Computer Screen Surprise

by Courtney on January 25, 2012

So you guys want the skinny on these new Multi Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios?

You guys really seemed intrigued last night, so I saw no choice but to try them out ASAP. Jay had to laugh at me when I told him that I needed to make sure I had room after dinner for my evening snack. Ya know, I had a duty to fulfill…all for the sake of my beloved readers. Smile

So I dug into the box shortly after dinner and here’s the facts.

If you love peanut butter…even if you just “like” peanut butter (which is crazy), go put on your shoes right now and head to the store to pick up a box of these amazing little morsels. They are SO good.

Since I knew that just pounding multiple handfuls of them after dinner would probably be a bad thing and definitely not fulfilling enough, I enjoyed one good-sized handful and then made myself a more substantial snack.

Random? Yes, maybe. But being National Peanut Butter Day and all, I figured I had to take part. So I topped an apple cinnamon rice cake with a smear of peanut butter and sprinkling of peanut butter Cheerios.

It was heavenly I tell you. Heavenly.

*****

Workout

This morning, I only slept through two snoozes of my alarm…I’m getting there! Once I finally got up, it was time to sweat. My body was telling me that I needed to take a break from the weights, so cardio + yoga it was!

• I started things off with the Insane Incline Run (<—yowsahs!)
  • And finished things up with a 20-minute session of 10lb. Slimdown Yoga

The yoga felt amazing today, especially on my tight hip flexors. I know I’m going to beat this phrase into the ground soon enough, but I really need to incorporate yoga more often. I’ve just got to figure out a way to keep myself motivated to do it…any suggestions? Anyone want to start a challenge with me? Smile

Breakfast

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

I whipped up a veggie & egg white scramble, made with 3 egg whites, about a cup of steamed broccoli, red peppers, red onion, and tomatoes, and a slice of crumbled mild cheddar cheese cooked right into the eggs.

I paired my eggs with two slices of turkey bacon, which is quickly becoming my new best breakfast pal. Or lunch, for that matter.

Once I finished breakfast and came in to type of my blog post, I turned on my computer screen and was promptly greeted with a surprise message from hubby.

Last night, I joked around with him asking where my surprise was for Day 2 of Birthday Week. He looked at me, dumbfounded, proclaiming, “I didn’t realize you needed a surprise EVERY DAY of Birthday Week?”

Well DUH. That’s why it’s called Birthday Week.

We laughed about it, because I know it’s a total stretch for him to even be participating at ALL. But, he is making an attempt for me, which is why I love him. Something like today’s surprise computer screen message is all I need.

Of course, if you’re looking for some other fun ideas, feel free to check out the list I put together last year on how to celebrate Birthday Week. And now, after reading that post, I have quickly been reminded that Jay made me that delicious dinner last year. Hmmmm…

I know, I know. I love this stuff wayyyy too much. Winking smile

1 Kristen January 25, 2012 at 9:50 am

How about the 4 weeks of yoga? Were fellow challengers agree to dedicate x number of days to yoga for a month! Takes 3 weeks to form a habit, right??

2 Courtney January 25, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Hmmm…you might be onto something, Kristen!

3 Lindsey January 25, 2012 at 9:53 am

I am going to find those Cheerios asap! Not sure they are in Canada yet, but I will be south in a month, so know I can try them then!
Lindsey recently posted..Protein Packed

4 Kathryn January 25, 2012 at 9:56 am

I wish I could find a good yoga class in my area. The only one offered at my gym doesn’t really cater to beginners, and since it’s been so long, that’s what I am. Last time I took the class, I wound up spending half the time sitting on the mat because the teacher put SOOOO much really intermediate/advanced stuff in to the class. I felt awkward and out of place and have no desire to go back. *sigh* I’d do it at home, but the problem is, since it’s been so long, I don’t remember the proper way to do everything, so bah. I need to find a good class to take, then after a month, start doing some at home. Maybe I’ll see what the community college offers for next semester. Hmmm, that’s an idea.
Oh, and Happy day 3 of your Birthday week!
Kathryn recently posted..School

