Top 5 Favorite Anti-Super Bowl Recipes

by Courtney on February 5, 2012

Alright ladies (and maybe gents), I know there’s some of you out there…

I want you to raise your hand if you,

a) couldn’t care less about the Super Bowl

b) don’t like football

c) need something to do this evening while your man is glued to the tube.

Well if you answered YES to any of the questions above, then you have come to the right place. Now, what I want you to do is head out in into the kitchen, put on your snazzy apron, and get making one of my Top 5 Favorite Anti-Super Bowl Recipes!

Butterscotch Blondies with Chocolate Glaze

Pumpkin Banana Bread

Low-Fat Chocolate Strawberry Trifle

Hearty Oat Loaf (perfect with any kind of soup or salad!)

heartyoatloaf

Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

So now at least all of my friends out there who won’t be watching football will have something to do with their evening.

Happy Cooking/Baking! Smile

1 Coco February 5, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Thanks for this post! I am a Ravens fan and I hate the Patriots and don’t really care for the Giants (sorry!), so instead I am watching the Puppy Bowl tonight and making meatballs in my crock pot :-) Maybe I’ll add one of those foods to my baking list!
Coco recently posted..Football, Booze, and a dusting of Snow

2 HollieisFueledByLOLZ February 5, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Oh girl I totally understand. I really just don’t care about football in the slightest and need something to occupy my time. Living in upstate though, everyone is super pumped for the Giants so it’s not like you can escape!

That pumpkin bread looks like something I’m going to have to try though for real. :) Have a lovely evening!

3 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 5, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I will be watching the Super Bowl, but I wish I had those blondies to munch on while cheering on the game. They look incredible! Love that oat loaf too!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Not What You Think

4 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List February 5, 2012 at 6:16 pm

YuM!! I have a spaghetti squash that needs to be stuffed! I hadn’t thought of that!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..sponsor spotlight – pure bliss eats

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 5, 2012 at 6:32 pm

My husband is currently watching the game, and I’m half-watching, while also blogging. ;) Those blondies look delicious! I just made Orange Peel Shrimp for dinner, which was very “anti-Super Bowl” haha!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Stress.

6 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles February 5, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I was looking for a bread recipe to eat with soup! Pinning this!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Heavenly Healthy Cake for One

7 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it February 5, 2012 at 6:58 pm

yum – these look great! im snacking on some typical superbowl food but i also made a giant salad! all about balance :)
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..I am Crazy + Superbowl

8 Clare February 5, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I am SO making that Pumpkin Banana Bread.. thank you!!

9 Abbie February 5, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Although im not anti-super bowl, I have an impossible exam tomorrow so not watching tonight. But I did make stuffed spaghetti squash (for only like the hundredth time). I could eat this every.single.day.

10 Michelle (Better with Berries) February 5, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I also don’t care much for the Superbowl – except for all of the good food! We had guacamole, queso, and shrimp cocktails. And now I have a cake in the oven :-)
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Surprise!

11 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen February 5, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Haha, that’s me! Thanks for this post, it was definitely welcome after the bajillion “super bowl posts” I’ve seen this week! ;)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Whole wheat sweet potato banana muffins

12 Carolyn @HealthierGirl February 5, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I’m watching the Super Bowl but also browsing the web. I am not a huge football fan but I am definitely enjoying the game this year!
Carolyn @HealthierGirl recently posted..Weekend in Review

13 Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut February 5, 2012 at 11:19 pm

*Raising hand*

I did go to a Superbowl party and watched the commercials but left during the 4th quarter to get a work out in at the gym…I was one of maybe 5 people there so it was nice!

Those butterscotch brownies look delicious! I may make some with a valentine theme! :-)
Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut recently posted..Raspberry Craisin Chocolate-Dipped Cookies {Valentine’s Day Link-Up}

14 Khushboo February 6, 2012 at 12:27 am

Oh wow that oat loaf looks so yum- I just had a look at the recipe and seems very doable! Thanks, I think I know what will be supplementing my lunch this week :D
Khushboo recently posted..Friday Favorite: Sunwarrior

15 Casey @ OatsAndNanners February 6, 2012 at 12:34 am

Oh my gosh those blondies have my name all over ‘em…. I cannot WAIT to make these!! Thanks, Courtney :) You never need an excuse to bake and eat, right?
Casey @ OatsAndNanners recently posted..PDR, Recovery, & Rest

16 Miz February 6, 2012 at 6:18 am

dang.missed these for the superbowl.
they shall just have to be a few “this month” recipes :)
Miz recently posted..Today I am five.

17 Jill February 6, 2012 at 10:25 am

Oh, I meant to tell you – I made your stuffed spaghetti squash a few weeks ago with my own little changes – subbed in different veggies that I love and added in ground chicken for some protein. It was DELISH. I’m not sure I would ever have tried spaghetti squash until I came across your recipe. Great job!
Jill recently posted..In the Navy