An Acquired Taste

by Courtney on January 24, 2012

So apparently I’m all about scouring some awesome blogs for workout ideas this week? Yesterday, I incorporated Tina’s upper body workout (which has my arms way more sore than I had anticipated!) and today, I tried out a new workout from Brittany.

I was skimming through and found a workout of Brittany’s called the 10-10-10 Quick Interval Workout. I honestly didn’t know what I was in the mood to do today, but as soon as I saw this, it totally appealed to me. It was pretty fun to switch back and forth between the treadmill sprints and the weight exercises, and I loved that it was all done in less than 30 minutes.

I followed up that interval workout with a few moves to focus on the ‘ol abs:

Post-workout, I made myself a protein shake made with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla SunWarrior protein powder, 2 tsp chia seeds, and a few drops of cocoa bean liquid stevia.

It was tasty but I will admit – drinking chia seeds is definitely an acquired taste. Especially if you’re a texture person (aka, my husband).

Lunch

A couple hours later, the tummy was ready to be fed again.

Ya know, sometimes breakfast is just too good to only be enjoyed in the morning…am I right?

This morning, I was actually really cravings cereal AND eggs, but cereal ended up winning me over. Luckily, since I knew I’d be home this afternoon, I decided to just postpone my eggs until lunchtime.

I put together an incredibly savory and delicious egg and cheese sandwich, made with 1/2 cup Egg Beaters (in my microwave egg cooker), provolone cheese, turkey bacon, fresh spinach, and a smear of hummus on a toasted whole wheat English muffin.

On the side, I added some carrot sticks and grape tomatoes for munching. Smile

A little later this afternoon I have a meeting about work, which should hopefully give me a better idea of what I’ll be looking at for a schedule. I have no idea what to expect, but I guess I’ll find out soon enough!

Oh yeah, and I still need to get my act together and finish those darn cupcakes. Winking smile

1 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 24, 2012 at 2:05 pm

your egg sandwich looks delicious! I have never tried drinking chia seeds, but I love putting them in my overnight oats!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..What I’m loving lately

2 Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 24, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I totally agree with eating b-fast foods at OTHER times of the day :)

Have fun at work!
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Weight Train To Get Fitter

3 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family January 24, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I love having egg sandwiches for lunch! And if i am feeling lazy and don’t want to cook dinner, its blueberry pancakes with a veggie omelet for dinner! Its so much faster to cook than traditional dinner foods. And it feels like a special treat for some reason!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..White Turkey Chili with Pumpkin

4 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 24, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I have never heard of cocoa bean liquid stevia?! I would live to hear your thoughts! Sounds like an ingredient you can definitely get creative with!

5 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 24, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! I can see how much of a difference the camera makes!

6 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 24, 2012 at 2:30 pm

i couldn’t agree more… i’m all about breakfast foods at ANY time of the day! ;) your egg sandwich looks amazing! your lunch is so colorful too…love it!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Plyometrics PARTY Workout

7 Pamela January 24, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I’m looking up microwave egg cookers on Amazon right now! I am horrible at making eggs, so this may be just the thing I need for my kitchen!!
Pamela recently posted..Bowtie Chicken Casserole

8 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill January 24, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. A few days ago, I ate breakfast foods for every meal! In fact, I often have eggs twice in one day!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Screw the Workout

9 renee January 24, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I used to put chia seeds in my coffee religiously, it took some getting used to but after a while it was weird not to have coffee with them!
renee recently posted..Heaven in a Birchbox

10 Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly January 24, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I’ve been looking all over the place for a microwave egg thingy! Do the eggs taste any different when you mic them?
Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly recently posted..Workouts and Birthdays

11 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 24, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I love breakfast for lunch or dinner…:) Brittany has some great workouts! :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..It’s Monday! :)

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 24, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I love drinking chia seeds. It has completely changed how my body feels! They give me more energy and make me feel more awake all day long!
Hope that your meeting goes well!

13 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat January 24, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I think chia seeds belong in overnight oats, not smoothies. :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Enchilada Style Stuffed Peppers

14 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes January 24, 2012 at 3:31 pm

That looks like the most amazing egg sandwich ever! Drool.
I do not want to drink my Chia seeds. That’s a taste I won’t be acquiring. At least they might not get stuck in your teeth that way :)
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..One Two Three Four

15 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness January 24, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I LOVE breakfast for lunch and dinner! There are so many ways to get creative with breakfast foods. My husband is not as big as a breakfast fan as I am and it totally bums me out. I am working on converting him tough…don’t worry!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Portion Control: A Healthy Eating Puzzle Piece

16 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance January 24, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I’ve learned that switching between the treadmill and weights is one of my favorite ways to get my sweat on! So glad you liked the workout :D

and in case you were wondering…..

6 DAYS UNTIL OUR BIRTHDAY! 8)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Final Stretch

17 Olivia January 24, 2012 at 5:05 pm

I’m baking cupcakes for my boyfriend’s birthday this weekend! I like to bake but hate icing, so I just buy the store bought stuff, which I swear is not SO bad. Boyfriend always loves it! (Gotta love those man taste buds that don’t care for quality!)

I also eat eggs/cereal/smoothies/oats at any meal. I would have them all for breakfast if they weren’t each so filling, so I see nothing wrong in having em for lunch/dinner if I want!
Olivia recently posted..It’s Just So….

18 Michele @ nycrunningmama January 24, 2012 at 5:32 pm

That egg sandwich looks delish!!! I’m a huge fan of having breakfast food either after a hard workout (love egg and cheese on a bagel) or for dinner!!!
Hope you got some good info at your meeting! =)
Michele @ nycrunningmama recently posted..What My Family Ate Last Week

19 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign January 24, 2012 at 8:15 pm

I love the idea of eating eggs for lunch–great switch up from the usual sandwich; I just might try this tomorrow!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Wedding Recap: The Dressing Room

20 Marykate Sinnott January 24, 2012 at 9:51 pm

peanut butter cheerios? NO WAY!!!!!
Marykate Sinnott recently posted..Predictions for 2012

21 Khushboo January 25, 2012 at 1:23 am

I just bought Sun Warrior vanilla so I’m excited to try it out! We are totally on the same page today- I’m doing breakfast for lunch too :)!
Khushboo recently posted..‘Sweet’ Move?

22 Tina @ Best Body Fitness January 25, 2012 at 8:01 am

I want to try her 10-10-10 workout too! And I told you that upper workout would sneak up on ya. ;)