5 Kathryn January 25, 2012 at 9:59 am

I have to say, I’m jealous of your birthday week, we can’t really do that for mine or hubby’s. See, my birthday is 7/5, so we’ve got a holiday right there, plus my mom’s is 7/8, so we’d have 2 weeks of birthday celebrations. Hubby’s is 7/24, but then we’ve got 3 birthdays on the 26th and one on the 28th! As is, we get together 2x during July for celebrations and group it all together, ha ha.
Kathryn recently posted..School

6 Courtney January 25, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Well then it sounds like you should definitely be celebrating your half birthdays then! :)

7 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign January 25, 2012 at 10:02 am

Hahaha, that’s so cute with the birthday message!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Wedding Recap: The Dressing Room

8 Sarah W. January 25, 2012 at 10:20 am

re cooking turkey bacon in skillet – you said that it comes out nice and crispy but i’m really confused as to how you accomplish this.

I’ve tried to cook turkey bacon in the skillet multiple times and it NEVER takes 10minutes, nor does it ever get crispy. i usually give up after 20 mins and cook it in the microwave.

Can you give a step by step tutorial because i can’t figure it out. thanks!

9 Courtney January 25, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I spray the skillet with PAM before cooking it. I think that helps give it more of a crispy texture. Other than that, I literally just plop them in the skillet and let them cook for a few minutes on each side. Super easy!

10 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy January 25, 2012 at 10:20 am

I ate those Cheerios as a pre-workout snack last night. They’re so good :).
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Foodie Holiday + A Fitness Celeb

11 Bri January 25, 2012 at 10:21 am

I LOVE the Peanut Butter Cheerio’s, just had a bowl this morning! I think they taste like a grown up version of the Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter cereal!

12 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 25, 2012 at 10:25 am

I cant wait to try those!! yum! Honey nut cheerios are my favorite cereal now anyway, so Im sure I will love these!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Cutting Back On Starchy Foods

13 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine January 25, 2012 at 10:34 am

Are the PB Cherrios similar to Reeses Puffs? I absolutely LOVE Reeses Puffs but they just have TOO much sugar.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..WIAW – Glasses Bashing

14 Courtney January 25, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I’ve actually never tried Reese’s Puffs!

15 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 25, 2012 at 10:35 am

I was wondering if they would be worth the $$ or if they tasted that good- Now I HAVE to get some! Going on the grocery list now!
Your breakfast looks super yummy too!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Subpar, Subway, Submerge …. Teacher moment

16 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 25, 2012 at 10:36 am

that is so cute of your hubby!..next time I go to the store I am definitely picking up a box!!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..What I ate Wednesday

17 Molly January 25, 2012 at 10:37 am

i can’t wait to try the PB cheerios! &I also love turkey bacon!
Molly recently posted..Year of the Dragon

18 Hope January 25, 2012 at 10:40 am

Those cheerios are seriously addicting! It definitely has turned into my favorite cereal ever :) Those eggs look delicious! I definitely need to add some veggies to my eggs. I’m going to try it this weekend. Thanks for the idea!
Hope recently posted..Trying To Find Balance…

19 Alyssa January 25, 2012 at 10:45 am

Have you tried the Dulce De Leche Cheerios?!?! In my opinion they are even better than the Peanut Butter Cheerios!!!! I add them into my morning yogurt!! Insanely good!!

20 Courtney January 25, 2012 at 2:45 pm

OMG…no, I haven’t, but I saw them in the store. If there’s one thing I love more than peanut butter…it’s caramel. Those things wouldn’t stand a CHANCE in my house! lol

21 Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 25, 2012 at 11:05 am

Such a sweet hubbie you have!!!

22 Dyanna January 25, 2012 at 11:06 am

My husband spotted the Peanut Butter Cheerios while we were grocery shopping this weekend. He was like, “Hey look a new Cheerios.” I was like, “yea, ok, and” (I was hunting for my oatmeal and distracted). He was like, “Look, it’s Peanut Butter!” I was like, “Well why didnt you say that to begin with!!” as I grabbed a box. He was like, “he he I just wanted to see the different reactions I would get from the two comments.” Bleh he enjoys making fun of me a little to much.

Anyways, tried them. LOVED THEM!! They are now my 2 year olds favorite snack and MY favorite yogurt add in–eee who am I kidding, I take a baggie to work with me and leave it open on my desk all day snacking away on them.

