Finally Finishing Christmas

by Courtney on January 22, 2012

Today has been a nice little Sunday! It seems like for the past few weeks, Jay and I have been spending our entire Sundays as complete and utter bums. Don’t get me wrong…I love me some lazy Sundays, but it was nice to actually be out and about today.

Our afternoon started out with a visit to my in-laws house for lunch. Jay and I made a pit stop at Panera on our way there to pick up some goodies, so by the time we got there, I was more than ready to dig in.

I wound up ordering their Fuji Apple Chicken Salad with a baguette side. This was my first time (I think?) ever trying this one and I must say that I am a total fan. Everything about it…the chicken, pecans, Gorgonzola, dried apple chips…it was delicious!

I also got a big ‘ol cup of their Acai Berry iced tea; it’s one of my favorites.

While lunch was great, that wasn’t the only reason we stopped by the in-laws today. We actually still had a Christmas gift to give them…

I know, I know. Almost a month later. We ordered their gift about 2 weeks BEFORE Christmas, thinking it would plenty of time. Nope, not so much. It didn’t end up arriving to us until about a week and a half ago. Crazy, right?

Luckily, it turned out to be worth the wait because his parents loved it!

I came across a Groupon from framethealphabet.com for one of these personalized name frames (see, told ya I love personalized stuff!) which was too good a deal to pass up. Jay and I were absolutely thrilled with how it came out.

We ended up getting it hung and everything, so now it’s proudly displayed in their family room…and now I want one of my own. Smile

A little while later, we said goodbye to my in-laws and headed on over to my parents’ house for dinner. Tonight, my mom ended up making a meal that I have not had in years…

Stuffed peppers! Honestly, I have no idea how long its been, but I have seriously been missing out. Mom makes a mean stuffed pepper!

After dinner, we spent some time watching the football game while I curled up in front of the fireplace.

I really do miss having a fireplace. They’re just to warm and cozy. Definitely a necessity for my next house…not that that’s going to be anytime soon or anything!

Of course, after dinner there was some dessert to be had. Mom made a healthy apple crisp which was super delish. At first, I thought she actually had made my recipe, but she ended up finding a different one online which is a little healthier. Hey, that’s cool with me!

She asked if the dessert would be okay as a part of my plan…technically, I’d say it probably doesn’t, but a) I kept my portions in moderation, and b) life’s too short, and c) let’s be realI’m not about to turn down dessert from mom. Winking smile

Time to wind things down for the evening – hope everyone had a great weekend!!

1 Hannah January 22, 2012 at 9:19 pm

we honestly did absolutely nothing this weekend. sadly we barely left the house except to go to the gym yesterday. we relaxed, my boy made me dinner, we made waffles, watched football, and were lazy. as much as i hate this and get antsy, sometimes it is nice to be secluded from the world.

2 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 22, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Those apple chips look so so good… now I want to make some!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..a PDR {in the pouring rain}.

3 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 22, 2012 at 9:32 pm

wow I haven’t had stuffed peppers in forever! they look fabulous! looks like you had a delicious sunday!

4 Olivia January 22, 2012 at 9:43 pm

That salad looks soooo good. I love those apple chips – buy em at Walmart – and should try and do one of these myself!
Olivia recently posted..Bfast & Buffy

5 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it January 22, 2012 at 9:51 pm

i havent tried that salad at panera- just tried the mediterranean salmon which was pretty good, but kind of overpriced.

I LOVE stuffed peppers- that looks like a good one!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..Saturday Night in the City

6 Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real January 22, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I love the framed alphabet picture, I still want one for my little boy’s room.
I have been wanting to make stuffed peppers for weeks! Thinking about a lentil/brown rice stuffing but I have not had time to try out a new recipe. Great Sunday!
Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real recently posted..How to Make Oatmeal

7 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 22, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Sounds like a great Sunday! I haven’t heard of that iced tea from Panera, but next time I go I definitely want to try it! The apple crisp looks so good as well, and you’re right, it’s impossible to turn down dessert from mom! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..A Doughy Memory

8 Cheryl @ eatplayluvblog January 22, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I LOVE when Christmas extends itself…jealous!

