Guns and Buns

by Courtney on January 20, 2012

Ahhhhh. Do you hear that? It’s the sound of Friday, folks. It’s the sound of me giving a sigh of relief after seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Whew, talk about a week!

This morning I opted to sleep in, instead of getting up for an early workout. I had pretty much already been planning on taking today as a rest day anyway, but my body is definitely telling me it needs it right now. I had some pretty killer workouts this week (WOOT!), so I think it’s ‘bout time to give the guns and buns a day off.

Breakfast

Does this not look sinful or what?

Since I’m still fully immersed in my peanut butter addiction, there was no way I was leaving that out this morning. Today’s addiction was fueled with a big ‘ol serving of PB2, which was drizzled all over a delicious batch of pumpkin oats.

I also had to sprinkle a little Love Grown Foods granola in there too because, well, oatmeal really isn’t the same without it. I just made sure to go easy on my serving.

Coffee was delish, as always.

Now that I’m filled up with all sorts of peanut buttery, pumpkiny goodness, I think I’m ready to tackle the day!

As for the rest of today’s eats I have packed up, they honestly don’t look all that much different yesterday…

Snacks include two clementines, roasted almonds, and another cup of plain Chobani with strawberries and cinnamon. Lunch is some more leftover Crockpot Chicken & Veggie Stew, along with a whole wheat mini bagel.

I don’t need to worry about dinner since it’s my early day at the salon…which is also my last day! It’ll be bittersweet for sure, but I know it’s time. It’s time to move forward and go on to bigger and better things. Smile

What bigger and better things do you have in your sights?

1 Khushboo January 20, 2012 at 9:20 am

Woo hoo Congrats again for going with your gut and pursuing a PT trainer :)
Khushboo recently posted..The “Say Cheese” Workout

2 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 20, 2012 at 9:39 am

Congrats on your last day! I hope to use my college degree (journalism!) and continue to write as much as possible and focus on my blog! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Whip it Good

3 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat January 20, 2012 at 9:42 am

What a great flavor combination. I’m out of Love Grown but it was a great addition to pumpkin anything!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Lightened Up Mozzarella Sticks

4 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 20, 2012 at 9:44 am

haha i love your little “guns and buns” comment. :) enjoy your rest day! and there’s that PB2 again… i just ordered some last night from iHerb – can’t wait for it!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Head Is In A Whirlwind…

5 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss January 20, 2012 at 9:48 am

this post title is making me really happy. I now need more info about pb2, because I have yet to try it. ;) have a great last day, pretty!
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..If I Was on the Bachelor

6 Tara Burner January 20, 2012 at 9:49 am

Congrats on your last day
and OMG i luv peanutbutter
and today’s my bday..a day of contemplation, confession and new appreciation for my goals…i have BIG ones…
see: http://taraburner.com/misc/turning-44-birthday-confessions-advice-inspiration.php
Tara Burner recently posted..Fitspo Friday Feature – Glenneth Reed a/k/a LetsTalkAndWalk

7 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy January 20, 2012 at 9:59 am

Yay for moving on to bigger and better things! Enjoy your last day!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..My Leap List

8 Cait January 20, 2012 at 9:59 am

Congrats on your new ventures and enjoy your last day at the salon! I’m starting something new tomorrow – Farrell’s Extreme Bodyshaping – a 10-week fitness program. Pretty excited!
Cait recently posted..What Did I Get Myself Into?

9 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 20, 2012 at 10:10 am

Yum! Your oats remind me of the holidays….:) Congrats on the new changes in your life! I have worked at my job for going on 11 years, but it’s always in the back of my head to do something new. I would love to own my own health food bakery/coffee shop.

Right now I am concentrating on my Seminary class and see where that takes me. :)

Have a great day!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Chacing my tail!

