It’s The New Thing

by Courtney on January 22, 2012

Hey hey! How’s everyone’s weekend going?

Things are pretty kosher over in these parts…I decided to step away from the computer for the rest of the day yesterday after we last chatted. Sometimes, you just need a break from technology, ya know?

Jay and I had a few friends over last night, so we spent the evening playing Apples to Apples, salad bowl (a made up favorite of ours!), and eating lots of yummy snacks.

I did my best to stick with the carrots, really, I did. Normally, I don’t have a problem passing up on chips, which I actually didn’t really mess with.

But the CHEESE! I’m not usually a big cheese person either, but this mild cheddar that Jay picked up yesterday was awesome. Especially when eaten in conjunction with bites of carrot and dipped into creamy cucumber dip…just sayin’. Winking smile

I was also pretty excited to finally be able to use our new serving tray, which I ordered about a month ago from Rue La La. Isn’t it cute? I really am such a sucker for personalized things.

While I don’t feel like I overdid it on the snacks last night by any means, I’m about ready to get back into routine. Between Friday night and last night, I realized that I actually missed my healthy meals as of late – I love that! I fully enjoyed myself, no regrets, but now it’s time to step it back up again.

So what better way than to start the day off with a delicious, homemade breakfast, right? Unfortunately, I had one minor detail that needed to be taken care of first. I was quickly reminded that we are currently out of coffee.

But since I don’t really give a crap, I hopped in the car, headed down the road to Dunkin’ Donuts, and picked up a couple of coffees for Jay and I.

Didn’t you hear? Going out in your PJ’s while sportin’ bed head is the new thing. Winking smile

Once I was caffeinated (hazelnut with skim, made into hot cocoa coffee once I got home), it was time to get to work on that breakfast.

Best breakfast I’ve made for myself in weeks, no doubt.

I whipped up a 2-egg veggie scramble with broccoli, green peppers, onions, and tomatoes. But the real winner was taking a piece of mild cheddar cheese, crumbling up, and mixing it right in with the eggs. It was really incredible.

On the side, I cooked up a couple of pieces of turkey bacon in a skillet, which I currently cannot get enough of. Jay is even eating it, which says a LOT because he is usually the first one to turn up his nose at anything like that.

I think I would eat this meal again for lunch AND dinner today, but that’s not going to be the case since Jay and I are headed out for the day to visit with the parents. Mom’s cookin’ tonight, so I’m excited to see what she’s got in store for us!

1 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath January 22, 2012 at 11:11 am

Yum….your egg scramble looks good!!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Quotable Sunday

2 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 22, 2012 at 11:15 am

I am a sucker for cheese trays. Looks like a fun day – I totally understand the need to step away from technology for a while.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Pinterest Loving 3

3 Cait @ Cait hates Cake January 22, 2012 at 11:22 am

Haha, pretty sure DD is an acceptable place to run into in your pajamas ;) I’ve done it a time or two myself.
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..FXB Orientation

4 Khushboo January 22, 2012 at 11:29 am

Yum breakfast! I just had an omelette with smoked turkey which totally hit the spot- can’t get enough protein lately!
Khushboo recently posted..The “Say Cheese” Workout

5 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 22, 2012 at 11:34 am

That veggie scramble looks so good! I love personalized things too. My mom got me rubber spatulas from Williams-Sonoma that say “Jana’s Kitchen” on the handle. Love them!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..A Doughy Memory

6 Sarah January 22, 2012 at 11:39 am

i am a proud memeber of the going out in your PJS with messy hair club :)

7 michelle kim January 22, 2012 at 11:43 am

These days, with all the NBA games and NFL playoffs, I’ve been eating like the boys (everything is battered and deep-fried or covered with cheese). I definitely need to get back into my healthy-eating again.
That scramble looks awesome! You had me at “2-egg” :)
michelle kim recently posted..Weekend Full of Indulgence

8 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 22, 2012 at 11:48 am

I have a hard time passing up chips too..and cheddar cheese slices are my favorite!!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..I won!!!

9 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 22, 2012 at 11:48 am

I had a bit of an indulgent weekend, too. A cupcake-martini-party and 21st bday on the same night. Definitely am going to be eating lots and lots of vegetables today! lol
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..An Ode to Cardigans

10 Blog is the New Black January 22, 2012 at 11:49 am

LOVE your tray! Ahhhh, so cute!

11 Kate January 22, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Haha I LOVE that you went to DD in your pajamas! Literally, I laughed out loud when I read “since I don’t really give a crap attitude”. I feel like I say that all the time. (Especially during coffee runs in the morning!) Glad to know I’m not the only one! :)

12 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health January 22, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Oh yum your egg scramble looks great! Did you saute the veggies a bit beforehand? And I would totally go out for coffee in my pjs if there was a place nearby that had a drive thru :). Your tray is adorable!!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..What Type of Fit Are You?

