Dancing Up A Storm

by Courtney on January 28, 2012

Heyyy guys, good news! I *FINALLY* got my VLOG edited and put together from yesterday’s audition post, so feel free to head on over to the original post and check it out! I tried to have some fun with it.

By the way, thank you all for your wonderfully sincere and amazing comments on that post. I was certainly not expecting any of that by any means, but I truly do appreciate it. You guys sure do know how to put a smile on my face!

Speaking of smiles on my face…that pretty much sums up my entire night last night. Talk about a great night out with great friends…many of which are most likely going to look pretty familiar to you if you’ve been reading for a while now.

The night started out fairly low-key, as everyone began trickling in at different times. Hubby and I got there first, so we grabbed a drink and just hung out until everyone else started to arrive.

My beverage of choice for the night ended up being Sam Seasonal which, oddly enough, is already Sam Spring. I mean, c’mon, really? Spring already? But actually, I’m not complaining…it’s a good beer.

Eventually, more and more people began coming in, and I was super excited, as always, to get to see the “little” bro. I got to celebrate his birthday with him, so it was great to have him celebrate with me, too…even though it’s not even my actual birthday yet. Winking smile

While we were out, we also had another little celebration, as my cousin Denise (pictured to my left) just officially finished her Master’s degree! I definitely know the feeling, and that is such an amazing accomplishment. Congrats again, Neesy!

So when I made the reservation, I asked if it’d be possible to get an area in the bar that wasn’t *too* loud and had a fair amount of room. Well, we ended up scoring an awesome spot, which left us with lots of room, and just so happened to be strategically placed right next to the dartboards and the dance floor.

This made for a very happy group of guys…

And an even happier group of girls. Winking smile

As the night went on, the laughs and good times only continued.

And eventually, turned into a full blown dance party. I loved it…Jay even left his dart game a few times to come and join me.

He’s such a trooper.

About four hours into the in the evening, I ended up getting pretty hungry, so I ordered a batch of their sweet potato fries, which are tossed in an amazing combination of cinnamon and sugar. I probably wouldn’t have even bothered taking a photo of ‘em, but my brother proclaimed them to be the best things in the world, and quickly deemed them blog-worthy.

Too bad I only ended up getting about five of them…thanks Jeff & Dan. Winking smile

****

After about six hours, with at least four of them dancing up a storm, it was about time to call it a night, but it was a blast and definitely a GREAT addition to Birthday Week!

1 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 28, 2012 at 2:53 pm

what a fun evening!!! good friends, good food, and dancing all make for a great time! :)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..JUST RUN!

2 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life January 28, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Looks like you had a great time. But when isn’t it a great time when you have all your friends and family come out to celebrate? Those fries look kind of like churros and sound delish! Happy birthday! Hope the rest of your birthday week is great!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Dinner Quickie

3 Denise Sleasman January 28, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Awe! Thanks Courtney!! So glad we could make it!! Happy Happy Birthday!

4 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health January 28, 2012 at 3:23 pm

That sounds like such an awesome night!! And those fries definitely do sound blog-worthy :). Hope you have some more fun celebrating today!!

5 Olivia January 28, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Looks so fun :) Those sweet potato fries sound really good. I’m more of a savoury girl, but I can totally appreciate a good sweet potato!
Olivia recently posted..B Not So Fast

6 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 28, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Whoo hoo! What a great group of friends to help you celebrate!! Looks like an awesome night :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Chili when it’s Chilly

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 28, 2012 at 3:49 pm

What a fun evening out! Atmosphere is everything so I’m glad that you all scored such an awesome spot! :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The one with the health update….

8 Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life January 28, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Looks like an awesome night! You deserved it.

Those sweet potato fries are a “must make” now.
Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life recently posted..I’m Too Young For This?

9 Sam January 28, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I love the dude in the background getting DOWN! Lol… he is totally droppin’ it like it’s hot. Looks like tons of fun, and Sweet Pot Fries w/ cinn/sugar is THE best thing ever!
Sam recently posted..Friday Thoughts

10 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it January 28, 2012 at 6:02 pm

dont you love it when family members are like “take a pic of these for the blog!!” it cracks me up every time.

btw you and jay are seriously such a sweet couple.
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..Cereal Connoisseur + What Do You Eat Before a Run?

11 Stephanie @ StephSnacks January 28, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Ahh what a fun night! Seems like you’re birthday week has been fabulous.
Stephanie @ StephSnacks recently posted..Last Friday Night..

12 briana January 28, 2012 at 7:36 pm

totally had drinks and sweet tater fries ast night too! Love them! Have a great bday!

13 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 28, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Looks like you had an awesome time!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..A Productive Day

14 Khushboo January 28, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Love your jacket- very chic :)

15 Karlee @ BringingBackBalance January 29, 2012 at 12:05 am

Looks like a great night! I love the dart board and dance floor combo – always makes a happy night for everyone :P

I loooove sweet potatoes with cinnamon on them. I have been eating them for breakfast lately.. kind of strange, but soo tasty!
Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..True Fighter

16 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 29, 2012 at 8:34 am

What a fun night!!! Those sweet potato fries do look awesome!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..trop50 and spa week $50 giveaway

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 29, 2012 at 10:07 am

How fun!! We went to a wedding last night, and I was able to get my hubby out on the dance floor a few times, as well. However, since he’s a better dancer than I am, it isn’t too hard to convince him! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..New Kicks and Whatcha Reading Weekend

18 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 29, 2012 at 5:45 pm

What a fun night!!! The sweet potato fries look yummy! There my favorite!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips