I Managed To Hold Back

by Courtney on January 24, 2012

Mornin’ lovelies! How’s Tuesday treating ya so far?

Well, I didn’t really have all that much going on yesterday evening, so I figured I’d wait and share it with you all today. Like I’ve said before, no sense in chatting when there’s not much to chat about, right?

Dinner

Jay and I were actually planning on trying out a new dish for dinner last night, but my stomach was a little off for some reason and it got late out of nowhere (how does that happen all the time?!?), so we decided to save that for tonight.

Our fridge is currently ridiculously STUFFED with food (I’d take a picture, but it’s sort of embarrassing) so we decided it’d be a good night to work on clearing it out.

I heated up the last of my Chicken & Veggie Stew and paired it with two corn tortillas.

I filled each corn tortilla with one slice of low-sodium deli turkey and half a slice of cheddar cheese. Tossed ‘em under the broiler for a couple of minutes, and I had myself a couple of melty turkey & cheese tortillas. Yum!

I also did a little baking yesterday…

While we were at Jay’s work party over the weekend, I promised some of the guys that I’d make them some cupcakes since it’s been a while (they’re needy). I wound up doing a slight variation of one of my previous recipes, which I think has some potential…

Unfortunately, they’re still not frosted because my first batch of frosting turned out to be a disaster. I’m going for attempt #2 later today and hopefully get them out of my sight because holy crap do I really want to dig into ‘em.

Alas, I managed to hold back and had one of these bad boys for dessert last night instead. VitaTops now makes these 50-calorie VitaCakes which are actually pretty tasty when you’re in need of a chocolate fix.

I just heat it up in the microwave for about 20 seconds and I’ve got myself a warm, gooey chocolate dessert.

Don’t be fooled though…I went back for a second one and enjoyed it while getting sucked into the vortex that is The Bachelor. I’m sort of hit or miss with that show (the last season I truly watched was with Allie and Roberto) but I’m finding myself becoming intrigued by this season.

source

All I’ll say is…that chick Courtney is NOT doing a very good job of representin’ the name, and I swear that Emily’s mouth is smushed to the side more than it is normal. Did anyone else notice that??

*****

Breakfast

I wound up sleeping through my alarm AGAIN this morning (yikes!), so I decided to just hold off on a workout and skip right to breakfast since I woke up fairly hungry. Today was deemed a cereal combo day.

I did a combo of Kashi Go Lean + Special K Protein Plus with unsweetened almond milk, strawberries, half a banana, and chia seeds. Totally loving the strawberry-banana combo today!

And thank goodness, I’m back to having good coffee again. Muuuuch better. Smile

Time to let breakfast digest, squeeze in a workout, and get going with the rest of my day…lots to do!

**Reminder: Don’t forget to get your entries in for my Perfect Valentine’s Day Gift Giveaway! I am absolutely LOVING reading all of your Valentine’s Day memories!**

1 Miz January 24, 2012 at 9:17 am

people have been raving about those vitacakes.
Id rather have one of your CUPCAKES :-)
Miz recently posted..**cue confetti shaped like Egg Beaters Whites**

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 24, 2012 at 9:21 am

I keep wanting to try vita tops/cakes/muffins but they’re always way too expensive for me to justify the purchase. I could definitely use a low calorie, chocolate craving fix!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Crispy curry roasted broccoflower

3 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life January 24, 2012 at 9:21 am

Courtney is definitely not doing a good job of repping your name. I am so not a fan of her!

You have some crazy willpower girl. If I had all those cupcakes, I don’t tbibk I’d be able to not try one. But that vitatop cake does look really yummy. Must try!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Vermont Weekend Getaway!

4 Melissa January 24, 2012 at 9:28 am

I’m having breakfast envy! That bowl is calling to me!!!
Melissa recently posted..Puddle Jumper

5 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life January 24, 2012 at 9:30 am

Your dinner pics are makin’ me super-hungry….

I haven’t watched The Bachelor this year, but I usually do. Judging from your picture…it might be a bit more dramatic than usual?
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..Ideas for my Valentine

6 Corinne January 24, 2012 at 9:37 am

I agree with Gina up there on the vita tops. I walk past them every week but unjust can’t justify the $5 box!! Maybe I’ll get creative in the kitchen this weekend make my own healthy muffin tops!
Corinne recently posted..Salmon Burgers

7 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 24, 2012 at 9:38 am

I really want to find those mini vita tops! although I would definitely eat two in one sitting also:) Vitatops heated up in the microwave and then topped with a little bit of peanut butter are amazing!

8 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony January 24, 2012 at 9:43 am

Love your breakfast combo! It’s pretty warm here in Jersey today (over 50 degrees) and that bowl screams spring and summer to me! :)
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Down South for the Night

9 Kristin @ FoodFash January 24, 2012 at 9:49 am

You can never go wrong with strawberry/banana! So yum.
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Totes Sick

10 Tina @ Best Body Fitness January 24, 2012 at 9:50 am

Happy Birthday Week!!!