13 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 22, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Your platter is super cute! It makes me feel like such an adult to set things out on a platter-especially when it is personalized! :)
Coffee in PJ’s on a Sunday- sounds good to me! (especially with the bed head- love being comfortable with my bad self!)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Get-R-Done!

14 Olivia January 22, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I went with french toast this morning, with flax bread, but I was very much leaning towards a spicy egg scrambled w/ avocado! I’ll probs end up having it for dinner tonight ;) Yours looks sooooo good.

Also I wish we had dunkin donuts where I live in Canada because their coffees sound so much better than our crappy tim horton’s!
Olivia recently posted..Dehydrated

15 Courtney January 22, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I had friends over to play apples to apples too last night! Best game ever! How do you play the salad bowl game? And sporting pjs and bed head is not a new thing, I’ve been perfecting the look for years…but its totally cool with me if you do it too. I like being a trend setter ;)
Courtney recently posted..MIA (moved into apartment)

16 fitpeanut January 22, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Ahahaha going out with your PJ is funny =)
fitpeanut recently posted..Privacy

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 22, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Yum, the breakfast looks delicious!! I had some zucchini bread for breakfast this morning … it was awesome! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin: The Other (Delicious) White Meat

18 Sarah January 22, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Haha, so funny about the pjs. In my daily WSJ, there was an article about how pjs in public actually are in vogue! here’s the link if ya wanna check it out :)

19 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 22, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I run out to the store/starbuck’s/etc. all the time in my comfy clothes and hair on top of my head. no. big. deal. :)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..20 questions

20 dee January 22, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I have been on an egg scramble and hot cocoa coffee kick these past two weeks. I thought I was being innovative and getting creative in the kitchen using up my ingredients, but I guess you were secretly rubbing off on me through your blog! :) scrambles are delish, and hot cocoa coffee > regular coffee!

21 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 22, 2012 at 4:25 pm

For coffee, I would have completely done the same thing! :) Breakfast looks super yummy too! My SNL and I made a “healthy” pizza last night and it was soooo yummy! I normally don’t eat all the “extras” on a pizza. I am a cheese girl. We added mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, onions, spinach and she had olives on her side. H O L Y C O W it was good!

Hope you have had a great day!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Impromptu Family trip!

22 Lauren January 22, 2012 at 4:57 pm

I think running out in your PJ’s for the necessary coffee is by far acceptable. Trust me, people get it. :)
Lauren recently posted..Snow On Tap

23 Stephanie @ StephSnacks January 22, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Love me some Dunkin Donuts… and cheese! I can agree with you on getting back on track with my eating this week (except for Wednesday–which is my birthday!). I went out with friends last night so there was a lot of alcohol and crappy food involved… it was worth it for the fun, though!
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..Hey, It Happens

24 Courtney January 22, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Awww, YAY for birthdays! Mine is a week from tomorrow – hope you have a fab day! :)

25 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill January 22, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Cheese is one of my weaknesses! Cheddar is definitely a favorite–especially with crackers.
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Seeing Green

26 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 22, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I’ve been craving some DD coffee lately! I was all set to get some Saturday morning after the gym but that ended up not happening once I got snowed in!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Getting Back on Track

27 Kim @ The Family Practice January 22, 2012 at 8:13 pm

What are those round things on your cheese plate? Please tell me they are burnt cheese chips and then tell me where to find them!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Excused Absence

28 Courtney January 22, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Haha, no, they aren’t burnt cheese chips. But that would be pretty amazing!
They’re actually crackers that I received a few weeks ago… http://www.sweettoothsweetlife.com/2012/01/04/mystery-crackers/
Really tasty!

29 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy January 22, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I’ve gone to the fro-yo place in my jammies…no shame :).
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..A Change of Plans

30 Andrea @ Andrea out loud! January 22, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Oh gosh I am a cheese eatin fool! That is the “snack” I can never say no to! :)

31 Emilie January 22, 2012 at 11:30 pm

There isn’t much I wouldn’t do to make sure I had my coffee in the morning. Getting coffee in your PJs is no biggy. Lucky for me we have a drive in coffee shop close by, so no walk of shame :)
Emilie recently posted..January 2012 Bellabox Review

32 Grace January 23, 2012 at 2:01 pm

OH goodness that egg scramble looks awesome!
Grace recently posted..My Journey to the Marathon Part 2: This is really about to happen, isn’t it?