10 Heather January 20, 2012 at 10:23 am

please imagine my face when i first read the title of your blog post.
please note, muscles were in no way imagined when I first read it.
i was thinking much more of the NRA and hamburger varieties. doh.
Heather recently posted..Letters

11 Courtney January 20, 2012 at 11:21 am

LOL…oh, Heather :)

12 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign January 20, 2012 at 11:09 am

Enjoy your last day! That PB oatmeal looks delicious!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..7 Things I’m Loving Lately

13 Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 20, 2012 at 11:36 am

Congrats on your last day!! Also, love the new share plugin!!

I want to do more guest posting on other blogs, I also want to *really* re-learn to ride a bike sans falling.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..How Young Is Too Young For Manual Labor?

14 Courtney January 21, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Thanks! It’s called Slick Social Share Buttons :)

15 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life January 20, 2012 at 11:40 am

Congrats on your last day!

I am seriously looking forward to moving into a bigger house. We had ours outgrown the second we moved into it. I am very thankful for it, though!
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..Things That Make Me Die

16 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 20, 2012 at 11:42 am

Yum your breakfast looks wonderful! Glad your moving on with your personal training carrer, your going to do great!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Strawberry & Banana Pancakes

17 Grace January 20, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Graduation and hopefully a job I like but who knows!
Grace recently posted..My Journey to the Marathon Part 1: Training.

18 Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 20, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Mmmmm your b-fast looks tasty! I would just use AB instead (I hate PB, so sorry).

LOVE the idea of moving on to great things :)
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Pin Down The Motivation

19 michelle kim January 20, 2012 at 1:05 pm

It’s always bittersweet when you are moving on from a place where you enjoyed working.
My “bigger and better” things will come in the fall as I study kinesiology at SFSU. Then after two years, it will get even BIGGER and BETTER.
michelle kim recently posted..Awesome 10 miles

20 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness January 20, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I am obsessed with peanut butter too! The PB2 variety is a amazing. I also heard of whipped peanut butter that is made by Peter Pan. It saves a few calories and tastes good. Add it to your PB repertoire!
I recently moved to the big city of NYC so that is MUCH bigger! Love the city:)
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Baring it All: Good, Bad and Doing it Again in NYC

21 Courtney January 21, 2012 at 11:59 am

I saw that at the store the other day – I’ll have to check it out!

22 Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre January 20, 2012 at 1:58 pm

The last day of a job is always bittersweet. You feel like you’re going to cry but yet you can’t wait to get out and start your new journey. I know the feeling (a few weeks ago…eeek!) My bigger and better things look similar to yours, only splitting the CPT time with health coaching. I can’t wait to finish studying and get in it.

What plugin is the new social media thing on the left side of your blog?
Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre recently posted..Almond Flour Crusted Tilapia

23 Courtney January 21, 2012 at 11:58 am

Slick Social Share Buttons :)

24 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 20, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Oh I have many, many bigger & better things that I HOPE are in my future! :-) Congrats on finishing up one stage & moving onto the next!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Unplanned Rest

25 Shannon January 20, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Congratulations on your ventures. A couple big things that I want to accomplish are to graduate high school and pick a good career choice (torn between journalism and being a police detective/FBI agent- TV shows make those two jobs look awesome).
Shannon recently posted..Stressful days and a reminder

26 Mary @ Bites and Bliss January 20, 2012 at 5:29 pm

That breakfast does look delicious!!

I have medical school in my eyes right now. Kind of scary to take such a leap with such a high chance of falling…but I’m going to try!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Are we predestined to crave fat?

27 Sarah January 20, 2012 at 9:25 pm

i want PB2!! it makes oatmeal look amazing!
Sarah recently posted..Healthy Oatmeal PROTEIN “cookies”

28 Julie January 21, 2012 at 1:47 am

You are making me crave peanut butter, too! Just ate a spoonful for dessert. :-) Those pumpkin-peanut butter oats look yummy!
Julie recently posted..Arms, Abs, and Eggs with Pizza

29 fitpeanut January 21, 2012 at 3:35 am

This breakfast looks so perfect ! Peanut butter is my secret lover :p
fitpeanut recently posted..Healthy on a budget !