The Big 2-8 Club

Last night was quite a great wrap up to an amazing weekend! First, let me catch ya’ll up on what you may have missed…

Yesterday afternoon, I ended up going to the movies with my friend Eileen to see One For The Money. I never read the book so I didn’t have anything to compare it to, but Eileen said that she liked the book better (as it usually is, right?). The movie was funny – didn’t totally blow me away – but either way, it was fun just to spend a little extra time out for the afternoon.

When I arrived back home, I think I had somewhat disappointed Jay. Apparently he wasn’t expecting me to be home so soon, and had been planning on surprising me with a home cooked dinner.

Since he hadn’t started anything at this point, I told him I’d have no problem evacuating the kitchen and letting him continue on with his surprise. So that’s exactly what I did. I relaxed on the couch while my man cooked me an amazing dinner that looked like this.

I’m tellin’ you…he has totally outdone himself this week. First the pancake breakfast, then a surprise dinner? I’m starting to think that he was starting to feel the pressure from all of your comments here on the blog. I know it’s not going to last forever, but I’ll take it while it lasts.

IMG_1364-1

But anyway… Winking smile

Dinner consisted of his signature garlic green beans,

baked sweet potato fries,

and grilled, Caesar-marinated chicken, which was actually cooked outside on the grill. Seriously…grilling outside at the end of January in upstate New York? That’s practically unheard of!

But I love it. Smile

Everything was absolutely delicious! Since the chicken breasts were pretty big, I ate half of mine and saved the other half to have at some point during the week.

Besides…I had a special birthday dessert to save room for!

Did any of you guess right?

Well, if you guessed an embarrassingly enormous cup of fro yo with boatloads of toppings, then you were absolutely right.

Apparently I felt the need to load up on everything because, you know, it was for the birthday. No, I’m not making excuses or anything.

Three different kinds of fro yo, lots of chocolate candy and caramel.

No fruit. No “healthy” toppings. No shame. Winking smile

It’s been a while since I had any sort of fro yo, and I’m telling you that it was worth every single calorie. I decided to indulge in my birthday dessert last night, instead of tonight because we actually have other fun plans for this evening that most likely won’t involve dessert.

*****

So now, we’ve finally made it to the finale of Birthday Week…today is the BIG DAY! I now officially can’t call Jay “old” anymore, because I, too, have joined the big 2-8 club. Seriously…28? I still can’t believe it. Boy time sure does fly.

O-7

O-5

So what have I been doing to celebrate the actual birthday so far? Funny you should ask…because I’ve actually been at my first official day of work at the new job since 5:00am…and I’ll be there until about 10:00am this morning.

But hey, at least I’m getting the most out of my day, right? Smile

I’ll be back later gators! Oh, but before I forget…thanks to everyone for dealing with my obnoxious obsession with Birthday Week all this past week.

Comments

Happy birthday Courtney!!! And congrats on the job- hope your first day is going really well :)! Working on your birthday is usually a shame but being the first day and all, I bet it’s an exception :)! That fro yo cup has me drooling- go big or go home! Have a great day!!!
    Khushboo recently posted..Body for Life

Oh my gosh, have we seen a recipe for those green beans? They look delish! And that’s coming from someone who’s extremely picky about how I’ll eat green beans.
    Kathryn recently posted..School

3. Emily says

Happy Birthday! We went yesterday afternoon to see that movie too….at Colonie Center. Is that where you were? I was craving TCBY yesterday after the movie but we went home!! Boo :(

4. Lara says

I love your obsession with birthday week, mostly because it has inspired me to celebrate my birthday week this year. I have a summer birthday, so my celebration is often cut short since either myself, my family or my friends are out of town. This year, all that shall change, esp since I’m turning 20. AH! Congrats on your first day of work!

5. Alyssa says

Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy your day!!! By the way, your fro-yo looks awesome and I now want a big giant cup for myself!!!

6. Jackie says

Happy Birthday from one Upstate Gal to another! I read your blog everyday and it has provided so much inspiration for me — including an idea to celebrate Birthday Week this October! :)

7. Nicole says

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great week leading up to the special day, and hope today is just as terrific!

Btw, love the kiddy pics – too cute!

8. Carly says

Happy birthday Courtney! And congrats on all of your latest accomplishments – it’s been a great year for you with big changes (I’m a daily reader) :)

9. Lina says

Happy Birthday Courtney, have a fabulous day! I still follow your blog all the time, still ‘addicted’ ;) Good luck with your new job, I wish I was local to you so I could ‘hire’ you!! xoxoxox

10. Kristin @ FoodFash says

Happy Birthday!!! Twenty eight was one of they best years ever. Hope your twenty eight is one for the books as well!!

11. Elly Simonich says

Happy Birthday Courtney! Your blog is one of my favorites to follow so thank you for sharing your life with us all, have a fabulous day!

12. Marie says

Happy Birthday, Courtney! Every week should be birthday week, huh!? ;) Have a wonderful day! I have a feeling this year will be your best one yet!

Happy Birthday, Courtney!! Looks like you had an awesome b-day and I hope your day continues to be amazing! And don’t worry, you’re not alone in the birthday obsession area. I am such a birthday diva that this year my friends were tempted to ignore my birthday! But I believe that birthdays are the one day it’s acceptable to be a diva :)

Happy Birthday, Courtney! Have a great day and may all of your birthday wishes come true. 28 is NOT old at all. Don’t feel ashamed about your age.

Your husband seems so sweet; my parents would never put up with a thing like Birthday Week- mostly because I’m a triplet, so if I got special treatment a week leading up to my birthday, my 2 brothers would have to have the same thing happen to them.

I have never been to TCBY before. I want to try it, and bunch of people in my class absolutely love it. I think TCBY is getting really good business. Every time I drive past, there are always cars in the parking lot.
    Shannon recently posted..5 reasons why I love the Fresh Market

15. Sabine says

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Courtney!
    (Everything good for your birthday.)

Have the best birthday ever with all your loved ones, lots of fun, food and, as it seems, a little bit of fitness too. :)

(Btw, it’s my sister’s birthday also. And tomorrow her little son turns six. So – a lot to celebrate!)

16. Julie says

Happy Birthday! Don’t aplogize for loving birthday week…you put a smile on our faces everyday and, as readers, we love hearing about all the good things coming your way. No shame in that! Enjoy YOUR day. :)

17. Claire says

Happy Birthday Courtney! Mine’s tomorrow, so I’ve been celebrating birthday week right along with you. Have SO much fun tonight!

Happy Birthday, Courtney :-) It sounds like it was amazing. I love the “embarrassingly large” serving of fro-yo ;-) I have been guilt more than once of that offense. Ha! I know 28 will treat you well and look forward to future posts and best of luck with the new job…how exciting you have worked so hard!!
    Claire recently posted..Outdoor Adventure

• Courtney says

Thanks Amy! I don’t have a writing job YET…that post from before was actually just an audition post to try to get the job…so I’m keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Happy Birthday! I love that you got a massive thing of yogurt. I just discovered that we have an Orange Leaf last night, which is SELF SERVE yogurt + toppings. I had no idea how it worked, so I packed the thing full of yogurt and toppings, and they weighed it to charge me for it. Most expensive ice cream ever … I didn’t need to get that much. I figured they charged by size! :)

Trackbacks