Who Runs This House?

by Courtney on February 7, 2012

So I thought about posting again last night, since we had actually finished our dinner at a decent hour and I didn’t have a hundred other things to do. But shortly after we finished eating, like literally within minutes, I ended up with a big orange fur ball getting nice and cozy on my lap.

I asked him if he’d kindly scoot over to his dad’s side of the couch, so I could go take care of what I had to do, and this was the look I got…

No words needed, bud. ‘Nuff said.

So, instead, Jay and I simply sat and enjoyed a peaceful evening, including some DVR’d Jersey Shore, The Bachelor, and, of course, cuddles with Cody.

IMG_1664IMG_1666

Nooooo, he doesn’t run this house or anything.

Not at all. Winking smile

*****

Last night’s dinner was actually fairly simple, and came together in a snap. We had cooked up two extra chicken breasts on Sunday while preparing our Super Bowl spread, so we reheated those, sautéed up some peppers and onions, and added it all to some brown rice.

I topped my chicken & rice bowl with a generous helping of pineapple salsa, which gave it both some heat and hint of sweetness. I loved it.

We also ended up snacking on some leftover homemade salsa with carrots and celery with dinner.

FYI: It is not easy to pick up salsa with carrots and celery. Disappointed smile

*****

This morning I woke up fairly hungry, along with a feeling of holy-crap-I-have-incredibly-sore-muscles-that-I-never-knew-existed. Seriously, every inch of my body right now…sorrrrrre. That workout was NO joke.

Workout plans for today are currently on hold, so I went straight to the good stuff this morning…breakfast!

I made a two-egg omelet with so many veggies that they wouldn’t even all fit inside.

I sautéed the broccoli, onions, and tomatoes in about a teaspoon of olive oil which, let me tell you, made such a HUGE difference in the flavor department. Usually, I just use non-stick cooking spray because I’m lazy, but that tiny bit of oil was delicious.

On the side, I had a delicious orange that I actually had to battle for this morning with Jay. It was the last one, so I had to finagle it away from him. (Thanks, babe!)

Time to go be productive…happy Tuesday, everyone!

1 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean February 7, 2012 at 9:12 am

hah, i had a similar problem with my orange cat this morning!
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Black Bean, Shrimp & Avocado Rollups

2 Khushboo February 7, 2012 at 9:14 am

Is that pineapple salsa homemade?? If so pls share the recipe! Have a great day!!
Khushboo recently posted..Too much of a good thing gone bad?

3 Courtney February 7, 2012 at 9:22 am

Haha, nooo…it’s Newman’s Own brand ;)

4 Cassie February 7, 2012 at 9:16 am

Cody is adorable! My two orange kitties always end up on my lap within minutes of sitting on the couch after dinner. They are so cute (and warm!) all cuddled up that I never want to move them, which makes for very unproductive evenings :)

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 7, 2012 at 9:16 am

I love that second picture of Cody! His facial expression is priceless! I think most pets run the house. Haha. They are just too darn cute :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..What Doesn’t Kill You, Makes You Stronger…

6 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 7, 2012 at 9:17 am

My puppy definitely runs our house! It’s his world and we are just living in it.. ;-) that breakfast looks incredible! Great way to start a weekend morning, much less a Tuesday!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Ch Ch Ch CHIA

7 chelcie @ chelcie's food files February 7, 2012 at 9:39 am

i’m obsessed with oranges lately..they are so good right now!! Your dinner sounds delicious!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Ten Things Tuesday

8 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat February 7, 2012 at 9:41 am

Beautiful breakfast spread. My dogs puppy eyes get me every time.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Restaurant Review – Lidia’s

9 Kelsey February 7, 2012 at 9:43 am

Cody is so dang cute!! What a sweetie!!

10 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 7, 2012 at 9:44 am

Your breakfast is so colorful I love it! You’ve kind of sparked my craving for an orange this morning! Also, Cody is one handsome critter ;)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Lets Get Right to it

11 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! February 7, 2012 at 10:39 am

I love that you are so good at incorpoarting veggies into your breakfast!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Fish & There’s Something On My Mind…

12 Faith03 February 7, 2012 at 10:44 am

I have always loved salsa dressing! More especially when I have French fries, salsa and cheese on the top makes it a perfect taste! Anyway, the cat is so cute…
Faith03 recently posted..Local search seo Abbeville

13 Carolyn @HealthierGirl February 7, 2012 at 11:16 am

Cody is so cute… your blog is definitely making me revisit the pet conversation with my husband!
Carolyn @HealthierGirl recently posted..My Grade was 95%

14 Alysha @shesontherun February 7, 2012 at 11:22 am

I had an organge for breakfast too (or I should say with my breakfast. I’m not the type of person who can only eat a piece of fruit for breakfast!). The citrus this year has been awesome.
Alysha @shesontherun recently posted..Almondina Review + Giveaway!

15 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 7, 2012 at 11:26 am

Cody is cute! I understand about running the house! I have a little boy (dog) named Sampson, that cries like a baby when he doesn’t get his way! he he I spoiled him!

16 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 7, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I’m not a cat person, but Cody is absolutely adorable!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Coconut Brown Rice with Brussels Sprouts

17 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 7, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I always steal bananas from the Husband! Such is the life of marriage!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..best ever gluten free sandwich bread

18 Alicia February 7, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Cody is absolutely adorable! My cat does the same thing, always at the worst of times, haha but I can’t help but love him when he’s being a snuggle monster. :-)
Alicia recently posted..36 weeks!

19 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 7, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Love Cody! :) I completely understand, I am just renting a room from my cats! Yummy veggie omelet….I have never had broccoli in my eggs before. Must try that! :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..New BodyRock Challenge!

20 Sharon February 7, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Courtney: I adore the pictures of your Cody. He is a real character!!! Keep them coming.

21 michelle kim February 7, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Those oranges look awesome! I love nature’s bright array of colors.
michelle kim recently posted..Trashed

22 Kimi February 7, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Cody is the cutest cat! I’m “owned” by my 3 cats too ;-)