I didn’t get the chance to wish it to you yesterday. Wish I could celebrate with you in person. But, alas, we will have to hold back until May. Then let the party begin. ;)
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Making Effective Use of Time

11 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat January 24, 2012 at 9:53 am

I don’t normally like packaged low cal products, but that brownie looks pretty good!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Enchilada Style Stuffed Peppers

12 Kerryne January 24, 2012 at 10:03 am

I noticed that last night, Emily’s mouth is weird and I swear Courtney looks EXACTLY like Jessica Simpson. Am I the only one that thinks that?

I love vitatops. I never buy them because they are so expensive but I might have to find those snack cakes. Sounds yummy!
Kerryne recently posted..Oh Baby!!!

13 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 24, 2012 at 10:13 am

I love it when you post new products on here! **must run to the store to pick up vita-cakes!**
Cereal mix looks super yummy too…:)

And I completely feel ya with the whole refrigerator thing… It’s a hot mess in mine right now. :/
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..It’s Monday! :)

14 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 24, 2012 at 10:34 am

I have never seen vita top brownies! I am not a huge fan of vitatops, but I always like to at least try new products!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Saucy in the Kitchen

15 Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly January 24, 2012 at 11:09 am

I toally feel ya on thre Bachelor… I can’t stomach these girls…they’re just too much to handle!!!
Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly recently posted..Workouts and Birthdays

16 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 24, 2012 at 11:43 am

Not going to lie, I’m kind of obsessed with Vitatops right now. They are fantastic! I haven’t tried that kind yet.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Resolutions Progress – Week 3

17 janetha January 24, 2012 at 11:55 am

I am with you on needing to clear out the food in my house! We leave on vacation on Sunday yet I am still buying groceries. What is my deal?? I haven’t seen the Vitacakes in stores around me yet, but I am definitely buying them when I do! I love Vitatops so I know I’ll dig them. Have a good day!
janetha recently posted..P-cubed & linkback love.

18 Khushboo January 24, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Ohh boy I bet a vitacake would be killer crumbled over Greek yogurt!
Khushboo recently posted..‘Sweet’ Move?

19 Mindy @ Clueless Nut January 24, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Strawberry+banana is my favorite fruit combination! I agree with no posting if the cat has your tongue… I feel some bloggers feel pressured to blog consistently, but not this rookie gal :)
Mindy @ Clueless Nut recently posted..Stuck On You

20 Kris | iheartwellness.com January 24, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Seriously, your food always looks so amazing!! I love catching up on my baking…it makes my heart sinnnnggg!!

xxoo

21 Olivia January 24, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I totally slept through 2 alarm clocks last week! It’s the worst!
Olivia recently posted..It’s Just So….

22 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 24, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Those girls on the bachelor – I swear! Although I did agree with Courtney on ONE thing.. EMily was NOT smart to use her one on one time to talk smack about Courtney. Use it to play yourself up!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..butternut squash and kale hash

23 Life's a Bowl January 24, 2012 at 1:14 pm

We’ve got an opposite situation going on in our house- our fridge is looking a little sparse but it’s making us be creative and make some totally random, new dishes!

P.S. I loveee VitaTops and could eat one with each meal of the day, but haven’t tried the new VitaCakes- are they the same as a top just rectangular and smaller?!

P.P.S. The Bachelor this season is so bad it’s so good- can’t not watch :P

24 Jenny@HealthyMOChick January 24, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I’ve never seen the VitaCakes…gunna have to keep my eyeballs peeled :) I can’t stand the batchelor (Don’t shoot me) so I can’t help ya with that one.
Jenny@HealthyMOChick recently posted..Zumba 2 for Wii…I’m in love!!!

25 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 24, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I’m dying to try those VitaCakes! I love VitaTops, so I’m sure those don’t disappoint!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..11 Things

26 Masha January 24, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Haha – I noticed that exact same thing about Emily last night! She could not stop smushing her mouth from one side to the other!

27 Tee @ She Writes, Bites, and Window Shops January 25, 2012 at 12:34 am

What?! I haven’t seen the vitacakes yet! I must find them – love the tops :)
Tee @ She Writes, Bites, and Window Shops recently posted..Transitions

28 Sarah January 26, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I have never heard of Vita Cakes! I will have to keep my eyes peeled for them! ALSO I just started watching the Bachelor for the first time ever and I must agree Courtney is disgracing your name!
Sarah recently posted..greeen detox

29 Anna08 March 29, 2012 at 9:31 am

I love your breakfast! :) It is really nice to start your day with a healthy breakfast..
Anna08 recently posted..Fitness Exercise and Diet