Interesting Surprise

by Courtney on January 19, 2012

I’m exhausted today. Anybody else feeling completely pooped out? Oy vey…alright, I just had to throw that out there. Moving on!

After working at the salon yesterday, I had a little over an hour to kill before job #2, so I decided to hit up my gym for a BodyPump class. It has been forever since I worked out at any time past 6:30am, and man, was that room filled! It’s been a couple of weeks since I last took a class, so it felt good to get pumped up again.

Once class was over, it was time to get headed to work, and I actually ended up having an interesting surprise…I had my very first client! I wasn’t totally sure that I was going to be having a client so soon (since I’ve been doing a lot of shadowing), but apparently it’s time to get crackin’!

I think it went really well, and I can already tell that one of my favorite parts of this job is going to be the interactions with everyone. I loved getting to know her a bit, learning what her fitness goals are, and how we can work together to achieve them. So much fun!

By the time I got home from work, it was almost 8:00pm and I was hungry. I hate when dinner ends up being so late, but sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches, right? Luckily, all I had to do was ladle it out of the crockpot.

Yesterday morning, I put together a batch of Crockpot Veggie Stew, but I also added in two chicken breasts this time. The last time I made it, it was great, but it needed some protein. The addition of the chicken was perfect…so so yummy!

I followed up my stew with another VitaTop with peanut butter (because apparently I can’t get enough of the stuff) and ended up heading to bed not long after that. By this time, it was almost 10:00pm, and I had a 4:30am wakeup call ahead of me. Ooof.

*****

I was up ‘n at ‘em bright and early and out the door a little before 5am this morning to do some shadowing. Another Clif Z Bar was consumed on the way.

But about two minutes into my drive, I got a text saying that the client cancelled, and since that was the only one I was going to see today, I ended up turning around and went back home. By this time it was only 5:15am, and I really could have gone back to bed, but since I was already up and I have a long day of work today, I knew that’d be my only chance for a workout.

I popped my 10lb Slimdown Xtreme DVD in, and sweated my way through the Cardio Kickboxing + 10 minute Abs videos (about 50 minutes total). I decided to do those because they are two of my favorite workout videos that I own, and I knew I needed something to keep me alert and interested. Winking smile

*****

Breakfast

My morning cup ‘o joe could not come soon enough today. Again, it’s not like the caffeine does anything for me…I just love my morning coffee tradition.

For breakfast, I made a no-fuss English muffin with nut butter, banana slices, and chia seeds.

Almond butter on one, peanut butter on the other. Peanut butter saved for last…as always. Winking smile

Seriously, I don’t know what the deal is, but I cannot get enough peanut butter lately.

Is it possible to have an addiction for sweets turn into an addiction for peanut butter?

Alrighty folks, I’m off. See ya later gators!

1 Khushboo January 19, 2012 at 9:31 am

My love for peanut butter must have gone to you because I am just not feeling it like I used to! Nice going on NOT going back to bed- takes a lot of willpower at that hour of the day!
Khushboo recently posted..My new workout schedule

2 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 19, 2012 at 9:32 am

No wonder you are exhausted you are SO busy! I can totally relate to the Peanut butter thing, lately I just haven’t been able to get enough either. From PB2, to PB & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams I’m totally obsessed!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Restaurant Review – San Jose Mexican Restaurant

3 Corinne January 19, 2012 at 9:37 am

I just had oats with warm banana and melted peanut butter. I’m officially addicted, best breakfast ever!
Are you working at a local gym or one of those big chain ones?
Corinne recently posted..Choco Chip Craisin Balls

4 Mallory @ Have your cake January 19, 2012 at 9:42 am

oh wow, 4:30?! i dont think i could do it. i struggle enough getting up at 8 for work! i hope your first client was nice!
Mallory @ Have your cake recently posted..The Day I Ate 10 Pancakes for Lunch

5 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 19, 2012 at 9:49 am

How exciting! Congrats on your first client!
I bet that would be exciting, hearing people’s goals etc. Im sure you will get some different stuff like people wantin to gain strength, lose weight, tone, etc! Fun!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Everybody Limbo & I Finally Made Roasted Cauliflower

6 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 19, 2012 at 10:01 am

Great job on your first client! That had to be so nerve wracking/exciting!! I am sure you did an awesome job. You do a great job explaining fitness/health on this blog. I know it is awesome practice for your new job! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..A Fishy Situation

7 Courtney January 19, 2012 at 10:41 am

Thank you, Jana!

