Fashion Friday: Fitness Edition

by Courtney on January 20, 2012

Happy Fashion Friday!

I know…it’s seriously been a while since I’ve done any sort of Fashion Friday post (I’ve been slacking) but I figured that today would be a great opportunity to share some of the things I’m loving lately when it comes to fitness and fashions. Let’s get to it!

*****

Sneakers: Nike In-Season TR Women’s Training Shoe

I actually went and tried these shoes on earlier this week, loved them, but couldn’t find my size in the color that I wanted. You can bet that I’ll be back out on the hunt this weekend for them!

Sports Bra: Champion SHAPE T-Back Sports Bra

This particular sports bra has long been my absolute favorite. For all of us with a little less than desirable up top, it does a really nice job of giving you a little bit of shape and a whole lot of comfort.

Workout Top: C9 by Champion® Womens Long & Lean Running Tank

I just bought two of these tank tops earlier this week and I’m already in love. I love the fact that they’re longer and I don’t feel like I’m constantly pulling it back down during a workout. I love that there is no inner shelf-bra (since I always wear a sports bra anyway) digging into my sides. And best of all, I love the price, at only $11.99. You can’t beat it!

Workout Bottoms: Champion SHAPE™ FITTED Women’s Smoothing Knee Pants

I’ve been loving these pants ever since I had the opportunity to review them this past summer. They are really just awesome – if you want to read my full review on them, feel free to check out the original post about them.

And finally, there’s one new product, not exactly fashion related, that I’m super interested in…

The Nike+ FuelBand

The Nike+ FuelBand is a brand new product just became available for pre-order yesterday, and will officially launch on February 22nd. From what I can tell, this thing appears to be able to do everything, from track calories burned, steps taken, time spent on an activity, and more. You can set your own goals, track your progress, and challenge yourself to newer, more challenging goals.

The Nike+ FuelBand is currently retailing for $149.00, so it’s definitely something that I’ve got my eye on. I just want to do some more research and find out a little more about it.

So there we have it! Feel free to share anything fitness and/or fashion related that you’ve been loving lately!

1 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life January 20, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I love those tennis shoes! I have some that are very similar, but I really need to upgrade.
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..Things That Make Me Die

2 Megan (Braise The Roof) January 20, 2012 at 1:38 pm

That Fuel Band sounds so cool- I want one! And I’m not even a fitness gadget person! :) I also need to go out and find some of those tank tops, I don’t like them with the shelf bra either.
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..We Met On The Internet

3 Susie January 20, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Keep us updated about the Fitness Band! I wonder how accurate it will really be…

4 Mallory @ Have your cake January 20, 2012 at 1:53 pm

that fuel band looks awesome, much lighter than a garmin. its sold out already?!

5 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 20, 2012 at 2:08 pm

i, too, love a lot of the C9/Champion athletic wear – it’s so affordable, comfortable, and cute! that Nike fuel band sounds awesome… i’d love to check that out.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..What I Didn’t Tell You…

6 Khushboo January 20, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Love the Fuel Band but I think it would be too obsessive with the numbers!
Khushboo recently posted..The “Say Cheese” Workout

7 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 20, 2012 at 2:38 pm

The fuel band looks pretty cool! I have actually had my eye on a body bugg because i want something like that, that most specifically can calculate my calories burned!
I will definitely be researching that a little too, please share with us info you find about it!! Im curious to hear more about what you think!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Random Friday & My Dog Looks Like A Dinosaur

8 Corinne January 20, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Those long and lean champion tops are awesome!! Have them in 5 colors haha! Any tips on where to get a deal on Nike sneakers? I love the free’s but they’re pricey!
Corinne recently posted..Turk Burg’s & Oven Fries

9 Courtney January 21, 2012 at 11:57 am

I tried them on at Sports Authority but they didn’t have my size. I’ll be out looking again today!

10 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 20, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I love the baby doll work out tanks from Target! They are so cute and comfy! I love all the work out gear from Target though, because it looks so much like Under Armour or Nike, but for half the price!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Whip it Good

11 erica January 20, 2012 at 2:53 pm

that nike fuel band sounds very interesting, i think i’m going to have to read up on that!!! thanks for sharing! :)
erica recently posted..trying new things…

12 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 20, 2012 at 3:06 pm

The fuel band looks interesting and super cool! Um, yeah, the shoes look snazzy….. (going to the website right now!!) :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Chacing my tail!

13 Mindy January 20, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Ah, I would love to have the fuel band too! It’s already out of stock!
Mindy recently posted..Grown-up bagel bite

14 Candice January 20, 2012 at 3:29 pm

the fuel band looks pretty cool. I wonder how it compares to a body bugg?
Candice recently posted..Secrets of a Salad

15 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 20, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I have 3 pairs of those champion pants! they are my favorite!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Healthy Mac and Cheese

16 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 20, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Totally interested in that Nike band! Let me know what you find out!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Need To Get Rid Of

17 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 20, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I LOVE the Nike Free TR training shoe. I’m going to have to look into that sports bra because I am definitely not blessed up top…
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Meals with No Excuses

18 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health January 20, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Um, I really want those tanks! That is such a great price! I’ve been loving my new Nike Free shoes :)…they are blue, white, and bright pink! I heard about that nike fuelband and it’s definitely something I plan to keep my eye on as well!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Dinner, Gymboss, and Nike

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 20, 2012 at 4:45 pm

That workout top is really cute! And only $11?? That’s an awesome deal!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin: The Other (Delicious) White Meat

20 Kellie Wagner January 20, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I’m anxious to learn more about the Nike+ bands. I also LOVE looooonnng tanks for running. Love C9 brand and Target!
Kellie Wagner recently posted..Snowy afternoon

21 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish January 20, 2012 at 6:55 pm

The Nike Fuel Band looks awesome! I’ve been thinking about buying a Media Fit armband, but now I’m going to have to reconsider. I’d rather wear something around my wrist! :)

22 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath January 20, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I love Champion brandk work-out clothes—affordable, but good quality!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Not Making Excuses.

23 Nat January 20, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Hey, I have been following your blog for a while and enjoy you daily updates..Kinda random question but I am wanting to try Wasa Crackers, but as there are so many varieties, which one did you post a picture of yesterday, they look yummy :)

Thanks!

24 Courtney January 21, 2012 at 11:55 am

They were the multigrain ones :)

25 Sherri January 20, 2012 at 9:25 pm

I’ll admit I haven’t done much research on the Nike+ FuelBand but from what I’ve seen it seems very similar to the Fitbit. I just purchased a Fitbit a few weeks ago and I’m in love with it! It counts calories burned, steps, miles, flights of stairs, measures your sleep activity, and you general activity through the day. It syncs up and you can see progress online. It’s $50 cheaper than the Nike option. So when you’re researching, you may want to check out the Fitbit, too.
Sherri recently posted..New Cardio Playlist

26 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 20, 2012 at 9:34 pm

shopping for fitness wear is seriously my favorite b/c i spend so much time in it. i have fitness gear post pending… happy friday, love! :)
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..in a jiffy gym tips.

27 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 20, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Thanks for posting this Courtney – I am in desperate need of new workout clothing.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Restaurant Review – San Jose Mexican Restaurant

28 Katie January 21, 2012 at 1:37 am

I am not quite convinced on the Nike Fuel Band. I have heard it cannot accurately account for weight training. Just seems that, similar to cardio machines, it might give an inaccurate picture of calories burned.

29 Claire January 21, 2012 at 1:40 am

I haven’t tried the Nike+ Fuel Band but my bf swears by the Fitbit (& i think it’s slightly cheaper!)

30 fitpeanut January 21, 2012 at 3:31 am

I like the shoes and the buel band !!
fitpeanut recently posted..Healthy on a budget !

31 Haley @ Fit, Young, and Fabulous January 21, 2012 at 9:38 am

Whoahhh! I can’t wait to read all of the reviews on the Nike band!! I want one!! I just want to read a lot about it first! I don’t know how it does it all! And I love that it’s not big and chunkay like a lot of other bands! And its pretty inexpensive! ((:
Haley @ Fit, Young, and Fabulous recently posted..Who’s Your Eda-Mommay?

32 michelle kim January 21, 2012 at 11:09 am

I know it’s weird, but other than going to Target for workout gear, I have tried the ones from Old Navy! They were on sale one time, and I purchases some long “compression” tights and loved them (especially because they were like $15 when I bought them)!
I also need a little pocket to store a key when I run and they had it, so I was quite impressed by Old Navy.
michelle kim recently posted..Awesome 10 miles

33 Kristin @ FoodFash January 21, 2012 at 11:55 am

The FuelBand looks awesome! I like that it isn’t super clunky.
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..FoodFash Mash – Poached Egg

34 Katie @ Plates and Paste January 22, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Wow, that Fuel band sounds pretty nifty!
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Polar FT7 Lowdown

35 Emilie January 22, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Ohh I want a Fuel Band. I hope they come out in Australia at the same time as the US release date. I like my Garmin products but that looks a lot cooler.
Emilie recently posted..January 2012 Bellabox Review

36 Laura March 22, 2012 at 9:25 am

Hi there! I’m wondering if you wear different sneakers depending on the activity your doing? Cheers!

37 Courtney March 22, 2012 at 10:51 am

I’m actually in the market for a new pair of cross trainers. Right now, I wear my running sneakers for everything which is definitely not a good thing, haha! I do have a pair of walking sneakers (New Balance) that I wear when I know I’m just going to be walking though.

38 Laura March 22, 2012 at 10:57 am

Thanks! I tend to wear my running shoes for everything, but have been looking to get something new for the weight room. Suggestions welcome :)

39 Brooke April 20, 2013 at 2:46 pm

omg i luvv the new tempo nike running shorts in pink their so adorb!

40 Brooke April 20, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I so recomend them!

41 nike free 5.0 May 12, 2013 at 12:58 am

Hi would you mind letting me know which web host you’re working with? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers and I must
say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a honest price?

Kudos, I appreciate it!