It’s The New Thing

Hey hey! How’s everyone’s weekend going?

Things are pretty kosher over in these parts…I decided to step away from the computer for the rest of the day yesterday after we last chatted. Sometimes, you just need a break from technology, ya know?

Jay and I had a few friends over last night, so we spent the evening playing Apples to Apples, salad bowl (a made up favorite of ours!), and eating lots of yummy snacks.

I did my best to stick with the carrots, really, I did. Normally, I don’t have a problem passing up on chips, which I actually didn’t really mess with.

But the CHEESE! I’m not usually a big cheese person either, but this mild cheddar that Jay picked up yesterday was awesome. Especially when eaten in conjunction with bites of carrot and dipped into creamy cucumber dip…just sayin’. Winking smile

I was also pretty excited to finally be able to use our new serving tray, which I ordered about a month ago from Rue La La. Isn’t it cute? I really am such a sucker for personalized things.

While I don’t feel like I overdid it on the snacks last night by any means, I’m about ready to get back into routine. Between Friday night and last night, I realized that I actually missed my healthy meals as of late – I love that! I fully enjoyed myself, no regrets, but now it’s time to step it back up again.

So what better way than to start the day off with a delicious, homemade breakfast, right? Unfortunately, I had one minor detail that needed to be taken care of first. I was quickly reminded that we are currently out of coffee.

But since I don’t really give a crap, I hopped in the car, headed down the road to Dunkin’ Donuts, and picked up a couple of coffees for Jay and I.

Didn’t you hear? Going out in your PJ’s while sportin’ bed head is the new thing. Winking smile

Once I was caffeinated (hazelnut with skim, made into hot cocoa coffee once I got home), it was time to get to work on that breakfast.

Best breakfast I’ve made for myself in weeks, no doubt.

I whipped up a 2-egg veggie scramble with broccoli, green peppers, onions, and tomatoes. But the real winner was taking a piece of mild cheddar cheese, crumbling up, and mixing it right in with the eggs. It was really incredible.

On the side, I cooked up a couple of pieces of turkey bacon in a skillet, which I currently cannot get enough of. Jay is even eating it, which says a LOT because he is usually the first one to turn up his nose at anything like that.

I think I would eat this meal again for lunch AND dinner today, but that’s not going to be the case since Jay and I are headed out for the day to visit with the parents. Mom’s cookin’ tonight, so I’m excited to see what she’s got in store for us!

Comments

These days, with all the NBA games and NFL playoffs, I’ve been eating like the boys (everything is battered and deep-fried or covered with cheese). I definitely need to get back into my healthy-eating again.
    That scramble looks awesome! You had me at “2-egg” :)
    michelle kim recently posted..Weekend Full of Indulgence

2. Kate says

Haha I LOVE that you went to DD in your pajamas! Literally, I laughed out loud when I read “since I don’t really give a crap attitude”. I feel like I say that all the time. (Especially during coffee runs in the morning!) Glad to know I’m not the only one! :)

Your platter is super cute! It makes me feel like such an adult to set things out on a platter-especially when it is personalized! :)
    Coffee in PJ’s on a Sunday- sounds good to me! (especially with the bed head- love being comfortable with my bad self!)
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Get-R-Done!

I went with french toast this morning, with flax bread, but I was very much leaning towards a spicy egg scrambled w/ avocado! I’ll probs end up having it for dinner tonight 😉 Yours looks sooooo good.

Also I wish we had dunkin donuts where I live in Canada because their coffees sound so much better than our crappy tim horton’s!
    Olivia recently posted..Dehydrated

I had friends over to play apples to apples too last night! Best game ever! How do you play the salad bowl game? And sporting pjs and bed head is not a new thing, I’ve been perfecting the look for years…but its totally cool with me if you do it too. I like being a trend setter 😉
    Courtney recently posted..MIA (moved into apartment)

6. dee says

I have been on an egg scramble and hot cocoa coffee kick these past two weeks. I thought I was being innovative and getting creative in the kitchen using up my ingredients, but I guess you were secretly rubbing off on me through your blog! :) scrambles are delish, and hot cocoa coffee > regular coffee!

For coffee, I would have completely done the same thing! :) Breakfast looks super yummy too! My SNL and I made a “healthy” pizza last night and it was soooo yummy! I normally don’t eat all the “extras” on a pizza. I am a cheese girl. We added mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, onions, spinach and she had olives on her side. H O L Y C O W it was good!

Hope you have had a great day!
    Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Impromptu Family trip!

Love me some Dunkin Donuts… and cheese! I can agree with you on getting back on track with my eating this week (except for Wednesday–which is my birthday!). I went out with friends last night so there was a lot of alcohol and crappy food involved… it was worth it for the fun, though!
    Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..Hey, It Happens