My First WIAW

Alright guys and gals, I’m kind of excited this morning. If you’ve been reading healthy living blogs for a while, then I’m sure you’re probably already aware of the phenomenon that is What I Ate Wednesday.

In case you’re not, you can read all about it here on Jenn’s blog.

So basically, I’ve never really had a chance to participate because I tend to share my food with you guys, well, all the time, and there’s no sense in repeating it. But yesterday I ended up getting pretty busy, and then had my late night at work, so I figured that today would be the perfect opportunity to partake in WIAW. Woot! Let’s take a peek…

Breakfast – 8:00am

Yeah, I know. You guys already saw this one.

Snack – 11:00am

I had this delicious apple cinnamon Chobani right after I finished some interval work on the treadmill, along with a small handful of almonds. I actually came up with a pretty awesome new workout, but I’m waiting to share it with you all. You’ll see why soon enough. Winking smile

Lunch – 1:30pm

This salad was incredible. I know, I know, I say that a lot; but this one was serious business. The veggies were nothing crazy…romaine lettuce, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, bread & butter pickles, and onions. To pack in the protein, I added a full pouch of tuna fish packed in water.

Funny enough, the thing that made this salad so spectacular was the dressing. I drizzled everything with 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Garlic Gold, dried basil, and dried oregano.

Somebody tell me why I have not been doing this all along???

Snacks 1 and 2 – 4:45pm & 6:45pm

Last night was my later night at work, so I packed up some snacks to bring with me to eat throughout my shift. My first snack was a golden delicious apple and peanut butter.

My second snack wound up being turned into another smoothie. This one included two scoops of vanilla SunWarrior, 1 tbsp flaxseeds, 1/2 banana, and 5 strawberries.

Snack 3 – 8:45pm

By the time I got home from work, I wasn’t necessarily starving, but I was hungry for something. I wasn’t in the mood for anything that required much effort so I had about a serving of Special K Protein Plus cereal and the other half of my banana with unsweetened almond milk.

Last night was definitely another unconventional meal situation, but I honestly didn’t mind it. I kept myself full by spacing out healthy, protein packed snacks throughout the evening, which kept me energized and satisfied. Hey…if it works, right?

Questions for the Morning:

My current favorite snacks are: ___________________.

The last odd “meal” I had was: ____________________.

Some of my favorite kinds of cereals are: ___________________.

That’s my exact favorite smoothie combo..although I do 3/4 cup soy milk and 1/4 cup yogurt! I’m addicted to Sunwarrior!

My current favorite snacks are: Greek yogurt mixed with applesauce (and/or strawberries), peanut butter, and half a scoop of Vanilla Sunwarrior- SO delicious!
    Khushboo recently posted..Too much of a good thing gone bad?

I’ve had a lot of odd meals lately as I’m moving and my fridge is BARE. I made a spicy okra pasta dish for lunch the other day that was pretty umm unsatisfactory. Okra should either be pickled, fried, or tossed in gumbo. It has it’s place and it’s place is not in pasta!
    Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Bamboozled, In Pictures

Just started making my own cereal..quinoa maple syrup baked cereal, so good!
    The last odd meal I had was last night; roasted cauliflower, celeriac and green beans with curry powder sprinkled on top, topped with nutritional yeast and a generous side of homemade hummus…random leftovers in an effort to clear the fridge!
    My current favourite snack…zucchini bread; I’m going to turn in to a loaf of it!
    Great to see you’ve joined the party!
    Michelle@PeachyPalate recently posted..Unroasted

4. Stefanie says

Current fave snacks are mixed nuts, apples & oranges
    The last odd “meal” was yesterday’s lunch…a clif mojo bar, cheese stick & apple :/ (I had back to back classes all afternoon!)
    Some of my favorite cereals are Kashi go lean (healthiest one on the market I’m pretty sure!) and cinnamon life.

5. Corinne says

Just wondering – how do you keep your apple from goig brown when u pack it like that? My mom used to drizzle lemon juice over it when I was a kid.
    Favorite snack right now is the Pure cherry cashew bars! So filling and yummy.
    Corinne recently posted..Typical Eats

fave snack – wasabi peas (of course, nothing new, ha!) or a handful of chocolate chips + almonds
    odd meal – today’s lunch of broccoli slaw soup (I swear it’s much better than it sounds, probably because it takes 2 seconds to make)
    fave cereals are kashi golean and puffins!

I have been meaning to jump on the “WIAW” bandwagon for quite some time now, maybe next Wednesday I will remember!

My favorite snacks are: Cottage cheese, banana with peanut butter and Greek yogurt, almonds and so many more! Snacker is my middle name!

The last odd meal I had was cool whip mixed with yogurt dip with fruit.

My favorite cereal is Special K Protein Plus

Have a great day :)
    Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..How to Go Greek

Greek yogurt and peanut butter with fresh fruit – of any kind.
    It isn’t too odd but last Friday we opted to have nachos for supper and loaded them with veggies, roasted chickpeas, black beans and of course cheese!
    I only eta one kind of cereal, Multigrain Cheerios! I cannot wait to find and try the Peanut Butter kind!
    Lindsey recently posted..Winner & Gelato!