8 Brigitt January 19, 2012 at 10:11 am

I think its awesome that you can get up and start your day so early. I really just cannot get used to it. Maybe because I don’t go to bed until 12:30 most nights? Congrats on your first client!
Brigitt recently posted..An Underrated Magazine

9 Jessie January 19, 2012 at 10:28 am

Good luck with your new client! I wish I lived closer – I’d definitely love to be a client of yours :) I’m sure you’ll be great!

10 Courtney January 19, 2012 at 10:32 am

Aww, thank you, Jessie! :)

11 Jodi January 19, 2012 at 10:32 am

WOw…you are definitely busy! Do you like your new job?
Jodi recently posted..Booked Up

12 Courtney January 19, 2012 at 10:43 am

So far, yes! It’ll be much easier to tell once I’m there full time. Right now, it’s so sporadic because I’m still finishing up at my other job.

13 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 19, 2012 at 10:50 am

Yesterday was the day that dragged for me. I was very happy when I crawled into bed! Congrats on having your first client!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..The Beginning of the End

14 Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 19, 2012 at 10:55 am

pb is a great transfer addiction. I know. I am addled with it.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Eating Too Much Fiber at Oktoberfest

15 Courtney January 19, 2012 at 11:27 am

Congrats on your first client! That’s so exciting!! When I was in college I worked at a Curves, and while it wasn’t your typical one on one personal training, I loved chatting with the ladies as they went around the circuit. Getting to know them was definitely the best part of the job!

16 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 19, 2012 at 11:31 am

congrats on having your first client!! thats so exciting!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Choco-Chia-Berry Overnight Oats

17 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots January 19, 2012 at 11:41 am

I feel like my day isn’t complete unless peanut butter is in it!

18 Ari @ Ari's Menu January 19, 2012 at 11:52 am

I have a total nut butter addiction! I feel like if you’re not eating the super sugary sweets, maybe things that are slightly sweet and delicious like nut butters become even more so?
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Check, Next?

19 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt January 19, 2012 at 12:00 pm

How exciting! Your 1st. client!!! Congrats
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..I Swear I Saw the Sun

20 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 19, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Yay!!! First client! Super cool Courtney! :) I completely agree with you….I could have nut butter on anything, well not anything, but I do love the stuff. EM, banana, nut butter, and chia seeds is probably my most favorite breakfast.

You are totally my hero Courtney!! Getting up so early and starting your days! So do you crash around 8 or 9?? :)

Have a great day!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Buenos Dias!

21 Tina @ Best Body Fitness January 19, 2012 at 12:30 pm

WOOOOOOO! I know you did awesome!!!!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Switch From “Diet Eating” to “Healthy Eating”

22 Molly January 19, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Congrats on your first client!!

23 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 19, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Woohoo for going back home! (well, kind of) That’s so neat you got your first client yesterday!

Have you been skimping at all on healthy fats lately? Sometimes when my fats are down, I typically crave them like nobody’s business!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..over easy savory oatmeal with kale

24 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat January 19, 2012 at 1:18 pm

When I gave up sugar for Lent, I definitely craved more salty things – peanut butter, popcorn, nuts… unfortunately my favorite PBs have a bunch of added sugar.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Lightened Up – Lemon Ricotta Muffins

25 lau January 19, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Congrats for your first client ! AWESOME !
lau recently posted..The wrong choices

26 Charlotte January 19, 2012 at 3:49 pm
27 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes January 19, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Your coffee looks like it has chocolate in it!

28 Jessica January 19, 2012 at 4:54 pm

this is exactly what’s happened to me! I can go crazy now for any nut butter its absultely insane. i have to figure out how to control it!

29 Pure2raw twins January 19, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I made a quick stew this evening, well attempted at least. Just through it together really quick, yours looks much better than mine.
Pure2raw twins recently posted..changing things up

30 Chelsea January 20, 2012 at 10:17 am

How exciting for you to have your first client! Congratulations =D I hope to get my PT certification soon and be able to do what I love for a job <3

31 Laura@mypurposefullife January 21, 2012 at 11:25 am

What a fantastic surprise to have your first client! Major congrats, Courtney! It makes me so happy to hear that you can already tell you’re going to like the human interaction that comes along with the job. That’s great to already know! On a completely different note, I am the exact same way about coffee. The caffeine doesn’t seem to do much (or anything) for me, but it’s the comfort of holding a warm mug of something in the morning. And the taste, which I love. I look forward to it every morning!
Laura@mypurposefullife recently posted..Keep Movin’