Just What the Doc Ordered

by Courtney on January 15, 2012

Alright…I think I’m finally starting to feel back to normal!

But I will tell you that there is definitely one more factor contributing to this on-and-off grumpster mood, and it doesn’t have to do with sleep. It’s the frigid weather we’re having this weekend…

weather

Yeah. It feels like –4 degrees right now. Aren’t I lucky?

I know, I know…I live in the northeast. What should I expect, right?

Well, expected or not, this girl with the Raynaud’s disease definitely does not like it and all it does is make me want to stay in and hibernate. Unfortunately, that couldn’t happen today, since we sort of needed some food to eat.

But now, I’m a happy camper because…

• A quick pit stop at Target left me with a few brand new pieces of their C9 by Champion line of workout gear, including two of these tops, and a pair of these pants.
  • Our house is loaded up on tons of fresh produce…just check out that fruit bowl!

I even picked up clementines today, which I normally doesn’t buy. Don’t get me wrong – I love them – but it seems like anytime I buy a box of them, at least a third of them are no good. But considering the whole box was on sale for only $3.99, I tried my best to find a winner of a box. Fingers crossed.

By the time I got home and put the groceries away, it was a little bit after 5:00, but I actually had the urge to squeeze in a workout. Now you guys, I kid you not when I say that I probably haven’t worked out this late since at least last March when I was still teaching and would take classes at the gym after work.

I wanted something that was quick but would get my heart rate up, so I consulted my Pinterest fitness board, and came across a pin from Sarah Fit that I knew would do the trick (btw, Sarah is awesome and has some great workout videos!).

I did the Strength Train portion of this particular workout, and it totally did the trick. It only took probably 20 minutes but was definitely intense and totally worth it.

Post-workout, it was time for some dinnahhh.

I haven’t done a very good job of getting my veggies in so far this weekend, so I figured since I was on my own, it’d be a perfect opportunity to keep it simple and load up on the good stuff.

I had a little bit of everything in this bad boy, including a hard boiled egg (white) and a Dr. Praeger’s veggie burger.

And some of my favorite balsamic vinaigrette dressing to bring it all together.

I think this was just what the doc ordered…perhaps along with a couple handfuls of this later on. Winking smile

Now it’s time for me to catch up on a few emails and chill out for the evening. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn January 15, 2012 at 7:37 pm

That kettle corn is made of MAGIC. The same thing happened to me! This weather makes me feel so lazy. I’ve been enjoying my couch more than anything. I think my body’s just waiting for classes to start again!
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Addicted to Anthropologie

2 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it January 15, 2012 at 7:38 pm

oh man, i am feeling you with those frigid temps. i had just looked at weather.com before reading your post and in worcester,ma it says 7 degrees and feels like -8!

i had to get gas today and i swear i COULDNT FEEL my hands (i, too, have rayneuds :( ) for a legit 10 minutes! i had to wait in the parking lot with my heat blasting so i could actually GRIP the steering wheel!! yikes

your salad looks delicious!!!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..I’m Getting Faster

3 carissa January 15, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I am in Boston and it is freezing!!! and you’re still colder then that. wow! I always wonder if I would survive a real life in a cold place. wanna trade? Orlando for NY? ha
carissa recently posted..75 and sunny

4 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes January 15, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Feels so good to catch up on veggies. We made kabobs last night and I love having easy veg leftovers. It’s good mood food, hehe :)
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Makin’ Whoopie Pie Pancakes

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 15, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I understand about the weather affecting your mood! I can’t stand the cold weather, and I’m not a fan of snow! So we’ve been spending most of the weekend hiding away in our house! ;) I’ve only gone out to make a quick trip to the grocery store and for church this morning! :P
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Whatcha Reading Weekend: The Hunger Games

6 Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut January 15, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Workout clothes shopping always makes me feel better! :-) I just went this weekend to Target and they had some decent stuff (for pretty cheap…bonus!).

It’s starting to feel like winter here too..but I can’t really complain since it was 50 degrees on Monday!

And I LOVE clementines…I never liked oranges growing up but for some reason I love those little guys. :-)
Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut recently posted..Merry Baking {Christmas} Eve 2011! (Part 1)

7 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 15, 2012 at 7:56 pm

It’s in the 40s here and I’m dyyyying. Clementines are so good lately, I hope yours are all good!

