Necessary Midnight Pizza

by Courtney on January 21, 2012

Talk about a fun night out!

Last night, Jay and I attended his work’s holiday kick-off party and had such a blast. His co-workers are always a fun time to hang out with anyways, so it was pretty much a guaranteed good time.

(This dress may look familiar to some of you.) Winking smile

The party began with a cocktail hour, where I enjoyed a couple glasses of wine. I don’t know whether it was the stress of the week or what, but that wine was tasting miiiighty good last night.

After the cocktail hour, we headed in to grab a table for dinner. As soon as we sat down, we noticed that each seat had a special little envelope in it with a lotto ticket. So cool, right? I think it would have been even cooler if I had won though. Ahh well.

Shortly after sitting down, we were served some salads.

As soon as I took out my camera, I actually got called out my one of Jay’s co-workers! He proceeded to ask, “Ohhh, are you BLOGGING right now?”

Why yes Tate, yes I am. Winking smile

I had to laugh because, a) the way he said it was just too funny, and b) the fact that his co-workers read STSL every once in a while is great. I don’t always worry about taking pictures while I’m out, depending on the crowd and the situation, but at least I know I don’t have to worry about it with these guys. I actually found out last night that quite a few of his co-workers read the blog, which is awesome!

But anyway…

So along with my salad, I had a roll with some delicious herb butter. I was getting pretty hungry by this point, and with a couple glasses of wine in me, I was about ready to annihilate the bread basket. Good thing dinner came quickly.

For dinner, I decided to change things up a bit from my usual and went with the steak. It was surprisingly really good and was cooked perfectly for me (medium).

Then, shortly after dinner…there was dessert.

This was the first real dessert that I’ve had since starting my nutrition plan and man oh man was it delicious. Some sort of chocolate mousse/cheesecake in a graham cracker crust. Yeah, it was awesome.

After dinner, there was a comedian who performed, who was actually pretty funny. He did a good job of keeping the room entertained, and had plenty of funny Wal-Mart jokes. Wal-Mart jokes can be pretty funny.

Then after the comedian, the company had their annual awards ceremony. Jay had told me earlier in the evening that he had been nominated for an award but, as he put it, “there was no way he was going to win with the guys he was up against.”

Well, turns out hubby was wrong…

I was so proud of man! Now I reassured him that I definitely can say that I’m “married to a winner.” Winking smile

Once the awards ceremony was over, the crowd headed back out to keep the party going. There were plenty of laughs and shenanigans going on!

There were a few more drinks involved, too.

Which later led to a very necessary midnight pizza stop.

I’m pretty sure that may have been “the best piece of pizza I’ve ever had.” (No, I know it definitely was not…you know what I’m talkin’ about.) Winking smile

All I’ll say is, it’s a good thing I’m allowed a “cheat meal” on this nutrition plan…even though I’m pretty sure the extra wine, dessert, and late night pizza are probably not what Jim has in mind as a cheat meal.

Woops…ahh well. It was all totally worth it. We had a BLAST!

*****

We slept in a bit this morning (no surprise) and both awoke craving bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches (also no surprise).

This bad boy tasted great, and definitely a healthier option than I would have gotten had we gone out to get one from somewhere.

Now Jay and I are going to spend a little time catching up on our DVR – we still need to see this past week’s episodes of One Tree Hill and Jersey Shore.

Hope everyone’s weekend is off to a great start so far! Smile

1 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath January 21, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Looks like fun night—that pizza looks delicious. Have a great weekend! :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Resiliency.

2 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 21, 2012 at 12:07 pm

wow, what a FUN night!! some indulgences every once in awhile are TOTALLY worth it and SO necessary in my opinion! :) congrats to your hubby on his award!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..11 Things

3 Laury @thefitnessdish January 21, 2012 at 12:24 pm

That dessert is right up my alley! Chocolate mousse with graham cracker crust! I just made something similar recently, my fav combo!!!!

Every time there’s drinks involved my husband makes a necessary pizza stop. It’s like they go hand in hand ;-)

Haha about his co-worker calling you out! My husband has all his co- workers reading my blog, so at his Xmas party I felt very self-conscience whipping out the cam!

