No Stuffed Peppers

Okay, so all day long I had been craving stuffed peppers.

It started last night after I wound up buying a package of ground turkey at the grocery store. Actually, that’s a lie. It really started after my mom cooked up her amazing stuffed peppers a couple weeks ago, but I just haven’t had the ingredients on hand.

Well finally, I had everything that I needed in order to make my own stuffed peppers, and had been planning all day on making them once I got home from work tonight. I even put a call out on Twitter for your favorite recipes, which only got me even more excited about them.

Well…guess who didn’t get her stuffed peppers.

IMG_2714-1

Technically, I could have still made them, but Jay ended up having something come up with work and wasn’t sure when he’d be home, and I really didn’t feel like making them for myself.

So since my day-long dinner plans were now nixed, I did the next best thing…or at least I thought I did. I stopped at Panera and ordered an Asian Sesame Chicken salad and a Acai Berry iced tea to-go, and brought it home with me. When I opened up the bag, however, I was pretty disappointed with the salad that was staring back at me.

You guys know how I make my salads…

This was definitely NOT a Courtney salad. Where’s all the veggies?!?!

Yes, it was my own fault that I didn’t read the menu more carefully, but hey…live and learn.

And in the meantime, just put your own spin on it to make it more satisfying!

Now that’s a little better at least. Winking smile

I added in some cucumbers, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, bread and butter pickles, and opted for my own new favorite homemade dressing in place of the way-too-sweet sesame vinaigrette.

I’m suddenly feeling a craving for Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter coming on, so I’m thinking that a big helping of that with some apple slices is going to make for a perfect after-dinner treat.

*****

Side Notes…

• I’ve loved reading all of your comments and personal reflections from my afternoon post on personal training challenges. There’s been some very eye-opening conversation, which I can so totally relate to; so thanks, as always, for your insights and feel free to weigh in if you haven’t already!
  • There’s still one more day left to enter my Four-Course Valentine’s Day Dinner at Creo’ Restaurant. If you’re local, you definitely want to get in on this one!!
  • In case you haven’t already heard, my good pal, Tina, is putting together a super fun Best Body Bootcamp, which ANYONE can participate in. Knowing Tina, I already know that this bootcamp is going to ROCK, so feel free to head over and check it out…perhaps you’ll be joining me? Winking smile

Alright, I think it’s about time for me to go whip up some of the peanut butter. Have a great night, everyone!

Comments

I had this salad for lunch today and was soo disappointed! I put soo many veggies in my salad and this salad is seriously lacking. I also wish they had told me about those fried stick things because I am not really a fan and would have asked them to leave them out. I also agree with you on the dressing, way too sweet! Ya live and learn I supposed
    Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted..The best of animal friends

• Courtney says

Yeah, REALLY! I couldn’t believe that salad cost almost $8.00. It was a good thing I had a gift card, I suppose 😉

• Courtney says

Yeah, I knew I should have gone with my favorite “You Pick 2” combo – bacon turkey bravo + chicken noodle soup 😉

• says

Hahaha. Thanks homie! I am so glad you like it :) Question 1. Why would you only cook 2! hehe. They reheat awesome for lunches or dinner the next night :) But if you only have 2 on hand, I would do the lower cooking time for either Low or High. Maybe shave off 30 mins to an hour off? I really don’t think it should effect the cooking time all that much. Just keep an eye on them towards the end. Hope that helps :)
        Corey @ Family Fresh Meals recently posted..Bento Love: How Many Hearts Can You Find?

I had stuffed peppers for lunch! Nick hates em so I always have to make them just for myself! Hopefully you get yours soon – its not an easy craving to ignore, its one of those foods you just crave until you get it because nothing else is exactly what you’re wanting.
    Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..CranRose Chicken Skewers

• Courtney says

I actually almost ordered that one last night, but the girl at the register told me it was really spicy so I got scared, lol

3. Lyric Andersen says

i also looove love love stuffed peppers!! but im not droppin by to just talk peppers im dropping by to talk MANGOES! i have a full of frozen mangoes and am really craving some baking or dessert making 😉 i was wondering if you could maybe come up with mangoe recipe (or maybe you already have one stashed) by the way i love your blog, really inspiring! thanks :)

4. Lyric Andersen says

ps mangoes taste amazing frozen with a little chocolate…. im kinda addicted

5. Melissa says

Now that I’ve read about your stuffed pepper craving, I’m having one myself. If you come across a healthy recipe, would you mind posting it?