Give Me Some Ideas

Last night was definitely exactly what I needed…I’m feeling so much better today! Still got the whole sinus pressure thing goin’ on, but I’ll take it.

As soon as I got home from work last night, I changed into my PJ’s, and poured myself a beer. I know…that sounds like a super odd craving for being sick, right? Somebody had mentioned something about beer at work which sparked the craving, and then when I saw that we had one of my favorite varieties in the fridge, I decided to go for it.

I actually had the house to myself last night, since Jay was out with a couple of our friends, so I relaxed with my beer, reheated some leftovers from Wednesday, and just totally vegged out. I even ended up falling asleep on the couch…talk about a roarin’ Friday night, right? Hey, no biggie. I’d be willing to bet I wasn’t the only one??

I have another short shift at work later this morning/afternoon, so I made sure to give myself enough time to get up, get ready, and have breakfast. On the menu for today?

Pumpkin Oats with homemade Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter & Love Grown Foods Granola.

They were extra creamy today, which = extra awesome.

Next up on the agenda is work…after that, Jay and I are *hopefully* going out to try and get me some new sneakers, doing a little planning for Super Bowl Snacks for tomorrow (NO idea what to make), and then we have some dinner plans for later this evening. Thank goodness I’m feeling better for that!

Question for the Morning:

Do you have any good recipes for Super Bowl Snacks (healthy or not-so-much)? Feel free to link up and share…I’m looking for ideas!

Try out my healthy whole grain peanut butter butterscotch bars!! :)

Have a great weekend!

2. Nicole says

If you’re feeling up to it, you should head up to Saratoga for Chowderfest! Its my favorite day of the winter, and over the last few years, my hubby and I even drive up from Long Island for it!

• Courtney says

We actually thought about going to that but ultimately decided we didn’t feel like spending the money. I’ve heard it’s a blast though and the weather is pretty decent for it today, too!

Healthy french onion dip—

Greek Faye yogurt
    Tons of chopped shallots
    Tons of dried onions
    Leave in fridge at least an hour (overnight is best!) and top with paprika before serving. So so so delish and healthy

I don’t have an idea for food…but I do have an idea for the sinus pressure. I’m sure suggesting this makes me about 100 years old but it seems to be working for me so I hope it works for you! A neti-pot! It sounds gross and feels weird but it really helped relieve the pressure in my face. You can pick one up at any drugstore. Just make sure Jay isn’t home when you do it because it’s insanely embarrassing. Hope you feel better soon and enjoy the game tomorrow!
    Shana recently posted..Bite Me

• Courtney says

Hahaha, I actually HAVE one of those!! I’m thinking I might use it tonight…it always makes my eyes water like crazy and I don’t feel like having to re-apply my eye makeup 😉

5. Kate says

Hi there Courtney (this is totally random) but you’ve converted me! I’m about to order PB2 on iHerb right now :)
    I’m torn between ordering 2 plain PB2 or 1 of the plain and 1 of the chocolate…? Have you tried the chocolate one yet? I’ve read some reviews but I feel like I trust your opinion more. Glad you are feeling better! Enjoy your weekend :)

• Courtney says

You know, I actually haven’t opened up my chocolate one yet! I was trying to get rid of a little more of my regular before I opened another jar. I’d say, maybe go with 2 jars of plain for now, then you can always add in some cocoa powder into the mix?

6. kristen @ livinlifeinlouie says

I was in bed reading around 8:30- so I completely understand having a low key friday haha. Glad you are feeing better!

Glad you’re feeling better!! I just posted a recipe for a chicken and quinoa casserole…and if you wanted to make it easier you could use pre-bought cheese sauce! It’s delicious

Also, the other day I made cookie dough dip from Chocolate Covered Katie that is healthy but it doesn’t taste like it at all!
    Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Healthy Chicken and Quinoa Casserole

I copied your idea the other day and made honey cinnamon and maple cinnamon peanut butter with PB2. It was so delicious! Definitely going to have to remember that idea in the future. As far as Super Bowl recipes, how about my mint chocolate chip dough balls? Really easy to make, easy to eat with one hand or on the go, and absolutely delicious!
    Lauren recently posted..Mint Chocolate Chip Dough Balls

9. Laura @ Backstage Balance says

Beer makes everything better!
    Here’s an idea for a dip to make for your Super Bowl party – beer cheese dip. Very simple to make:
    -2 blocks neufachatel (reduced fat) cream cheese
    -1 packet of ranch dressing mix
    – 1/3 bottle or 1/2 can of beer (I used New Belgium Ranger IPA last time I made this)
    – 8 oz shredded Mexican mix cheese (1 bag or about 2 cups total)
    You mix the cream cheese with the ranch dressing mix and beer, then stir in about 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, saving the rest for a garnish on the top of your bowl or platter. Refrigerate for at least one hour, then serve with pretzels, veggie sticks or firm crackers.
    Warning – it’s highly addictive!
    Laura @ Backstage Balance recently posted..3:30am, at work.

Today I made apple nachos for the kids…they would make a super yummy super-bowl snack. Just core and slice apples (my fave are pink lady) and toss with lemon juice (so they don’t go brown). Microwave peanut butter and drizzle over apple slices, next I drizzled SF Hersey chocolate syrup and then sprinkled granola on top. WALA!
    jeralyn recently posted..Friday Fit Advice

11. alex says

i am gonna make those chocolate covered strawberry footballs; i saw someone else posted them. and ny stuff like soft pretzels (obviously too lazy to actually MAKE these, buying them frozen) and mini pizzas or pizza bagels! wooooo