Computer Screen Surprise

So you guys want the skinny on these new Multi Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios?

You guys really seemed intrigued last night, so I saw no choice but to try them out ASAP. Jay had to laugh at me when I told him that I needed to make sure I had room after dinner for my evening snack. Ya know, I had a duty to fulfill…all for the sake of my beloved readers. Smile

So I dug into the box shortly after dinner and here’s the facts.

If you love peanut butter…even if you just “like” peanut butter (which is crazy), go put on your shoes right now and head to the store to pick up a box of these amazing little morsels. They are SO good.

Since I knew that just pounding multiple handfuls of them after dinner would probably be a bad thing and definitely not fulfilling enough, I enjoyed one good-sized handful and then made myself a more substantial snack.

Random? Yes, maybe. But being National Peanut Butter Day and all, I figured I had to take part. So I topped an apple cinnamon rice cake with a smear of peanut butter and sprinkling of peanut butter Cheerios.

It was heavenly I tell you. Heavenly.

This morning, I only slept through two snoozes of my alarm…I’m getting there! Once I finally got up, it was time to sweat. My body was telling me that I needed to take a break from the weights, so cardio + yoga it was!

• I started things off with the Insane Incline Run (<—yowsahs!)
  • And finished things up with a 20-minute session of 10lb. Slimdown Yoga

The yoga felt amazing today, especially on my tight hip flexors. I know I’m going to beat this phrase into the ground soon enough, but I really need to incorporate yoga more often. I’ve just got to figure out a way to keep myself motivated to do it…any suggestions? Anyone want to start a challenge with me? Smile

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

I whipped up a veggie & egg white scramble, made with 3 egg whites, about a cup of steamed broccoli, red peppers, red onion, and tomatoes, and a slice of crumbled mild cheddar cheese cooked right into the eggs.

I paired my eggs with two slices of turkey bacon, which is quickly becoming my new best breakfast pal. Or lunch, for that matter.

Once I finished breakfast and came in to type of my blog post, I turned on my computer screen and was promptly greeted with a surprise message from hubby.

Last night, I joked around with him asking where my surprise was for Day 2 of Birthday Week. He looked at me, dumbfounded, proclaiming, “I didn’t realize you needed a surprise EVERY DAY of Birthday Week?”

Well DUH. That’s why it’s called Birthday Week.

We laughed about it, because I know it’s a total stretch for him to even be participating at ALL. But, he is making an attempt for me, which is why I love him. Something like today’s surprise computer screen message is all I need.

Of course, if you’re looking for some other fun ideas, feel free to check out the list I put together last year on how to celebrate Birthday Week. And now, after reading that post, I have quickly been reminded that Jay made me that delicious dinner last year. Hmmmm…

I know, I know. I love this stuff wayyyy too much. Winking smile

1. Kristen says

How about the 4 weeks of yoga? Were fellow challengers agree to dedicate x number of days to yoga for a month! Takes 3 weeks to form a habit, right??

I wish I could find a good yoga class in my area. The only one offered at my gym doesn’t really cater to beginners, and since it’s been so long, that’s what I am. Last time I took the class, I wound up spending half the time sitting on the mat because the teacher put SOOOO much really intermediate/advanced stuff in to the class. I felt awkward and out of place and have no desire to go back. *sigh* I’d do it at home, but the problem is, since it’s been so long, I don’t remember the proper way to do everything, so bah. I need to find a good class to take, then after a month, start doing some at home. Maybe I’ll see what the community college offers for next semester. Hmmm, that’s an idea.
    Oh, and Happy day 3 of your Birthday week!
    Kathryn recently posted..School

I have to say, I’m jealous of your birthday week, we can’t really do that for mine or hubby’s. See, my birthday is 7/5, so we’ve got a holiday right there, plus my mom’s is 7/8, so we’d have 2 weeks of birthday celebrations. Hubby’s is 7/24, but then we’ve got 3 birthdays on the 26th and one on the 28th! As is, we get together 2x during July for celebrations and group it all together, ha ha.
    Kathryn recently posted..School

4. Sarah W. says

re cooking turkey bacon in skillet – you said that it comes out nice and crispy but i’m really confused as to how you accomplish this.

I’ve tried to cook turkey bacon in the skillet multiple times and it NEVER takes 10minutes, nor does it ever get crispy. i usually give up after 20 mins and cook it in the microwave.

Can you give a step by step tutorial because i can’t figure it out. thanks!

