Peanut Butter & Banana French Toast Oatmeal

by Courtney on February 11, 2012

Well, it’s been a pretty quiet morning around here this morning. Just me and the Codester hanging out, flaying some fetch.

He’s been even more inclined to want to play fetch the past two days since we just recently replaced his fetch toy. Good thing we’ve got quite a stockpile of ‘em. Winking smile

I have another shift at work this morning, hence the reason I’m already up and ready to go. Otherwise, I’d probably still be curled up and snoozing in my bed along with the hubby. It was so cozy this morning and I really did not want to get up.

Luckily, I had one particular thing motivating me to get ready…

Peanut Butter & Banana French Toast Oatmeal

Yesterday’s oatmeal was so good that I just couldn’t resist a repeat.

I followed the same recipe, however, I changed it up by nixing the berries and replacing them with half of a mashed banana right into the oats.

I then topped the oats with a serving of Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter, which was promptly swirled throughout the whole bowl.

In order to make the bowl a little more voluminous, I also allowed the chia seeds and oats to soak in water while I was getting ready this morning. They only soaked for about an hour, but I could definitely notice a difference.

So, so good!

*****

*Quick update on the swollen biceps: Still swollen, but look like they might have slightly gone down a bit. I put a call in to my doc yesterday and he told me that they’re probably just strained/over-worked. I’m taking ibuprofen and will be refraining from strenuous upper body work until they start to heal. Thanks so much for all of your advice/tips yesterday – I really appreciate it! So for now, you can just call me Arnold. Winking smile

Alrighty, I’m off to go do that work thang. Happy Saturday!

1 Carissa February 11, 2012 at 9:02 am

Glad to hear the biceps are improving! Just know that you can push hard!

Flex a lot today! haha!
Carissa recently posted..Smoothies for lunch

2 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine February 11, 2012 at 9:03 am

I need to try soaking my chia seeds first – usually I’m so ravenous I don’t wait.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..My New Favorite Thing & Weekend Plans

3 Blog is the New Black February 11, 2012 at 9:10 am

Glad the doc doesn’t think it’s anything serious…. take it easy, Arnold!

4 Kristin @ FoodFash February 11, 2012 at 9:21 am

After two mornings of waking up in chilly Austin, I understand the appeal of super warm breakfasts now! Your oatmeal looks delish!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Roadtrip Playlist Gems

5 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 11, 2012 at 9:43 am

Looks like a delicious breakfast! Glad to hear your bicep is getting better!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

6 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life February 11, 2012 at 9:43 am

I need to try soaking my oats and chia seeds. My oats never come out al voluminous as yours.

Rest up those biceps!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A Little Bubbly

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles February 11, 2012 at 9:59 am

Looks like a yummy way to start the day! ….Glad those arms are at least heading on the right direction!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..On the hunt….

8 Kaelin February 11, 2012 at 10:38 am

That oatmeal looks sooo yummy!! I love PB in my oats!

Good to hear your arms are going to be okay. I guess that trainer really pumped you up! ;)

9 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy February 11, 2012 at 10:59 am

Great way to start the day. Cody is so adorable! Glad your biceps aren’t anything serious. ;)
Stefanie @TheNewHealthy recently posted..Sweat it Out Saturday – sexy shoulder workout

10 jana @ newly wife healthy life February 11, 2012 at 11:05 am

I always soak my oats & chia seeds before cooking. It really does make them so much thicker!
jana @ newly wife healthy life recently posted..Exercise Review, Week 2

11 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 11, 2012 at 11:32 am

Yum! Love oatmeal! You inspired me to have some for breakfast today!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Strawberry Shortcake / Blog Hop

12 Olivia February 11, 2012 at 11:51 am

Mmmm banana oats! As soon as I’m feeling less sick and want oats again, I’ll be putting banana in em!
Olivia recently posted..Gym Vacation

13 Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl February 11, 2012 at 12:44 pm

the PB almost looks as good as the Cinnamon Honey Roasted PB that PB and Peppers sent in me in my foodie box.
Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl recently posted..Oatmeal Toppings: Workouts & Recipes for your Weekend

14 Khushboo February 11, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Sundays are the only day I have time/patience to cook up oatmeal for breakfast…cannot wait to wake up tomorrow!
Khushboo recently posted..Not your typical Egg McMuffins

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I MUST try out the French toast oatmeal idea tomorrow!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..UN-Productivity

16 Michelle (Better with Berries) February 11, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Glad to hear your arms are returning back to normal – it’s always scary to think you may have injured yourself! I may try your french toast oatmeal recipe tomorrow morning :-)
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Weekday Desserts

17 Tara Burner February 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm

yum that oatmeal looks to die for!
glad your arms are getting better
Tara Burner recently posted..Skidders Sock Review & Giveaway

18 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 11, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Hmmm oatmeal looks great! Glad the arm is better, even if it’s just slightly. :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Just Relax :)

19 Tiffany February 12, 2012 at 10:46 pm

It’s always fun to have a workout partner! Glad the arms is doing a little better :)