I Definitely Will Not Miss That

by Courtney on January 19, 2012

You know what I just realized? Today is my last long day of working at the salon, and tomorrow is actually my last day. Crazy! I’m definitely going to miss some of these girls here (‘specially you, Kelsey!), and I’ll really miss my Wednesdays working with mom. But one thing I definitely will NOT miss, however, are my 10-hour workdays. These are for the birds, I’ll tell ya!

****

Since I shared my “Build Your Own Boot Camp” workout earlier this afternoon, I never got a chance to talk food…so let’s get to it!

Mid-Morning Snack

Plain Chobani sprinkled with a little truvia, cinnamon, fresh strawberries and chia seeds. These strawberries are delicious right now!

Lunch

Okay, somebody needs to figure out how to make leftover soup/stew not look like barf. (And I bet if you weren’t picturing it as that before, you are now! Haha, sorry ‘bout that one).

Some leftover Crockpot Chicken & Veggie Stew + two Wasa crackers called themselves lunch today and even though it might not look too purrrty, it certainly was tasty. Definitely better than last night already.

Shortly after lunch, I had to head out and run a couple errands from work, and just so happened to find myself in the Dunkin’ Donuts drive-thru. Today’s beverage of choice: a hazelnut coffee with skim milk and a splash of hot chocolate (aka, my favorite hot cocoa coffee). It was a perfect, much-needed little afternoon treat.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

A couple hours later, I snacked on two clementines (so far this box has had no duds, knock on wood!) and some roasted almonds.

I still need to try that whole soaking thing. I keep forgetting about it…somebody remind me? ;)

Dinner

I kid you not when I say that I had been waiting for this salad since about 8:00am this morning when I was making it. It’s not every day that I’d crave a salad so early, but this was one that I knew was going to be a winner.

There were so many veggies in this one that I wound up having to take out a small handful of lettuce just so it would all fit. Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about!

This grilled chicken salad was loaded up with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, broccoli, bread & butter pickles, baby carrots, corn, and 1 wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese.

I also decided to save a dressing container and did the dressing on bottom trick.

Lots of bright, colorful, yummy food in mah belly today. Smile

It’s looking like tonight shouldn’t be *too* late of a night at work, which is fantastic. I really, really need to just get home and spend some time with my boys. I feel like I’ve barely seen hubby this entire week, since our schedules have been so opposite. I’m already picturing it…couch, cozies, hot tea, maybe a couple rice cakes with (more) peanut butter, and some snuggle time.

::Insert big ‘ol sappy awwww (or “gag me”) here:: ;)

1 Darcy January 19, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Hey………not at the salon anymore? Where are you going? I must have missed that blog????????

2 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it January 19, 2012 at 7:55 pm

that salad looks amazing! i love packing in as many random veggies as possible!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..The Day I Ate 10 Pancakes for Lunch

3 Anna January 19, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Your salad look yummy! I will have to try the dressing on the bottom sometime. I love the addition of pickles I never thought of that.
Anna recently posted..Moving Towards A New Life Phase

4 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 19, 2012 at 8:04 pm

The clementines look fantastic… I’m adding them to my grocery list now.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Restaurant Review – San Jose Mexican Restaurant

5 Lindsey @ happyhoneycrisp January 19, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Hazelnut coffee with a splash of hot chocolate sounds absolutely divine. That salad looks so yummy too, so many veggies and nutrients!! I love that dressing on the bottom trick, I have to try that asap. Thanks for sharing! :)
Lindsey @ happyhoneycrisp recently posted..There’s a Monster in My Tummy

6 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 19, 2012 at 8:12 pm

wow, that sure is a colorful day of eats! i love it! and what are you talking about when you say soak the almonds? i’ve never heard of that before.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Head Is In A Whirlwind…

7 Kim @ The Family Practice January 19, 2012 at 9:11 pm

soaking thing? soak the almonds? why? I’m so confused!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Tomorrow’s Another Day

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 19, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Enjoy your night at home!

9 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 19, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I agree! Snuggle time is the best time, I would never say “gag me” about that! :-)
Great job on getting through your very busy week! You are at the finish line now, hang in there girl!!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Whip it Good

10 Kelsey January 19, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I’ll cry less as long as you have the am blog up by 9 when I’m having my coffee :)I good luck with the new job, you’ll be a great trainer!!

11 Courtney January 19, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Thanks, Kels! I will certainly try my best :-D

12 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life January 19, 2012 at 10:25 pm

You’re so sweet when you talk about your hubby! I have a tendency to be less gushy, but you make me want to step it up!

And I actually saw barf today (munchkin was sick…I know TMI), and it looks nothing like your stew! :-)
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..TOTAL FRENZY & Stir-UNFry

13 Clare @ SweetnSimple January 19, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Your food looks SO good – loving all the colours :) I have just started have Chobani yoghurt, it is actually amazing!!

14 Khushboo January 19, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Aaawwww :)

15 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous January 19, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I packed a killer salad for lunch today and looked forward to it all morning so I don’t think your crazy! I really hate it when I get duds in my cutie bag!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous recently posted..Ski Bunny Bum!

16 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 20, 2012 at 12:25 am

lol…Just happened to find yourself at Dunkin Donuts…:) Looks like a great day of eats! :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Chacing my tail!

17 Courtney January 20, 2012 at 9:26 am

Hey, what can I say…it happens ;)

18 dee January 20, 2012 at 12:38 am

Your salads always make me crave veggies! :) Quick question(s): since your salads are so nicely packed in the container with the sauce in the bottom, do you shake to distribute? Is there any room to shake, shake, shake? Or do you strategically- and as neatly as possible (so you don’t lose any veggies!), do the “folding” method, like with batter? I’m guilty of always attempting the folding method, but my veggies always end up succumbing to the 5-second rule..

19 Courtney January 20, 2012 at 9:22 am

I’m definitely a shake-shake-shaker ;)

20 Grace January 20, 2012 at 1:20 am

Great healthy to go eats!

21 lau January 20, 2012 at 6:58 am

Great food !!
lau recently posted..Healthy on a budget !

22 Heather January 20, 2012 at 7:59 am

happy last day, dear!
Heather recently posted..Letters

23 Lindsay@FuelMyFamily January 20, 2012 at 8:26 am

Dressing on the bottom trick is great, thanks! I never bring salads on road trips because they will get soggy by I always need to finish remaining produce. Perfect idea!
Lindsay@FuelMyFamily recently posted..BOB or no BOB?

24 Nicole January 20, 2012 at 10:21 am

You’re so right – the strawberries have been SO good lately! I just polished off a similar breakfast of a lemon chobani topped with strawberries and TJ’s granola – it was so good, and totally brought me back to summertime with the flavor combination… if only! :)

25 Dana January 20, 2012 at 10:31 am

I like the dressing on the bottom idea! I pack a lot of salads for lunch during the week, and I have yet to find a good dressing container! They always leak!

I am totally trying that out next week… thanks for the tip!