23 Katy @ A Shot of Life January 25, 2012 at 11:14 am

Ooooh happy day 3 of Birthday Week!!! What a cute note!! My boyfriend and I also do birthday week- today is day 1 for me!! :) I woke up to a sweet text to be ready for a surprise this evening!

Those Cheerios look yummy!
Katy @ A Shot of Life recently posted..Game Set Match

24 Courtney January 25, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Happy Birthday Week to YOU, Katy!!

25 Laurie January 25, 2012 at 11:18 am

I need to do a yoga challenge! I definitely need to start incorporating more yoga in my life, especially because I start training for a half in a week, but it’s so hard to think of yoga as my work out. Let me know what works for you so I can motivate myself, too!

26 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat January 25, 2012 at 11:19 am

Hahah, it sounds like he’s doing his best! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Crustless Quiche Cups (WIAW)

27 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 25, 2012 at 11:19 am

I bought the Cherrios on Saturday but haven’t opened yet. I’m to afraid! I have no self control when it comes to peanut butter. But now that I read your post I want to leave work and go home and get a handful or two of those little O’s. I bet you a dollar that Trader Joe’s will turn there Joe’s O’s to Peanut Butetr O’s. he he
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars

28 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries January 25, 2012 at 11:22 am

HAHA you gotta love Jay for that birthday surprise!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..How I Maintain a Healthy Weight

29 Brittany V January 25, 2012 at 11:24 am

Try mixing the peanut butter cheerios with some of the chocolate ones!!! Amazing!!

30 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness January 25, 2012 at 11:27 am

Really anything with peanut butter is going to be a winner. Great idea to top an apple cinnamon rice cake with the cheerios. Peanut butter taste and self control:)
You will love my post from today about yoga. Winter is the time to get in the yoga grove…so warm, so relaxing, so AMAZING! A challenge sounds intriguing though. What did you have in mind?
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Get your Om on this Winter

31 Courtney January 25, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Haha, I really have no idea. I’ve got to think about it more…any suggestions?

32 Ruthie Hart January 25, 2012 at 11:30 am

OMG pb cheerios! adding them to my list now! and wow your husband is the sweetest!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Sh*t [insert noun] say

33 Olivia January 25, 2012 at 11:36 am

Hahah birthday week. Your husband should know these things by now!!

PS you just reminded me how amazing apple cinnamon rice cakes are! MUST BUY SOME SOON! Also, hopefully, those Cheerios!!
Olivia recently posted..Fave Breakfast Fave Show

34 Steph @ StephSnacks January 25, 2012 at 11:38 am

I’m thinking I need to get these Cheerio’s asap! Today is my birthday so I totally feel you on the birthday week! Woo hoo for January babies :-)
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..11 Things!

35 Courtney January 25, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Happy Birthday, Steph!! :)

36 Faith @ For the Health of It January 25, 2012 at 11:40 am

I’m totally down for the yoga challenge! I got a $40/40 day pass to my studio and even though I realized doing it every day isn’t right for me, I definitely benefit from a very regular practice. That stuff really makes a HUGE difference in your flexibility, posture…and even your sanity!
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Comment on Cheater, Cheater, Tofu Eater by Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups

37 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction January 25, 2012 at 11:44 am

Happy day 3 of your bday week! Wooooo! That PB snack looks DIVINE! I’ve got to go get me some of those cheerios! Have a great day :)

38 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 25, 2012 at 11:47 am

Last year for my birthday I got an engagement ring! This year he got me a ring pop with a note that said, ‘sorry I couldn’t outdo last year.’ haha it was so funny! Don’t worry though, he did some other special things for me too.. :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Peanut, Peanut Butter, withOUT Jelly

39 Kristin @ FoodFash January 25, 2012 at 11:55 am

Little messages like the one your husband left you are so thoughtful and mean so much more than stuff wrapped with shiny paper and topped with bows!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Master Poacher, In Pictures

40 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 25, 2012 at 12:42 pm

i was hoping you’d say that about the PB cheerios… definitely plan on picking up a box the next time i’m at the store! they seem like the perfect evening snack!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #18: A Day In The Life…

41 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 25, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Last year for my birthday, my husband surprised me with an engagement ring!! This year, he gave me a ring pop with a note that said, ‘Sorry I couldn’t outdo last year!’ Ha Ha He also hung up happy birthday signs around the house like my mom always did for me. I got the best gifts ever too: A toaster and a pair of running shoes, what could be better?! ;-)

42 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 25, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Ha – kind of sounds like the conversation the Husband and I had on Monday.

