He Had Been Listening

by Courtney on January 29, 2012

Well I don’t know about you, but my Sunday has gotten off to a great start!

I woke up at a pretty decent hour and decided to just get my workout in for the day. I took yesterday as a rest day, so I was ready to get back in action this morning. Plus, if I dilly dally around in the mornings, it tends to be more difficult for me to get motivated to move.

But, since I was on my game, I got right to work with today’s workout:

Strength training + cardio = Awesome.

*****

Post-workout, I came back upstairs where I greeted by my lovely hubby who was just getting ready to make me breakfast. Since today is the last day of Birthday Week before the big day tomorrow, I was really hoping to get in my favorite birthday week breakfast. Turns out, he had been listening to me and was already getting prepared to fulfill my request…

Blueberry Pancakes!

Jay even told me that he added a “secret ingredient” which he was rather excited about, which turned out to be a sprinkle of cinnamon. Ooo baby, were they delicious, with the perfect amount of fresh blueberries in each one.

I topped ‘em off with some sugar-free maple syrup and ate them all along with my cup of coffee.

I really love pancakes. And I really, really love when Jay makes them for me.

*****

Later today, I may end up heading off to the movies and/or running a few errands, but it’s still up in the air. However, one thing I definitely DO know will be happening later is getting a special birthday dessert. I’m already drooling over it.

Any guesses? Winking smile

1 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath January 29, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Happy (early) Birthday, Courtney! :)
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..A Pumpkin Spice Sunday!

2 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! January 29, 2012 at 12:15 pm

How nice of him! And those sure do look good!!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Time To Raid My Kitchen! The Grocery Edition

3 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life January 29, 2012 at 12:16 pm

If your special birthday dessert is anything like the cake your holding in your welcome picture, I cannot wait to hear about it! Who am I kidding, I’m always ready to hear about yummy desserts!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Dinner Quickie

4 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 29, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Your hubby is a keeper! Blueberry pancakes made in celebration of you?! Yum!! I am goin to guess chocolate cake of some sort?? Not sure, but can’t wait to see!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..IHOP’s Got Nothing on Me

5 chelcie @ chelcie's food files January 29, 2012 at 12:29 pm

happy early birthday! those pancakes look delicious…what a nice hubby you have:)
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Sushi and Eggs

6 Khushboo January 29, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Ooh Jay sure has raised the bar for your actual birthday- I wonder what he has in store for tomorrow’s brekkie!
Khushboo recently posted..Body for Life

7 Blog is the New Black January 29, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Oh man, now I want some bberry pancakes!

8 Alysha @shesontherun.com January 29, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I’m guessing something with chocolate – like chocolate lava cake? That’s what I would want! Or carrot cake.
Alysha @shesontherun.com recently posted..Baby Shower Treats

9 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health January 29, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Oh yum, I want Jay to make me some pancakes hehe ;). Those looks so delicious! I hope you have a great day…and perhaps tonight will consist of a delicious b-day cake?? Whatever it is I’m sure it will be fabulous!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Recharging Your Batteries

10 Jenny@HealthyMOChick January 29, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Wish I had a husband as nice as that to make me birthday breakfast :) Is he going to bake you a cake later too? hehehe.
Jenny@HealthyMOChick recently posted..Hello Kitty Day and Pumped up Kicks

11 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles January 29, 2012 at 2:11 pm

How sweet! I love when the husband notices the things that make me truly happy- the big and the small! I hope you get to the movies and get to enjoy the day some more!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The one with the health update….

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 29, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Aww what a good husband!! I don’t think I’d trust my husband to make me pancakes haha … but I guess it would be the thought that counted, right?! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..New Kicks and Whatcha Reading Weekend

13 Shannon January 29, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I’m guessing something chocolate? Oooohhhh, those pancakes look delicious! I really could use some blueberry pancakes right about now.

14 Lindsay January 29, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Fro-yo?

15 Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 29, 2012 at 3:46 pm

A man who knows how to make pancakes? You got yourself a good one there ;) Happy early birthday!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Quinoa with Eggplant and Peppers

16 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy January 29, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Happy almost birthday! I had pancakes for breakfast this morning too :).
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Preparing for Marriage

17 Emilie January 29, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I am showing my fiance birthday week… He has a few months to get his mind around it hehehe
Emilie recently posted..Skinny Taste Review – Delicious Pork Tenderloin for Dinner

18 Katie @ Plates and Paste January 30, 2012 at 12:33 am

My boyfriend makes the best pancakes and blueberry are my fav too! One year he made me blueberry pancakes with cut out letters to spell out “Happy birthday Katie” :)