When I was in high school, I was a total sucker for those HUGE email surveys that would end up in my inbox, which I would then, inevitably, spend wayyy too much time procrastinating with my homework and instead, fill them out to the best of my ability.
Well, as it turns out, I’m still a sucker for surveys, and I still enjoy procrastinating…except now, it’s with house work, not homework. Bahaha. So last week, I was tagged in a couple of different surveys but just haven’t had the time to keep up. The last one I saw I had been tagged in over the weekend was from Chelsey, and it seemed to have some fun questions, so I figured I’d give it a go. I’m sure you’ve probably seen at least one of your favorite bloggers partake in this little survey by now, so here’s another one!
Here’s how it works:
- List 11 random things about myself
- Answer the 11 questions Chelsey asked me
- Come up with 11 questions to ask other bloggers
- Tag 11 other bloggers to do this next
My Random 11 Things
1. I always eat the lettuce first in my salads. I just love it when I’m left with a huge bowl full of chopped up veggies and toppings.
2. I’m a New York State High School Bowling Champion. In 2001, my junior year in high school, my team won the state championship in East Islip, NY. One of the proudest days of my life, without a doubt.
3. Continuing with the bowling theme…I’ve bowled on TV before! My dad and I were partnered together in a doubles tournament and we actually ended up having to bowl against one of my good childhood friends. My dad and I won, but we agreed before the match to split the winnings 50-50.
4. I’m always cold – ALWAYS. (same as Chelsey!)
5. My family nickname is “Cuppy” – when I was a little girl, I couldn’t pronounce “Courtney,” so I often referred to myself in the third person as “Cuppy.” Apparently, phrases such as “Cuppy do it!” were heard quite frequently. Cuppy has since evolved into Coopy, Coopster, and Coopinator, mostly thanks to my brother.
6. Shortly after starting college in 2002, my grandfather passed away. It was my first experience with death with a close family member and it really took a toll on me. About a week later, I had a dream and my grandfather was speaking to me. I couldn’t talk about it for days because it was such a profound moment, but in my dream, he told me he had to come back to tell me that he was okay, he was in a much better place, and that he just felt that I needed to know. I was never really sure whether or not I believed in that sort of thing being possible, but I will continue to swear to this day that he really did come back to me in my dream. Words still just can’t describe that moment and the emotions that go with it.
7. I have a collection of Ernie dolls. As a little girl, Ernie was my absolute favorite character on Sesame Street. I easily have 12-15 different Ernie dolls at my parents’ house, but the original is still here with me. Don’t ever trash talk Ernie in front of me.
8. In second grade, I went through a seriously obsessive stage where anything I did on the left side HAD to be done on my right. If I had to tie my left shoe, and I would un-tie and re-tie my right one.
9. I cannot, for the life of me, salt my own ear of corn on the cob. I have no shame.
10. I would move to North Carolina in an instant if Jay and I had at least one close set of friends say they’d go with us. Otherwise, we’re too scared/nervous to take the leap.
11. I haven’t mentioned it up until now, but Jay and I are leaving late next week to go on a week-long vacation to Mexico with six of our closest friends. To say I’m excited is an understatement!
Questions I Have to Answer
1. Chocolate or Vanilla? – Vanilla
2. What would you do with 1 million dollars? – Pay off my student loans, pay off our mortgage, invest, donate to the Childhood Obesity Foundation, and go shopping, of course.
3. Where is your favorite place to buy groceries? – Trader Joe’s, but since I don’t have one close enough to me, it’d have to be Price Chopper.
4. What is your biggest fear? – That I’ll let “comfortable” prevent me from doing more of the things I really want to do in life (i.e., #10 above).
5. What is the last book you read? – Working Out Sucks
6. Favorite movie? – I always hate this question because there’s so many movies I like! A classic that never gets old for me is Ace Ventura Pet Detective: When Nature Calls. My brother and I can basically recite the entire movie.
7. What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? – Personal training, blogging, and being a kick-ass mom.
8. Romantic or comedy movie? – Comedy, or how about a romantic comedy??
9. Last dream you remember? – I’m not totally sure, but I’m pretty sure it involved softball and cotton candy…?
10. Have you ever been in a car accident? – Yup. I almost totaled my beloved Cavalier, too. Luckily, the car had more damage than me and I was just a little shaken up.
11. What is the longest friendship you have ever had? – I’ve been friends with my Bestest, Heather, ever since we first met at Kindergarten orientation. So that’d have to be about, umm, 23 years now.
A New Set of Questions
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What’s the one piece of clothing you can’t live without?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Gum or mints?
- Favorite dessert?
- Do you have tattoos or piercings?
- Do you believe in ghosts and/or the afterlife?
- What’s your worst habit?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- What is one thing you miss about being a kid?
- If you had to change your name, what would it be?
So technically, the next step is supposed to be to tag 11 other bloggers, but since this thing has already made its way around quite a bit, I’m gonna switch it up. Instead, feel free to answer any (or ALL!) of the new set of questions below.
Let’s see what new stuff we can find out about each other.