Ending On A Positive Note

You know, breakfast today was pretty good. Real good, in fact. But I had actually been craving eggs in a bad way. Unfortunately, I was pretty hungry by the time I got home this morning, which meant I had no patience to wait for ‘em to cook.

Luckily, I knew that this wouldn’t be much a problem…I’d just have some for lunch!

To feed my craving for carbs, I toasted up a whole wheat English muffin and topped it with a pumpkin + peanut butter combo. Always delicious.

Then, to feed my craving for eggs, I made a veggie omelet, complete with 1/2 cup Egg Beaters, a slice of cheddar cheese, and steamed spinach, tomatoes, and red onion. Apparently all of the juices from the steamed veggies should have been drained a little better, because this thing turned out to be quite messy. But either way, it still tasted just as good goin’ in.

Of course, the eggs were topped with a little bit of the red stuff.

I mean, figured that since I can’t technically wear red to work today, I would still show my support of Wear Red Day in the cheesiest way possible.

Then again, I am also sporting a pretty sexy red nose at the moment, so I guess I’m still wearing my red…and also still being cheesy. Winking smile

Is anyone else out there wearing their red today to show support in the fight against heart disease for women?

I’m feeling a little disappointed at the moment because I ended up having to bail on what was sure to be a pretty fun evening with these three lovely ladies. We were planning on meeting up after my shift at work this afternoon for coffee and a fun show, but unfortunately, I just am not feeling up to it.

This darn cold is not getting any better, and happens to be doing a pretty good job of kicking me in the a$$ at the moment. I only have a three hour shift at work, and right after that, I’m planning on coming home and just vegging out. I need to get rid of this thing fast…it’s no fun being sick on the weekends!

And now, since I always try ending my posts on a positive note, here’s a fun little picture I recently came across on Pinterest that totally had me laughing.

Is that not hilarious or what? Baby humor just cracks me right up. Have any of you seen the newest e-Trade baby commercial (<—there it is) that’s set to air during the Super Bowl this Sunday. “I’m speed dating”…love it! Smile

Hope everyone’s ready and gearing up for the weekend! Any fun plans out there?

Question: Do you keep a can of pumpkin in your fridge? I never can get through the whole thing so I am wondering what you do to be so pumpkiny all the time!
    P.S. I tagged you! I know you tell a lot about yourself but here is an opportunity to do even more!! Check out my most recent post for what to do:)
    Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Virtual Tag: Get to Know Me!

• says

you can also freeze the pumpkin! When i have leftovers and dont want to be pumpkiny for the whole week, i seal it in a freezer-friendly container and simply defrost it when i’m ready for the flavor again.

[note: it does sometimes seem a bit seperated/watery on top when it defrosts – but a good stir takes care of that in a flash!]
      Heather recently posted..Hope and Mild Indigestion

1. typo alert: there are four of us lovely ladies, not three 😉

2. the e-trade baby? voiced by comedian Pete Holmes. [@peteholmez on twitter] who also hosts my FAVORITE podcast – You Made It Weird [totally inspiring me creatively, challenging me spiritually/personally, and increasing my desire to DISCUSS things bigger than what I normally discuss. And it’s full of laughs – can’t recommend it enough!

3. FEEL BETTER. take time to rest and cuddle with J & C. [snuggles always help, right?]

4. expect a long rambly email at somepoint, since you won’t be there for me to share the “top secret news” i suggested in previous conversations 😉
    Heather recently posted..Hope and Mild Indigestion

I know it sucks to miss out, but the rest should for sure help! You have been so busy recently, staying home tonight may be just what your body needs :-) fun plans this weekend include having friends over, getting my hair done, church and of course the super bowl!

The funniest thing about that baby picture, is that it’s used on Pinterest about a million times, with just different funny lines added on top of the picture! 😉 But the one you shared is pretty darn cute!

Hope you feel better soon!
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Stress.

I love funny baby/pet humor! I hope that you get to rest up this weekend and kick that cold in the butt. I’m running my first half marathon this weekend. I don’t know if that quantifies as “fun”, but I’ll take it since I get to miss the snowstorm in Denver and am instead basking in the California sun 😀
    Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Take Me Away

I saw the same baby picture but instead it said “you mean to tell me…Spoons don’t really sound like airplanes?”. Made me laugh out loud. My only plans this weekend are trying out a new saturday evening church service. Maybe try to get a workout in there somewhere too!
    Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..February Goals