4 Corinne January 21, 2012 at 12:28 pm

What a great night! That is so funny that some of them read your blog, I always get camera-shy when I whip it out out at dinner, but I should just get over it! I love that you posted late-night pics, so awesome and so real! That is healthy living and fun life. What kind of bacon is that? Happy Saturday!
Corinne recently posted..Shrimp & Corn Chowder

5 Courtney January 21, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Turkey bacon!

6 khushboo January 21, 2012 at 12:28 pm

What a great night! I love those nights which make all the indulgences worth it- life’s too short to always be strict!
khushboo recently posted..The “Say Cheese” Workout

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 21, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Looks like a really fun night! And that dessert… yum!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Speedy Recovery

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 21, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Maybe I’m having a blonde moment, but you said it was a holiday kick-off party … what holiday are you celebrating?? I’m so confused haha!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin: The Other (Delicious) White Meat

9 Courtney January 21, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Haha, they always have their “holiday” party well after the holidays. Technically, I suppose it’s more of a “kick off the new year” party, but whatever…it’s still an excuse to party either way! ;)

10 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill January 21, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Glad I’m not the only one who still watches One Tree Hill! Which reminds me, I need to catch up on this past week’s episode.
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Piles of Clothes

11 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life January 21, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Gosh! It looks like y’all had a blast, and the food looks great.

It’s so funny that all the guys from my husbands work read my blog, too!

12 Mindy January 21, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Everyone deserves a night out like that, pizza and all! I think the key into getting in shape are actually the cheat meals! That is what has always worked for me since it seems my body rebels against itself when I eat clean 24/7 and noticeably changes when I allow myself to truly enjoy not-so-healthy meals :)
Mindy recently posted..So you want to eat healthier?

13 Kristin Mac January 21, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Congrats to Jay on his award! It looks like you both had a great night :)

Is the bacon on your sandwich real bacon or veggie bacon?

14 Courtney January 21, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Neither, haha, it’s turkey bacon :)

15 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 21, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Congrats to the hubby! :)
What a good night! I love nights out with the husband and friends, it is so much fun just to cut loose and relax! That pizza looks like the best pizza ever ;) HA!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Get-R-Done!

16 Melissa January 21, 2012 at 1:17 pm

“Best piece of pizza you ever had” Love it! In college, we always used to go to this Mexican place for quesadillas after a night at the bar, and we thought they were soooooooo good. Flash forward a few years to a sober visit, and it turns out, they’re actually kind of gross! Oh well, they served their purpose at the time! ;)
Melissa recently posted..Birthday Celebration

17 Courtney January 21, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Hahaha, isn’t that the worst? Such a let down…

18 Julie January 21, 2012 at 1:38 pm

LOVING the looks of that desert and congrats to your man!
Julie recently posted..ROJ in Kansas City

19 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 21, 2012 at 2:03 pm

The late night pizza routine – one I know so well from college. ;)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..20 questions

20 Courtney January 21, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I love how you know it from college…and I know it from last night ;)

21 Christie January 21, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Love the fact that your fine with this being your “cheat” meal. I get so frustrated when people hold back on a night of fun just because of their diet. Thanks!
Christie recently posted..Quick & Easy Protein Packed Lunch

22 Tara Burner January 21, 2012 at 3:14 pm

looks like a fun night and yummmm pizza!
enjoy the rest of the weekend :)
Tara Burner recently posted..Randomness

23 Chelcie @ Chelcies Food Files January 21, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Late night pizza always taste better!:) looks like you had a fun night!

24 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness January 21, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Looks like a fun night…and thank goodness for cheat meals!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :)
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..Admitting Defeat

25 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 21, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Looks like a blast – you have gotta love Walmart jokes :)

26 jana @ newly wife healthy life January 21, 2012 at 5:14 pm

That’s awesome that you got to be present for your husband’s award! Congrats to him! Looks like such a fun night, and I love seeing how you started today back so healthy after a night of indulgences. Reminds me not to beat yourself up after over-indulging, but to get right back on track the next meal!
jana @ newly wife healthy life recently posted..Patience is a Virtue

27 Jodi January 21, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Just went to a wedding and quite a few glasses of wine were consumed…crazy open bars. Congrats to ur hubby for being a winner ;)
Jodi recently posted..Nice ‘lil Saturday Morning

28 Jodi January 21, 2012 at 5:16 pm

crazy open bars. Congrats to ur hubby for being a winner ;) now I’m craving all of the above!
Jodi recently posted..Nice ‘lil Saturday Morning

29 Alysha @shesontherun.com January 21, 2012 at 5:18 pm

That dessert looks seriously amazing!
Alysha @shesontherun.com recently posted..Shrimp and Grits

30 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! January 21, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Looks like you guys had a fun night! :) Midnight pizza ALWAYS tastes better too doest it? ;)
Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..See Me Fly & New Go-To Choco Chip Cookies

31 Madeline (Food, Fitness, & Family) January 21, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Umm the dessert looks bomb and midnight pizza is amazing :) Glad you had fun and congrats to your hubby

32 Paige @ Running Around Normal January 22, 2012 at 10:13 am

That sounds like the perfect work part! I hate when they’re all boring and stuffy :-P Glad you enjoyed yourself, Courtney :)

33 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 22, 2012 at 12:19 pm

What a great night! Everything looks so good to eat and it looks like you had fun! Congrats to your Hubby!!