise For Fries January 14, 2012 at 9:53 am

GAH! I love One Tree Hill.. although I don’t usually admit it! :)

21 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 14, 2012 at 10:09 am

i’m glad i’m not the only granny around here. ;) last night we rented a movie, and i ended up dozing off around 9:30 too. it was glorious and just what i needed after this week! :) glad you were able to have a relaxing evening!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Vlog: Bragging and New Eating Plan Update

22 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 14, 2012 at 10:18 am

Girl, I was Ob-sessed with One Tree Hill from the years of 2004-2008. Except I started watching when I was already graduated and working full time in 2004 which makes me sound way more pathetic than starting it in college. I had no idea it was even still on! They must be way past college at this point?
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..A phase

23 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 10:35 am

Oh yeah…they basically skipped college all together on the show, lol ;)

24 Brittany January 14, 2012 at 10:33 am

I looove One Tree Hill. This season looks like its going to be intense! I’m excited.

25 Katherine January 14, 2012 at 10:46 am

I am still in love with One Tree Hill, such a great show! Can’t get enough!
Katherine recently posted..Trendy Workouts to Try

26 Briana January 14, 2012 at 10:48 am

AH I LOVE one tree hill! I feel like I’m the only one who still watches it too haha. The beginning of this weeks episode was CRAZY!

27 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it January 14, 2012 at 10:55 am

i am known to get into tv shows long after they were on air…so needless to say i was planning on starting one tree hill soon! my best friend convinces me id love it and it seems like a great show.
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..New Rockin’ Running Playlist

28 Megan January 14, 2012 at 11:09 am

I religiously watch One Tree Hill. It has been my favorite show since it started.

29 Haley B January 14, 2012 at 11:13 am

Aww One Tree Hill! I love that show. I got really into it in college too, but sadly I only watched up until the season after Lucas and Peyton rode off into the sunset together. I feel like such a traitor. lol

30 Chelsea January 14, 2012 at 11:19 am

You’re not alone! I still watch one tree hill as well haha :) I’m completely obsessed. I’m so sad this is the last season. I feel like it’s my own version of Friends and it’s leaving me…

31 glidingcalm January 14, 2012 at 11:29 am

I actually really like those Myloplex bars!! Hope you do as well!

A post full of kitty pictures + chipotle = the way to go. YES!

happy weekend!

32 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 10:34 am

YES! They are DELICIOUS!!

33 Victoria (District Chocoholic) January 14, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Ha! Seeing Cody play with that ring reminds me of my mom’s cat that used to play with the rings from the lids of milk cartons for hours at a time. She’d finally pass out from exhaustion after a while.
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Cranberry Bark: Two Types of Chocolate and Two Types of Cranberry

34 Abby F January 14, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I swear they put crack in Chipotle! Once you have it, it’s like you can’t get enough- If I had it my way I would be having a burrito bowl every week! Hope you have a great day, and enjoy that bar!

35 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life January 14, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I had a night of playing Yahtzee, so don’t feel bad. It doesn’t get much grannier than Yahtzee! :-)
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..10 in 10

36 Olivia January 14, 2012 at 12:48 pm

You aren’t the only one still watching OTH! My boyfriend’s sister is obsessed still too! haha
Olivia recently posted..Finally + Oops

37 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 14, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I DON’T FIB. ;)

And I apologize for the ghetto wrapping on those.. can you tell I was in a hurry and therefore just slapped my “cutesy note” I was planning to write you on the back of the envelope?