8 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 15, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I have Raynauds too and was diagnosed with it when I was in high school. I actually have a huge pack of hand and foot warmers I keep available in case I get too cold! My mom bought me the industrial size pack from Eddie Bauer
a few years ago and I am still working my way through the bag. Also layering on 2 or 3 pairs of socks at a time doesn’t hurt either! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..A Sweet & Sour Decision, Part 1

9 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Haha, YES! I actually had to tell all of my family this year to NOT buy me anymore for my Christmas stocking…everyone knows so they all get them for me and well, let’s just say I’m set for a loooooong time ;)

10 Olivia January 15, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I have the same problem with clemenitines and other massive packs of fruit! I don’t seem to eat them all fast enough and then the bottom layer are bad! But then again, $4-5 for a massive amount of vitamin c and such a delicious taste is worth a few spoiled ones!
Olivia recently posted..Relax-y Sunday

11 Olivia January 15, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I have the same problem with clementines and other massive packs of fruit! I don’t seem to eat them all fast enough and then the bottom layer are bad! But then again, $4-5 for a massive amount of vitamin c and such a delicious taste is worth a few spoiled ones!
Olivia recently posted..Relax-y Sunday

12 Jenny@HealthyMOChick January 15, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I have that happen with apples all the time! P.S. Missouri is right there with ya, well maybe a few degrees warmer but we busted out the fireplace the past couple of nights :)
Jenny@HealthyMOChick recently posted..Drunk Chicken and Happy Birthday to me :)

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 15, 2012 at 9:10 pm

It has been SO cold in PA this weekend. Oddly enough, it’s supposed to rain on Tuesday… RAIN?! I’m not a HUGE fan of snow, but this teacher could use a snow day or two!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Dunkin’ Donuts Oatmeal

14 Sarah @ SarahFit January 15, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Thanks Court for including links to my workout and site :) Glad you liked it! I need to do more like that. It’s FREEZING in Boston as well. Was 6F this AM with a wind chill of -11F! I just want some snow so I can go skiing and I’ll stop complaining about the cold.
Sarah @ SarahFit recently posted..Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip

15 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Sure thing, Sarah! ;)

16 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 15, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Glad you’re feeling back to your chipper self again! It sucks that it’s so freakin cold there! It’s been in the high 50s to low 60s here in CO this weekend, but we’ll be joining you tomorrow with cold temps and snow…boo!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Long Run Sundays: Partial Breakups & Sausage Fingers

17 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 15, 2012 at 9:50 pm

I get super crabby in the winter too – you’re not alone!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..back to the basics: roasting vegetables

18 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 15, 2012 at 10:11 pm

It’s good to know that I am not the only one who wants to hybernate in the winter! :) Wouldn’t it be cool if we could actually do that?? No, just me?? :)

I picked up some clementines today myself….It was super yummy!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..A night out on the town!

19 Kerry @ Totes My Oats January 15, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I looove salads with tons of stuff in them! It makes them so much better than just a bowl of lettuce!

20 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna January 15, 2012 at 11:41 pm

glad to see you’re having a better day! lately i’ve been seeming to have grumpy days more often (almost one every week) and have been trying really hard to find ways to turn them around!

your salad looks absolutely delicious – i love packing tons of veggies in. and newsman’s own dressings are seriously the bomb. my favorite is the asian sesame ginger!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Cheesy Mexican Breakfast Sandwich.

21 Khushboo January 16, 2012 at 12:24 am

You know you’re into healthy living when a bowl of salad spurs on a craving ;)!
Khushboo recently posted..Superfood or Supercrap?

22 MizFit January 16, 2012 at 5:58 am

I giggle my kitchen is where fruit goes to die and rot :-) the boxes and bags never seem as big when I BUY THEM!!
MizFit recently posted..DA Active & MizFit’s cleavage.

23 Courtney January 16, 2012 at 6:44 am

Well, at least we know your chia seeds aren’t going to go bad ;)

24 Hope January 16, 2012 at 7:44 am

I hate this really cold weather too! It makes going outside miserable! I hope it warms a bit.

That salad looks great! I love salads filled with lots of veggies :)
Hope recently posted..A Birthday Celebration & The Rest Of The Weekend…

25 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy January 16, 2012 at 8:03 am

I can feel pretty down in the winter months too…I like my sunshine. I need to go to Target for some new workout gear..my old t-shirts just aren’t cutting it anymore!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..He Will Be Missed

26 Sara @my less serious life January 16, 2012 at 8:27 am

i absolutely love when my house is stocked with produce. such a great feeling! glad to know there are others out there who appreciate such things. :)

27 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 16, 2012 at 9:20 am

Brrr that is freezing – I would be in hibernation too. I hope it warms up soon.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Red Velvet Cream Cheese Swirl Cookies

28 Tiffany January 16, 2012 at 9:27 am

I’m not sure if it’s just me and my iPhone, but when I read your blog on my phone, your banner keeps repeating itself all the way down making it really hard to read. Just wanted to see if you knew about that and if anyone else was experiencing the same problem?

29 Courtney January 16, 2012 at 9:56 am

Hmmm, I’ve never had that problem on my android, and nobody else has mentioned anything as of yet. I’ll definitely look into it though…thanks for the heads up, Tiffany!

30 Michelle (Better with Berries) January 16, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Thanks for that link to Sarahfit.com! I had never heard of it – she has some great stuff! Definitely saving that workout.
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Dessert Detox: Accomplished