I’m not a big snacker but lately my favorite snack is a Cherry Pie Larabar.

The last odd “meal” I had was probably on my cruise, we had conch frittars & salad.

I’m also not a big cereal eater, my mom wouldn’t let us have any sugary cereals growing up so I never got into eating it. I still rarely have a bowl of cereal with milk but if I do it’s Frosted Mini Wheats.
    Lauren recently posted..Style Saturday

Great job with the snacks! I have been loving black cherry Chobani mixed with a tablespoon of cocoa powder and a packet of stevia. The Clif Z Iced Oatmeal bars (as you know) are amazing, too! Oh, and pretty much anything with almond butter–baby carrots, pretzels, my finger . . .
    Melissa recently posted..All Over the Place

• Courtney says

LOL, totally was not expecting the end of your comment there! And I’m loving your idea with the black cherry CHO. Yum!!

That dressing you made sounds delicious! I don’t like many store dressings, so I might have to try that. And I can’t wait to hear about the new workout!

My favorite cereal right now is Kashi Go Lean Crisp: Toasted Berry Crumble. I haven’t had an actual bowl of it yet, but the box is about half gone :-)
    Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..My Favorite Guacamole

1-I love snacking on Larabars or apples with almond butter right now
    2-Last night I was craving oatmeal (probably because I didn’t have it for breakfast), so I had a big bowl of oats for dinner. Random, not a “dinner food,” but it was delicious nonetheless!
    3-Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereals, organic forms of cheerios, and I’m especially loving Nature’s Path organic granola (the pumpkin flax granola is SO good)
    Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..WIAW #14

13. Traci says

1- My favorite snacks lately have been a Larabar, Fage greek yogurt mixed with chocolate protein powder, hardboiled egg, or wasabi almonds from Trader Joe’s!
    2. Odd It’s not weird to me at all, but probably my Whole Foods hot bar/salad bar dinner last night. Random mix of everything!
    3. I’m usually not a cereal person, but I do really like Kashi Go Lean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble.

14. Lauren B. says

1) Texas caviar with whole grain crackers or chips
    2) I had soup for breakfast recently
    3) I am addicted to Cascadian Farms cinn-raisin granola- its dangerous!

15. Sarah W. says

Do you have an update on your plan with Jim Fitness??

(after seeing your post, I signed up with him too! I got started a few weeks ago and Im down about 2lbs (I ran into some snafu’s with silly period and super bowl shenanigans)) hehehe.

I’d love to see an update on your progress on “the plan”

Looks liek a great meals for the day. The sald looks wonderful!!

My current favorite snacks are: greek yogurt with peanut butter cherrios, almond niy butter and fresh blueberries. I eat this twice a day!

The last odd “meal” I had was: sweet potato fries with a side of yogurt and carrots. I was hungry and grabbed what I had!

Some of my favorite kinds of cereals are: Peanut Butter Cheerios and Kashi Honey Sunshine.
    Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Shredded Barbecue Chicken and Homemade Rolls

awww yay you joined us! I think you’ve been teasing/promising from the beginning to jump on board one of these weeks Courtney — so glad you did! I added your link/blog to the party for ya so everyone visiting the WIAW posts can find you now <3

and I think I need to whip up that dressing STAT! you had me at garlic! =)
    Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Veggie Love + [WIAW #55]

Question 3 could take me all day, I am addicted to cereal. I love shredded wheat, mulitgrain cheerios, raisin bran, i am getting hungry just thinking about it.
    And do you like the vanilla sunwarrior better than the chocolate? I bought the chocolate and i think it has a weird chalky taste and really doesnt taste like chocolate all that much. My husband uses a gnc brand vanilla that is really good. Not sure if it is the brand i prefer or just that I prefer vanilla over chocolate.
    Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..What the Baby Eats

Hey Courtney! I love your blog! Im a new blogger and have seen WIAW quite a bit! (Love it!) If you get a chance check our my blog at Its a clean eating/ healthy living blog as well.

20. Kathleen Amedio says

Hi courtney , you are so organized! Luv your breakfast pics. Favorite snacks mid morn. Vanilla almond milk tangerine, later hard boiled egg,& b & b pickles, Or naked smoothie red machine.

Your coffee mug is so cute!

Fave snacks lately: Popcorn. But I really need new work snack ideas!
    The last odd “meal” I had was: Cereal w/ a small piece of chicken on the side. Totally don’t go together at all.
    Cereal- Puffins! love them. Esp the cinnamon.

My current snacks have been light string cheese and an apple (or Tea and Almondina cookies). Since I’ve been sick this week, I’ve been eating a ton of chicken noodle soup for lunch and gumbo for dinner. The cereal I’m loving right now is Multigrain Cherios. I’ve never bought them until last week and I looovvee them!
    Alysha @shesontherun recently posted..Almondina Review + Giveaway!