H: I didn’t know I was supposed to celebrate your half birthday!

And then for the rest of the night, I proceeded to start every sentence with “well, since you didn’t get me anything for my half birthday…”

He was not amused.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..no changes here!

43 Courtney January 25, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Hahaha, I love it. We are too similar, Chelsey!

44 Life's a Bowl January 25, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Someone else who celebrates birthdays longer than just a day- LOVE IT! It’s totes birthday week and birthday countdown starts a full month before :D

P.S. Rice cakes with PB are always a treat but add some PB Cheerios [or chocolate cips ;)], that sounds awesome!

45 Khushboo January 25, 2012 at 1:37 pm

You did not just go there with that snack, nuh uh…I need that cereal asap! Peanut butter puffins are great but they you don’t really get a bang for your calories!
Khushboo recently posted..Dear Fellow Gym-Goers

46 Courtney January 25, 2012 at 2:41 pm

LOL, you are funny! :)

47 Kristi @ Sweetly Fit January 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I did some yoga this morning, too…and realized yet again how awesome it is and that I need to start doing it more. I would be in for a challenge!!
Kristi @ Sweetly Fit recently posted..Giveaway Winners and…stuff.

48 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter January 25, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I know yoga is something that I need to incorporate into my regular workout schedule, but it never motivates me. I think that I just get frustrated with not being able to hold the moves very long and then don’t finish. :/
I do feel like I need to stretch more and know that it would be beneficial.

I am going to Wal-mart tonight to see if they have the peanut butter cherrios!! ;)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Twenty Questions!

49 Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 25, 2012 at 1:45 pm

What a sweet husband you have :) SUch a cute idea!

50 Shannon January 25, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Happy Birthday Week! :) Your husband seems so nice.

Those Peanut Butter Cheerios sound so delicious- I’ll have to add it to the grocery store list for Sunday.
Shannon recently posted..Friday Fun: Favorites in the Capital Region

51 Ari @ Ari's Menu January 25, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Awwww, major points for celebrating birthday week! I’ve been on my husband about it for a long time and we woke up the other day and he said “It’s almost your birth week!” I was so excited!!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..My New Training Plan

52 Michelle (Better with Berries) January 25, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Ahh, I was going to wait until this weekend to try those cheerios, but now you have me convinced. I will probably be picking them up on the way home from work :-)
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Recent Reads and Workout Woes

53 Crystal C. @cuppycakefreak January 25, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I bought a box of these last week and they are awesome! I keep going in and grabbing a handful of them! I love peanut butter so these are just awesome! Happy Birthday Week!!!! :)

54 Dione January 25, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I always have a birthday week too. I take the week off from work, and use it as MY TIME:) I do whatever I want the whole week…shop…by myself a birthday gift….movies…relax. Mine begins in a few weeks…third week of February (the 21st is my birthday). And it always ends with the Oscars which is a nice cap to the week. I will be 37 this year, and I will forever have my birthday week. As a full time shift worker (med lab tech) I miss lots of holidays but at least I can have that.

55 Courtney January 25, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I am doing a 40 day yoga along with other people in my city and world wide.. http://ryanleier40days.tumblr.com/
Courtney recently posted..Yoga for Youth

56 Katie @ Plates and Paste January 27, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I just got the peanut butter Cheerios the other day and LOVE them! Perfect with a banana. I’m such a fan.
Katie @ Plates and Paste recently posted..Whacky Wednesday

57 Haley @ Fit, Young, and Fabulous January 28, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Those Cheerios ARE SOOO GOOD. My new ADDICTION. I put them on Greek Yogurt Parfaits, eat them straight out of the box (MMMMmm) and on top of pb bananas! They are PERFECT! All of our stores are sold out of them in my area currently :/ they are THAT good.
Haley @ Fit, Young, and Fabulous recently posted..Who’s Your Eda-Mommay?

58 Sarah January 28, 2012 at 9:19 pm