See/talk to you tomorrow. ;) Enjoy those bars!
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..The Benefits of Supersets & January Ripper Workout

38 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 10:33 am

Girl, you definitely do NOT fib! Those things are freakin’ amazing!!!
And yes…loved the note ;)

39 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Mmm Chipotle! I haven’t been in a while, but this looks so good!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Workout Clothes: Haves & Wants

40 Sarah January 14, 2012 at 3:23 pm

dont woorrryyy ive been a one tee hill fan forever.. i have the episode tivo’ed and ready to go!
Sarah recently posted..A look into our past

41 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 14, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I love Chipotle! I haven’t had it in so long. I usually get the fajita bowls, loaded with peppers and onions. I love that they now carry brown rice!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Buffalo Wing Hummus with Lime Chips

42 Ashleigh January 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Girl, I still LOVE One Tree Hill. Been a loyal fan since ’03! :)

43 Jordan January 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm

What an awesome relaxing night!! I am TOTALLY addicted to One Tree Hill, too. I am super emotionally attached to the characters haha totally lame.
Those EAS bars are sooo good. A rep from EAS sent me a few double chocolate flavored ones to taste a few weeks ago, and I loved them!

44 Laura January 14, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I love chipotle! I’d say it’s a great Friday treat. I’m so happy that you are starting a new career and following your heart. It’s kinda cheesy to say, but too many of us try to only “color within the lines” and that can prevent us from becoming truly happy. So excited to follow you on your new path!
Laura recently posted..Great Training

45 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 10:32 am

Thank you SO much, Laura. That really means a lot! :)

46 Jenny@HealthyMOChick January 14, 2012 at 6:55 pm

The EAS bars are actually pretty tasty right?
Jenny@HealthyMOChick recently posted..Drunk Chicken and Happy Birthday to me :)

47 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 10:32 am

YES! I am already in LOVE with them. WOW :)

48 Amanda January 14, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I’m watching One Tree Hill right now. On Netflix. Probably seen this episode four times already. No judgement at all! Although I’m so far behind on the new episodes…Jamie started to make me bonkers.
Amanda recently posted..I’ll never give up…

49 Shannon January 14, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I LOVE One Tree Hill!! I’m so sad it’s the final season. What was up with the way they opened the episode? I wonder if that’s sort of how it all ends?? I guess we’ll find out. :)

50 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 10:31 am

OMG, I know, right?!? That opening was CRAZY!

51 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 14, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Hope that you have had a great night Courtney! When I was getting an update on your blog, my niece and nephew were standing next to me and when they saw the Cody they couldn’t get enough of him! My nephew kept wanting to see your breakfast. He’s 5. And loves bananas.

Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..A night out on the town!

52 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 10:31 am

Awww, that’s so cute! :)

53 Michele @ nycrunningmama January 15, 2012 at 8:34 am

I love Chipotle!! I am perusing your site for some dinner ideas this week – I feel like I’ve gotten into a rut with meals and am trying to “spice” things up! Going to have a chipotle-esque burrito bowl tonight =) Thanks for the awesome idea =)
Michele @ nycrunningmama recently posted..Sparkly Soul Headbands Review + Giveaway!

54 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 10:28 am

Oooo good choice! They are delish!

55 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath January 15, 2012 at 11:08 am

I love One Tree Hill!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..The Stress of Sundays

56 julie January 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm

have you looked at the ingredient list on those bars? kinda scary.

57 Katie January 15, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I am still obsessed with one free hill …. But I agree we may be the only ones left :-/ I hate that this is the last season!!

58 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Don’t worry, I’m still watching OTH as well :) Apparently Lucas is suppose to make a comeback this season — woot woot!
Courtney recently posted..Yoga for Youth

59 Marykate Sinnott January 15, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I’ve followed it since the beginning too…How can you NOT watch season 9 ?!?
Marykate Sinnott recently posted..Predictions for 2012

60 Elle January 16, 2012 at 10:19 am

I watch One Tree Hill Too!!! I’m anxious to see who is under that white sheet!!
Elle recently posted..What’s Your Challenge?

61 Michelle January 16, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I am still watching OTH too :) So see there are still some lingering viewers – def sad this is the last season is well but hopefully it will be a good one! The first 5 minutes of last week’s episode were confusing a little sad – hopefully it doesn’t all work out like that….