Ending On A Positive Note

by Courtney on February 3, 2012

You know, breakfast today was pretty good. Real good, in fact. But I had actually been craving eggs in a bad way. Unfortunately, I was pretty hungry by the time I got home this morning, which meant I had no patience to wait for ‘em to cook.

Luckily, I knew that this wouldn’t be much a problem…I’d just have some for lunch!

To feed my craving for carbs, I toasted up a whole wheat English muffin and topped it with a pumpkin + peanut butter combo. Always delicious.

Then, to feed my craving for eggs, I made a veggie omelet, complete with 1/2 cup Egg Beaters, a slice of cheddar cheese, and steamed spinach, tomatoes, and red onion. Apparently all of the juices from the steamed veggies should have been drained a little better, because this thing turned out to be quite messy. But either way, it still tasted just as good goin’ in.

Of course, the eggs were topped with a little bit of the red stuff.

I mean, figured that since I can’t technically wear red to work today, I would still show my support of Wear Red Day in the cheesiest way possible.

Then again, I am also sporting a pretty sexy red nose at the moment, so I guess I’m still wearing my red…and also still being cheesy. Winking smile

Is anyone else out there wearing their red today to show support in the fight against heart disease for women?

*****

I’m feeling a little disappointed at the moment because I ended up having to bail on what was sure to be a pretty fun evening with these three lovely ladies. We were planning on meeting up after my shift at work this afternoon for coffee and a fun show, but unfortunately, I just am not feeling up to it.

This darn cold is not getting any better, and happens to be doing a pretty good job of kicking me in the a$$ at the moment. I only have a three hour shift at work, and right after that, I’m planning on coming home and just vegging out. I need to get rid of this thing fast…it’s no fun being sick on the weekends!

And now, since I always try ending my posts on a positive note, here’s a fun little picture I recently came across on Pinterest that totally had me laughing.

source

Is that not hilarious or what? Baby humor just cracks me right up. Have any of you seen the newest e-Trade baby commercial (<—there it is) that’s set to air during the Super Bowl this Sunday. “I’m speed dating”…love it! Smile

Hope everyone’s ready and gearing up for the weekend! Any fun plans out there?

1 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine February 3, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Ahh I had eggs for lunch today too, in the form of an egg and jelly sandwich. So good! I’m excited to watch the Superbowl commercials – and eat all of the snacks – the game, not so much :)
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Resolutions Progress Week 4

2 Care @healthiergirl February 3, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Funny, I was thinking of having eggs for dinner tonight. :)
Care @healthiergirl recently posted..Jello Legs

3 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness February 3, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Question: Do you keep a can of pumpkin in your fridge? I never can get through the whole thing so I am wondering what you do to be so pumpkiny all the time!
P.S. I tagged you! I know you tell a lot about yourself but here is an opportunity to do even more!! Check out my most recent post for what to do:)
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Virtual Tag: Get to Know Me!

4 Heather February 3, 2012 at 3:22 pm

you can also freeze the pumpkin! When i have leftovers and dont want to be pumpkiny for the whole week, i seal it in a freezer-friendly container and simply defrost it when i’m ready for the flavor again.

[note: it does sometimes seem a bit seperated/watery on top when it defrosts - but a good stir takes care of that in a flash!]
Heather recently posted..Hope and Mild Indigestion

5 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 3, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I definitely repinned that from you!! Hilarious!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Chewy Lemon Cookies

6 Marty February 3, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Wore red today without knowing I was supposed to :) I guess I’m just psychic like that! Ha ha!
Marty recently posted..Crispy Kale Chips

7 Heather February 3, 2012 at 3:20 pm

1. typo alert: there are four of us lovely ladies, not three ;)

2. the e-trade baby? voiced by comedian Pete Holmes. [@peteholmez on twitter] who also hosts my FAVORITE podcast – You Made It Weird [totally inspiring me creatively, challenging me spiritually/personally, and increasing my desire to DISCUSS things bigger than what I normally discuss. And it’s full of laughs – can’t recommend it enough!

3. FEEL BETTER. take time to rest and cuddle with J & C. [snuggles always help, right?]

4. expect a long rambly email at somepoint, since you won’t be there for me to share the “top secret news” i suggested in previous conversations ;)
Heather recently posted..Hope and Mild Indigestion

8 TJ February 3, 2012 at 3:37 pm

pumpkin AND peanut butter?! YUM!
xo TJ

9 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 3, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Get well soon! Make sure you disinfect your hands a lot at the gym (so many germs there)!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..FLOW “The 100 Workout”

10 Jodi February 3, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I’ve seen that pic everywhere lately, hilarious! Super Bowl plans will consist of my dad flying in to visit, just made homemade turkey stock, making homemade brownies and spinach & artichoke dip for game day. NYJ!
Jodi recently posted..Ready for Super Bowl weekend

11 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 3, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I know it sucks to miss out, but the rest should for sure help! You have been so busy recently, staying home tonight may be just what your body needs :-) fun plans this weekend include having friends over, getting my hair done, church and of course the super bowl!

12 Emily February 3, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I’m home sick with a fever so I’m missing out tonight too :( we’ll have to do another meet-up to make up for it soon!!

13 Corinne February 3, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Ive got a bright red belt on for today – my roomie in college has a heart problem so wanted to do it to support her! Hope you start to feel better soon!
Corinne recently posted..Smorgasbord of Dinner

14 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen February 3, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Hope you feel better soon! My plans are to totally veg out for the night too and I couldn’t be looking forward to it more!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Prosciutto stromboli

15 Lauren February 3, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I’m so bummed I didn’t realize it was National Wear Red today. :( Boo…I would have totally participated if I knew.

Hope you feel better soon girl. I had that nasty cold a few weeks ago and it knocked me down for a few days. Get lots of rest and fluids.
Lauren recently posted..“She Said I Think I’ll Go To Boston”

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 3, 2012 at 5:26 pm

The funniest thing about that baby picture, is that it’s used on Pinterest about a million times, with just different funny lines added on top of the picture! ;) But the one you shared is pretty darn cute!

Hope you feel better soon!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Stress.

17 Lena @Fit on the Rocks February 3, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I love funny baby/pet humor! I hope that you get to rest up this weekend and kick that cold in the butt. I’m running my first half marathon this weekend. I don’t know if that quantifies as “fun”, but I’ll take it since I get to miss the snowstorm in Denver and am instead basking in the California sun :D
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Take Me Away

18 Shari February 3, 2012 at 7:17 pm

That baby picture is too cute — and too funny!

Hope you feel better soon!!
Shari recently posted..Tuesday’s Tunes: Playlist Edition.

19 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family February 3, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I saw the same baby picture but instead it said “you mean to tell me…Spoons don’t really sound like airplanes?”. Made me laugh out loud. My only plans this weekend are trying out a new saturday evening church service. Maybe try to get a workout in there somewhere too!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..February Goals

20 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath February 3, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Feel better soon hun! :)

21 Khushboo February 4, 2012 at 1:14 am

haha love this pic- baby humor is the best!
Khushboo recently posted..Friday Favorite: Sunwarrior

22 Michelle (Better with Berries) February 4, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I went to Macy’s today and an older saleswoman approached me and my mom to let us know that if we were wearing red, we’d get an extra discount. And then she whispered, “Even if it’s your underwear!”. She cracked us up :-)