Just What the Doc Ordered

Alright…I think I’m finally starting to feel back to normal!

But I will tell you that there is definitely one more factor contributing to this on-and-off grumpster mood, and it doesn’t have to do with sleep. It’s the frigid weather we’re having this weekend…

weather

Yeah. It feels like –4 degrees right now. Aren’t I lucky?

I know, I know…I live in the northeast. What should I expect, right?

Well, expected or not, this girl with the Raynaud’s disease definitely does not like it and all it does is make me want to stay in and hibernate. Unfortunately, that couldn’t happen today, since we sort of needed some food to eat.

But now, I’m a happy camper because…

• A quick pit stop at Target left me with a few brand new pieces of their C9 by Champion line of workout gear, including two of these tops, and a pair of these pants.
  • Our house is loaded up on tons of fresh produce…just check out that fruit bowl!

I even picked up clementines today, which I normally doesn’t buy. Don’t get me wrong – I love them – but it seems like anytime I buy a box of them, at least a third of them are no good. But considering the whole box was on sale for only $3.99, I tried my best to find a winner of a box. Fingers crossed.

By the time I got home and put the groceries away, it was a little bit after 5:00, but I actually had the urge to squeeze in a workout. Now you guys, I kid you not when I say that I probably haven’t worked out this late since at least last March when I was still teaching and would take classes at the gym after work.

I wanted something that was quick but would get my heart rate up, so I consulted my Pinterest fitness board, and came across a pin from Sarah Fit that I knew would do the trick (btw, Sarah is awesome and has some great workout videos!).

I did the Strength Train portion of this particular workout, and it totally did the trick. It only took probably 20 minutes but was definitely intense and totally worth it.

Post-workout, it was time for some dinnahhh.

I haven’t done a very good job of getting my veggies in so far this weekend, so I figured since I was on my own, it’d be a perfect opportunity to keep it simple and load up on the good stuff.

I had a little bit of everything in this bad boy, including a hard boiled egg (white) and a Dr. Praeger’s veggie burger.

And some of my favorite balsamic vinaigrette dressing to bring it all together.

I think this was just what the doc ordered…perhaps along with a couple handfuls of this later on. Winking smile

Now it’s time for me to catch up on a few emails and chill out for the evening. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Comments

oh man, i am feeling you with those frigid temps. i had just looked at weather.com before reading your post and in worcester,ma it says 7 degrees and feels like -8!

i had to get gas today and i swear i COULDNT FEEL my hands (i, too, have rayneuds :( ) for a legit 10 minutes! i had to wait in the parking lot with my heat blasting so i could actually GRIP the steering wheel!! yikes

your salad looks delicious!!!
    Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..I’m Getting Faster

I am in Boston and it is freezing!!! and you’re still colder then that. wow! I always wonder if I would survive a real life in a cold place. wanna trade? Orlando for NY? ha
    carissa recently posted..75 and sunny

Workout clothes shopping always makes me feel better! :-) I just went this weekend to Target and they had some decent stuff (for pretty cheap…bonus!).

It’s starting to feel like winter here too..but I can’t really complain since it was 50 degrees on Monday!

And I LOVE clementines…I never liked oranges growing up but for some reason I love those little guys. :-)
    Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut recently posted..Merry Baking {Christmas} Eve 2011! (Part 1)

I have Raynauds too and was diagnosed with it when I was in high school. I actually have a huge pack of hand and foot warmers I keep available in case I get too cold! My mom bought me the industrial size pack from Eddie Bauer
    a few years ago and I am still working my way through the bag. Also layering on 2 or 3 pairs of socks at a time doesn’t hurt either! :-)
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..A Sweet & Sour Decision, Part 1

• Courtney says

Haha, YES! I actually had to tell all of my family this year to NOT buy me anymore for my Christmas stocking…everyone knows so they all get them for me and well, let’s just say I’m set for a loooooong time ;)

I have the same problem with clemenitines and other massive packs of fruit! I don’t seem to eat them all fast enough and then the bottom layer are bad! But then again, $4-5 for a massive amount of vitamin c and such a delicious taste is worth a few spoiled ones!
    Olivia recently posted..Relax-y Sunday

I have the same problem with clementines and other massive packs of fruit! I don’t seem to eat them all fast enough and then the bottom layer are bad! But then again, $4-5 for a massive amount of vitamin c and such a delicious taste is worth a few spoiled ones!
    Olivia recently posted..Relax-y Sunday

Thanks Court for including links to my workout and site :) Glad you liked it! I need to do more like that. It’s FREEZING in Boston as well. Was 6F this AM with a wind chill of -11F! I just want some snow so I can go skiing and I’ll stop complaining about the cold.
    Sarah @ SarahFit recently posted..Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip

glad to see you’re having a better day! lately i’ve been seeming to have grumpy days more often (almost one every week) and have been trying really hard to find ways to turn them around!

your salad looks absolutely delicious – i love packing tons of veggies in. and newsman’s own dressings are seriously the bomb. my favorite is the asian sesame ginger!
    Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Cheesy Mexican Breakfast Sandwich.

9. Tiffany says

I’m not sure if it’s just me and my iPhone, but when I read your blog on my phone, your banner keeps repeating itself all the way down making it really hard to read. Just wanted to see if you knew about that and if anyone else was experiencing the same problem?

• Courtney says

Hmmm, I’ve never had that problem on my android, and nobody else has mentioned anything as of yet. I’ll definitely look into it though…thanks for the heads up, Tiffany!