I also love Panera! I live in Canada so it’s a special treat for when we make shopping trips or vacation in the States! The salad you got is one of my favourites!

9 Emilie January 22, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Yum! I made turkey stuffed peppers a few days ago and they were so delicious (except in Australia we call them capsicums).
Emilie recently posted..January 2012 Bellabox Review

10 Jenny@HealthyMOChick January 22, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I’m gunna have to check out that salad next time I’m there and that apple crisp looks muy delicious :) Hope you had a great belated X-mas
Jenny@HealthyMOChick recently posted..Zumba 2 for Wii…I’m in love!!!

11 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 23, 2012 at 12:04 am

Haha one can never turn down food from mom. It’s almost like a sin :P
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Long Run Sundays: Tea Party + The B Word

12 Lauren B. January 23, 2012 at 12:29 am

That salad is my absolute fav! We don’t live near a Panera anymore, and I get mad cravings for it! Especially now after seeing your pics!

13 Khushboo January 23, 2012 at 12:37 am

Amen sistah- life is way too short…and yeah it might be more than 140 calories, but chances are it’s a lot less than the portion/what you would have eaten if you weren’t on the plan at all!
Khushboo recently posted..The “Say Cheese” Workout

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 23, 2012 at 6:00 am

Sounds like a great day! We’ve been having some lazy Sundays recently, too. Other than church and the gym, I haven’t done anything the last couple of Sundays! And I’ve been loving it! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..11 Things and my BIG announcement.

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 23, 2012 at 7:09 am

Those name frames are becoming pretty popular! My husband & I received two with our last name & one with our first names as wedding gifts!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Getting Back on Track

16 Sarah January 23, 2012 at 7:41 am

great gift idea! I cannot believe it took so long to come!
Sarah recently posted..Instagram activity

17 Lauren January 23, 2012 at 8:15 am

What a fabulous gift! Do they charge by the letter because I have a pretty lengthy last name but would love to add this to our home.

Sounds like a lovely weekend Courtney. Happy Monday!

18 Laurie January 23, 2012 at 9:38 am

I ordered a framed alphabet gift for my sister 2 weeks before christmas or so and it just came recently, too! It was from a different place, but seems to be a theme! Oh well, at least your in-laws loved it :)

19 Ruthie Hart January 23, 2012 at 9:50 am

I love that sign! My parents got us one for Christmas last year :-)
Ruthie Hart recently posted..A few things

20 Mila @ loftyappetite January 23, 2012 at 10:39 am

I just pinned a site on pinterest with free printables for cool letters like the ones you gave your inlaws! I’m planning on making my own. Now all you need is a frame and you can DIY that yourself!!
Mila @ loftyappetite recently posted..it’s okay if…

21 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 23, 2012 at 10:53 am

I really love the alphabet picture frame…. :) That is such a great gift idea.

Holy cow I love those apple fugi salads at Panera!!! I always want to try something new when I go there, which isn’t very often, but I get this salad every time. Yum good. :)

22 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 23, 2012 at 1:03 pm

That sounds like a great day – and I love stuffed peppers too!! I always requested them when I came home from college for the weekend.

23 Kim @ The Family Practice January 23, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Love stuffed peppers! I can’t actually eat the pepper part because they give me bad dreams (seriously) but I love getting the flavor incorporated in the meat. Yummm
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Arms Workout

24 Shannon January 23, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I love that photo frame! What a great gift! :)

25 Laura January 23, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Sounds like such a fabulous weekend. I loved reading about Jay’s work party (congrats, Jay!) and the midnight pizza :) gotta love midnight food. I am seriously craving stuffed bell peppers now! Yum! I also haven’t had them in forever and now want them really badly. Doesn’t everything taste best when mom makes it? :)
Laura recently posted..Snowy Weekend and Some Fitness Goals

26 Elle January 23, 2012 at 8:26 pm

My sister got our parents, and our older brother and s-i-l a picture like that for Christmas. They noticed that she ordered so much they gave her 1/2 off another one! Great company!!
Elle recently posted..Seriously Sick of Crossfit