• Courtney says

I spray the skillet with PAM before cooking it. I think that helps give it more of a crispy texture. Other than that, I literally just plop them in the skillet and let them cook for a few minutes on each side. Super easy!

I LOVE the Peanut Butter Cheerio’s, just had a bowl this morning! I think they taste like a grown up version of the Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter cereal!

Those cheerios are seriously addicting! It definitely has turned into my favorite cereal ever :) Those eggs look delicious! I definitely need to add some veggies to my eggs. I’m going to try it this weekend. Thanks for the idea!
    Hope recently posted..Trying To Find Balance…

7. Alyssa says

Have you tried the Dulce De Leche Cheerios?!?! In my opinion they are even better than the Peanut Butter Cheerios!!!! I add them into my morning yogurt!! Insanely good!!

• Courtney says

OMG…no, I haven’t, but I saw them in the store. If there’s one thing I love more than peanut butter…it’s caramel. Those things wouldn’t stand a CHANCE in my house! lol

8. Dyanna says

My husband spotted the Peanut Butter Cheerios while we were grocery shopping this weekend. He was like, “Hey look a new Cheerios.” I was like, “yea, ok, and” (I was hunting for my oatmeal and distracted). He was like, “Look, it’s Peanut Butter!” I was like, “Well why didnt you say that to begin with!!” as I grabbed a box. He was like, “he he I just wanted to see the different reactions I would get from the two comments.” Bleh he enjoys making fun of me a little to much.

Anyways, tried them. LOVED THEM!! They are now my 2 year olds favorite snack and MY favorite yogurt add in–eee who am I kidding, I take a baggie to work with me and leave it open on my desk all day snacking away on them.

9. Laurie says

I need to do a yoga challenge! I definitely need to start incorporating more yoga in my life, especially because I start training for a half in a week, but it’s so hard to think of yoga as my work out. Let me know what works for you so I can motivate myself, too!

I bought the Cherrios on Saturday but haven’t opened yet. I’m to afraid! I have no self control when it comes to peanut butter. But now that I read your post I want to leave work and go home and get a handful or two of those little O’s. I bet you a dollar that Trader Joe’s will turn there Joe’s O’s to Peanut Butetr O’s. he he
    Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars

Really anything with peanut butter is going to be a winner. Great idea to top an apple cinnamon rice cake with the cheerios. Peanut butter taste and self control:)
    You will love my post from today about yoga. Winter is the time to get in the yoga grove…so warm, so relaxing, so AMAZING! A challenge sounds intriguing though. What did you have in mind?
    Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Get your Om on this Winter

Last year for my birthday, my husband surprised me with an engagement ring!! This year, he gave me a ring pop with a note that said, ‘Sorry I couldn’t outdo last year!’ Ha Ha He also hung up happy birthday signs around the house like my mom always did for me. I got the best gifts ever too: A toaster and a pair of running shoes, what could be better?! 😉
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Peanut, Peanut Butter, withOUT Jelly

Ha – kind of sounds like the conversation the Husband and I had on Monday.

H: I didn’t know I was supposed to celebrate your half birthday!

And then for the rest of the night, I proceeded to start every sentence with “well, since you didn’t get me anything for my half birthday…”

He was not amused.
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently changes here!

Someone else who celebrates birthdays longer than just a day- LOVE IT! It’s totes birthday week and birthday countdown starts a full month before 😀

P.S. Rice cakes with PB are always a treat but add some PB Cheerios [or chocolate cips ;)], that sounds awesome!

I know yoga is something that I need to incorporate into my regular workout schedule, but it never motivates me. I think that I just get frustrated with not being able to hold the moves very long and then don’t finish. :/
    I do feel like I need to stretch more and know that it would be beneficial.

I am going to Wal-mart tonight to see if they have the peanut butter cherrios!! 😉
    Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Twenty Questions!

16. Crystal C. @cuppycakefreak says

I bought a box of these last week and they are awesome! I keep going in and grabbing a handful of them! I love peanut butter so these are just awesome! Happy Birthday Week!!!! :)

17. Dione says

I always have a birthday week too. I take the week off from work, and use it as MY TIME:) I do whatever I want the whole week…shop…by myself a birthday gift….movies…relax. Mine begins in a few weeks…third week of February (the 21st is my birthday). And it always ends with the Oscars which is a nice cap to the week. I will be 37 this year, and I will forever have my birthday week. As a full time shift worker (med lab tech) I miss lots of holidays but at least I can have that.